Who got the US out of the pandemic? (Poll)

Which admin got the US past the Covid-19 pandemic?

• The Trump administration by expediting vaccine development

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • The Biden administration by not being the Trump administration

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
The poll choices are inadequate. The correct choice:

- Nature. The virus follows the typical curve that pretty much all seasonal virus' do. Human immune systems have evolved over millennia to enable the species to recover from and develop immunity to viruses. It was never a pandemic; Covid is a seasonal corona virus.

The government (Fed, State and Local) turned the virus into a Panicdemic to seize power. I exclude Trump from the Fed blame. The permanent bureaucracy undermined his commons ense approach.

I guess you are kinda clueless about the historic death toll that takes place in the "typical curve" that happens as "species to recover from and develop immunity to viruses".

Today a flu strain called N1H1 is a seasonal occurance, but when it was a novel virus the way Covid-19 is it killed 50 million people over a few years it took build up immunity among populations to normalize it.
... Actually, I am quite well informed. We didn't shut down the economy for the flu in 1958 or 1968. It was destructive and stupid to do so for Covid.

You are not well informed. The best is you let it be to confuse the expressions cold (what you call in your language normally "flu"), the dangerous influenza (what you also call "flu") and Covid-19 (now again a "flu" in your way to think).

The Sars-CoV-2 virus destroys a body in many ways. For example you are able to have something in what you could call "symptoms of a cold" - but indeed it could be Corona or covid-19. But an addtional symptom will perhaps stay to be: you will not be able to taste food any longer. Cells which are needed to do so are destroyed. Or covid-19 destroys cells in your pancreas and you get diabetes. This are only two "symptoms", which are for example different from any flu. And there are much more problems.

If you like to understand how many people die then paint a little rectangle. Start with 1 year (new born babies up to one year are alwas in danger, because their immune system needs help) - end with 100 years (left-right axis). And down-top start with 0% and end with 100%. In the age of "80" take 25% and make a point there. Then draw a line from the left corner down through this point. Who is over the line will live - who is under the line will die. Unfortunatelly this is a very positive perspective in case of the fight against covid-19 last year - basing on data of people who are fighting against Covid-19. How the gradient looks like, if no one fights - this I never like to see. And now stop it to surrender and start to fight. It's easy to do so: do not carry the virus to anyone else. The problem: You could be infected and bring it to others although you don't have symptoms on your own. Show to everyone your best will not to infect anyone and use masks!

I'm far better informed that you. Covid is not the Black Plague.

I never said anything what goes only a little into this direction. By the way: The English mutation (B.1.1.7) of this virus (40%-80% more infectious) exists in Germany for example meanwhile in 22% of all infections with covid-19. And this is more worse as if the virus on its own became 40%-80% more deadly.

Last edited:
If you look at the latest pandemic numbers it's clear.
The new vaccines, developed, tested, manufactured, distributed, and jabbed in arms in record time look to be working.
Any other president would have had a vaccine much faster!!!!
Even a third rate country like Russia produced a vaccine faster than Tramp!!!!
Fauci said 2 years, Trump did it in 9 months

Faucci is a failure. He has been wrong on so many levels. The leftists worship him. Hilarious.

3rd survey option:
* Unknown - we're not "out of the pandemic" yet

4th survey option:
* BOTH the Trump AND Biden Administrations ***

*** Trump for fast-tracking and approving development and signing contracts and for getting initial manufacturing and distribution underway
*** Biden for tackling massive manufacturing and distribution logjams and for being transparent and bringing the project home - batting clean-up
Or more correctly, neither as the entire planet has been working on the vaccine for a myriad of reasons. If anything, the CDC has done an absolute shit job in dealing with this virus at every single level possible and who the president was at the time is irrelevant to that reality. The only thing either of our presidents have done is lie over and over again to make themselves look better.

The poll choices are inadequate. The correct choice:

- Nature. The virus follows the typical curve that pretty much all seasonal virus' do. Human immune systems have evolved over millennia to enable the species to recover from and develop immunity to viruses. It was never a pandemic; Covid is a seasonal corona virus.

The government (Fed, State and Local) turned the virus into a Panicdemic to seize power. I exclude Trump from the Fed blame. The permanent bureaucracy undermined his commons ense approach.
Covid is NOT seasonal. It lasted all of 2020, and now it mutated into even more contagious and more deadly strains.
Nature is not helping, vaccines are.

OK, we agree. I'm not saying that the initial drop in January was ONLY because of vaccines, it was probably more related to the end of holiday gatherings. However, as that drop continued, more and more of the most vulnerable kept getting vaccinated.
I don't know when the "break point" happens, or happened, where the vaccinations reduced more new cases than the non-gatherings, but by looking at the "slow" drop rate in new cases from the first two peaks, it looks to me that the vaccinations are accelerating the drop in new cases and deaths, and we already passed the "break point" which is the point of the OP.
The vaccines are in-fact significantly reducing new cases and deaths.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, as long as a new "vaccine proof" variant doesn't happen. You're welcome.
I don't know what you mean by "break point" or how you determined how we passed it.

The drop in cases is still almost certainly primarily driven by changes in behavior as the percent of the population vaccinated is still around 10%, not nearly enough to give us any kind of herd immunity by any stretch of the imagination. That probably won't happen until we are closer to 40 or 50% vaccinated, combining with another 10-20% of people who have acquired immunity.
"Break Point" means when the vaccines reduce new infections at a faster rate than normal measures w/o the vaccines.
As more and more of the "most exposed" and "most vulnerable" get vaccinated the rate of infections and deaths has to drop.
You seem to imply that the vaccines have no effect yet, I disagree based on the steep drops.

OK, we agree. I'm not saying that the initial drop in January was ONLY because of vaccines, it was probably more related to the end of holiday gatherings. However, as that drop continued, more and more of the most vulnerable kept getting vaccinated.
I don't know when the "break point" happens, or happened, where the vaccinations reduced more new cases than the non-gatherings, but by looking at the "slow" drop rate in new cases from the first two peaks, it looks to me that the vaccinations are accelerating the drop in new cases and deaths, and we already passed the "break point" which is the point of the OP.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, as long as a new "vaccine proof" variant doesn't happen. You're welcome.
I don't know what you mean by "break point" or how you determined how we passed it.

The drop in cases is still almost certainly primarily driven by changes in behavior as the percent of the population vaccinated is still around 10%, not nearly enough to give us any kind of herd immunity by any stretch of the imagination. That probably won't happen until we are closer to 40 or 50% vaccinated, combining with another 10-20% of people who have acquired immunity.
"Break Point" means when the vaccines reduce new infections at a faster rate than normal measures w/o the vaccines.
As more and more of the "most exposed" and "most vulnerable" get vaccinated the rate of infections and deaths has to drop.
You seem to imply that the vaccines have no effect yet, I disagree based on the steep drops.
I think it's a combination

This wave and peak came from not social distancing during the holidays....it killed an additional 100,000 people.... in about just one month....

Then the American people started to social distance, wearing masks, and no super spreader rallies or other events AND people started getting the vaccine which has brought us down from that peak....

But not enough vaccinations have taken place to protect us completely....only slightly.

There are some super spreader events that have taken place after the New Year Holiday...the Trump rally and coup attempt on Jan 6th was massive, they went home to a gazillion different State, infected their families and coworkers who then infected others...and those others infected others etc etc....

But that could have already already been included in this last surge of sickness and deaths....let's hope it was....

So next is the Super Bowl super spreader event, again affecting every state from parties and the Tampa Bay street celebrations in Ybor City and everywhere in the city and state....

And this past President Day long weekend, people traveled to other States on vacations and visiting families and friends.

Those two events, we may not have seen the results yet! :eek-52:

Vaccines and those who carry antibodies from previous infection have to be affecting a slower infection spread, but there still was 100,000 deaths the past 4 weeks, which is a HUGE amount of deaths...might be the WORST we have had, the past year since the virus showed up!!

The virus knows we are vaccinating people...and it will try its hardest to outsmart us....and outrun us, by creating variations that are more infectious and more deadly....trying to spread the virus at a faster rate than we can vaccinate. :eek:

My fear is it will mutate to start killing younger people and children, because we are only vaccinating the old and sick right now, while the younger are not being vaccinated yet ....so the sneaky evil virus may see them as easy prey?

Gosh, that sounds so bonkers...!!!! But I've learned one thing for sure about viruses like this one.... don't underestimate it!

This wave and peak came from not social distancing during the holidays....it killed an additional 100,000 people.... in about just one month....

Then the American people started to social distance, wearing masks, and no super spreader rallies or other events AND people started getting the vaccine which has brought us down from that peak....

But not enough vaccinations have taken place to protect us completely....only slightly.

There are some super spreader events that have taken place after the New Year Holiday...the Trump rally and coup attempt on Jan 6th was massive, they went home to a gazillion different State, infected their families and coworkers who then infected others...and those others infected others etc etc....

But that could have already already been included in this last surge of sickness and deaths....let's hope it was....

So next is the Super Bowl super spreader event, again affecting every state from parties and the Tampa Bay street celebrations in Ybor City and everywhere in the city and state....

And this past President Day long weekend, people traveled to other States on vacations and visiting families and friends.

Vaccines and those who carry antibodies from previous infection have to be affecting a slower infection spread, but there still was 100,000 deaths the past 4 weeks, which is a HUGE amount of deaths...might be the WORST we have had, the past year since the virus showed up!!

The virus knows we are vaccinating people...and it will try its hardest to outsmart us....and outrun us, by creating variations that are more infectious and more deadly....trying to spread the virus at a faster rate than we can vaccinate. :eek:

My fear is it will mutate to start killing younger people and children, because we are only vaccinating the old and sick right now, while the younger are not being vaccinated yet ....so the sneaky evil virus may see them as easy prey?

Gosh, that sounds so bonkers...!!!! But I've learned one thing for sure about viruses like this one.... don't underestimate it!
Good post. Nothing major to disagree with, surprising?!
1. The Superbowl effect has long past, and thankfully no spikes!
2. One doctor said that he expected the virus to get less deadly, since killing your host is is dumb idea, but then we got the new deadlier strains, so that doctor was being too optimistic, and that lends credence to your pessimism.
3. Young people and kids have very strong immune systems. if they start getting sick, we're all toast.
4. Agree that its better to pound the virus down ASAP before it gets "smart" and beats the vaccine, that would be very bad.
4. I'm still optimistic in spite of the Fed and State governments handling the vaccines. These curves look good to me, hope they keep dropping.
1613698059874.png

2. One doctor said that he expected the virus to get less deadly, since killing your host is is dumb idea, but then we got the new deadlier strains, so that doctor was being too optimistic, and that lends credence to your pessimism.
3. Young people and kids have very strong immune systems. if they start getting sick, we're all toast.
4. Agree that its better to pound the virus down ASAP before it gets "smart" and beats the vaccine, that would be very bad.
4. I'm still optimistic in spite of the Fed and State governments handling the vaccines. These curves look good to me, hope they keep dropping.
View attachment 458881
I wish I could be optimistic.... but I'm in my protection from being hurt or disappointed mode.... I was optimistic so many times when death rates were on the downside of a big wave of deaths, only to see another wave in deaths even higher on the next peaks, and again happy when we got the vaccine only to see states not innoculating fast enough, to vaccines in short supply, and now these damn variants spreading.... :(

The other day I was reading that younger adults are the ones spreading the virus, primarily not older folks...

We've chosen to inoculate our elderly and healthcare first etc....nursing homes are critical due to confinement spread...

But I am wondering if it just should be open for any age to get one at this point... the younger ones are the initial superspreaders....then it reaches grandpa, who dies.... if we could knock the kiddos out from spreading the virus, that would be beneficial too???

I suppose 2 to 5 years from now a Post Mortem of our successes and failures on how to handle a pandemic like this is in order, so we can learn from it.

Pfizer is 92% effective after 2 weeks of the first shot, why do they give a second shot that only increases efficiency to 95%?

Would we not be better off with double the vaccinations at 92% rather than half the vaccinations at 95%?

The new vaccines, developed, tested, manufactured, distributed, and jabbed in arms in record time look to be working.
T**** didn't do it. The researchers and scientists did. Let's give the former president credit for getting it distributed as quickly as possible to the states once it was available, but he wasn't responsible for how quickly it was developed. Pfizer and Moderna were.

Pfizer is 92% effective after 2 weeks of the first shot, why do they give a second shot that only increases efficiency to 95%?

Would we not be better off with double the vaccinations at 92% rather than half the vaccinations at 95%?
AFAIK, because we do not have enough data to tell us weather or not this confers any kind of immunity long term. 92% effective is meaningless if it is only effective for 4 months.

They are looking at single shots and my guess is that it will go to one shot if it proves to be a viable strategy. Of course, the CDC seems to move at a snails pace so that is another casideration where people are killed daily.

Pfizer had the vaccine in February of 2020 because they received information from China to know it's protein strains an upside from previous research with SARs. Pfizer was not part of Operation Warp Speed. They didn't use USA funds to develop the vaccine.
They were STILL part of it, you lying tallywhacker
OWS was about way more than $$
You idiots would know that if you could actually read.

T**** didn't do it. The researchers and scientists did. Let's give the former president credit for getting it distributed as quickly as possible to the states once it was available, but he wasn't responsible for how quickly it was developed. Pfizer and Moderna were.
The govt did have some responsibility for the speed of it. The laxed regulations, gave funding etc

View attachment 458881
I wish I could be optimistic.... but I'm in my protection from being hurt or disappointed mode.... I was optimistic so many times when death rates were on the downside of a big wave of deaths, only to see another wave in deaths even higher on the next peaks, and again happy when we got the vaccine only to see states not innoculating fast enough, to vaccines in short supply, and now these damn variants spreading.... :(

The other day I was reading that younger adults are the ones spreading the virus, primarily not older folks...

We've chosen to inoculate our elderly and healthcare first etc....nursing homes are critical due to confinement spread...

But I am wondering if it just should be open for any age to get one at this point... the younger ones are the initial superspreaders....then it reaches grandpa, who dies.... if we could knock the kiddos out from spreading the virus, that would be beneficial too???

I suppose 2 to 5 years from now a Post Mortem of our successes and failures on how to handle a pandemic like this is in order, so we can learn from it.
Because the statistics tell you that elderly need it right now:

The death rates spikes insanely fast as you get older.

Denying President Trump had any part in it reeks of 'sour grapes' and demonstrates a desire based on 'hate' to deny Trump any credit. Biden and Harris both lied their asses off in an attempt to get credit for something they had ZERO part in - development and the distribution of the vaccine:

'We had to start over from Scratch.'
- VP Kamala Harris

1613741631341.png

'There were no vaccines before I entered office.'
- Pres Joe Biden

1613741771904.png

Democrats delared there wsas NO WAY to get a vaccine out before the end of the year, 2020.

Joe Biden got his vaccine on 21 December, 2020.

The 1st thing out of Biden's mouth should have been, "I / WE were WRONG. Good job' ... NOT the LIE, 'There were no vaccines before I entered office.'

'Nuff Said.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back