Who got the US out of the pandemic? (Poll)

Which admin got the US past the Covid-19 pandemic?

• The Trump administration by expediting vaccine development

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • The Biden administration by not being the Trump administration

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
If you look at the latest pandemic numbers it's clear.
The new vaccines, developed, tested, manufactured, distributed, and jabbed in arms in record time look to be working.
At the start of the pandemic Dr Fauci said that developing a new vaccine in (18) months would be a medical miracle.
Then add on 6-months to build manufacturing facilities and make the vaccines, or about (24) months as the earliest time possible to distribute a vaccine. even if one could be found.
The Trump admin got it done in 9-months, saving hundreds of thousands of live, you're welcome.

View attachment 457845

View attachment 457846
This rate will jump up when the JNJ "1-shot" vaccine gets approved
In WA, Emperor Jay Inslee is telling us common folk that the numbers we are seeing are from two to three weeks ago, so we haven't even seen what China Joe's policies have wreaked. We can rest assured that they will reek, though.

The new vaccines, developed, tested, manufactured, distributed, and jabbed in arms in record time look to be working.
Any other president would have had a vaccine much faster!!!!
Even a third rate country like Russia produced a vaccine faster than Tramp!!!!
TDS is strong in this one. Trump lives in his head. A craniectomy is indicated.

At the start of the pandemic Dr Fauci said that developing a new vaccine in (18) months would be a medical miracle.
Then add on 6-months to build manufacturing facilities and make the vaccines, or about (24) months as the earliest time possible to distribute a vaccine. even if one could be found.
The Trump admin got it done in 9-months, saving hundreds of thousands of live, you're welcome.

View attachment 457845

View attachment 457846

There is a third option - too soon to tell, because you're not past the pandemic or anywhere close to it.

I also not that you haven't even mentioned the 500,000 people Trump needlessly killed while waiting for the vaccines to be finished, or that Trump completely botched the vaccine rollout, which didn't get going in any kinds of numbers until Trump left office, despite Trump's assurances that 20,000,000 would be shipped before year's end.

"look to be working"?

You need to check your eyes, because it ain't so. Only a small % of population got vaccinated already, it helps, but it doesn't really account for the drop in cases.

Timeline is pretty simple - people get togather en-mass around Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years, which caused the normal seasonal spike that is now relenting.

Last edited:
1. Your reason (not reasons) was that NYC shutdown again. I dismissed that since NYC is a very small percentage of the US population.
2. "Bullshit tap-dancing" is exactly what you are doing, like a kid coming up with excuses for not having his homework done.
3. Yes we have vaccinated enough people, as I said, the most exposed medical and essential workers, as well as the most vulnerable, those over 65, obviously made a significant difference in the number of new cases and deaths.
4. The date for that table is today.
1. I clearly stated the reason was lockdowns, which you denied occurred and I provided an example. I specifically said it was an example. You know what an example is, don't you?

2. Nope. I'm providing rationale.

3. When someone says something "obviously" is the reason, that's often just laziness for making a case. Sometimes it's not laziness, it's just trying to avoid making a case they cannot make. 2% of the population was vaccinated on the day that cases peaked and started falling. That's just irrational to think that's the main reason for cases to fall.

4. Cases started dropping over a month ago. Data from today is not relevant to discerning why this occurred in early January.
1. You can't prove that "lockdowns" is the reason for the current drop in cases, because only a few states locked-down, and those states have the highest number of new cases, (NY & CA).
States like FL, that stayed open are not even in the top (15) of states by number of cases.
So your beautiful "theory" was just killed by an ugly little fact.
1613511741889.png

2. OK, and I just gave you an "F" for your answer.

3. You still don't get that the segments of the population most likely to get Covid were the ones that got vaccinated first. More than TWICE as many US people today are vaccinated than ever had the disease. At the peak you speak of (8Jan21), there were about 20m doses of vaccine given, which could easily explain the start of the drop in new cases, and as more and more people were vaccinated, the cases dropped more and more.
The 250,000 new case peak is only 0.0755% of the US population, compared to 2% being vaccinated. Yesterday there were 55,000 new cases and 17% of the population being vaccinated. Its the vaccine. You're welcome.

Attachments

• 1613512241598.png
    1613512241598.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 7

View attachment 457845

View attachment 457846

There is a third option - too soon to tell, because you're not past the pandemic or anywhere close to it.

I also not that you haven't even mentioned the 500,000 people Trump needlessly killed while waiting for the vaccines to be finished, or that Trump completely botched the vaccine rollout, which didn't get going in any kinds of numbers until Trump left office, despite Trump's assurances that 20,000,000 would be shipped before year's end.
Stop being so stupid. Prove what you say or STFU.
20m were shipped by the end of 2020. You're welcome.

"look to be working"?

You need to check your eyes, because it ain't so. Only a small % of population got vaccinated already, it helps, but it doesn't really account for the drop in cases.

Timeline is pretty simple - people get togather en-mass around Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years, which caused the normal seasonal spike that is now relenting.
Today about 17% of the US population is vaccinated. That 17% is the most likely to be exposed or be the most vulnerable. So IMHO it is the vaccine. If it was the holidays the drop would have been much slower, like the prior peaks in the summer. This time the peak is falling off a cliff:
Here is the John's Hopkins "new cases" graph, that agrees with the one in the OP.
1613513219139.png
From 300,000 to 55,00 in a month and a half.

1. Your reason (not reasons) was that NYC shutdown again. I dismissed that since NYC is a very small percentage of the US population.
2. "Bullshit tap-dancing" is exactly what you are doing, like a kid coming up with excuses for not having his homework done.
3. Yes we have vaccinated enough people, as I said, the most exposed medical and essential workers, as well as the most vulnerable, those over 65, obviously made a significant difference in the number of new cases and deaths.
1. I clearly stated the reason was lockdowns, which you denied occurred and I provided an example. I specifically said it was an example. You know what an example is, don't you?

3. When someone says something "obviously" is the reason, that's often just laziness for making a case. Sometimes it's not laziness, it's just trying to avoid making a case they cannot make. 2% of the population was vaccinated on the day that cases peaked and started falling. That's just irrational to think that's the main reason for cases to fall.

4. Cases started dropping over a month ago. Data from today is not relevant to discerning why this occurred in early January.
1. You can't prove that "lockdowns" is the reason for the current drop in cases, because only a few states locked-down, and those states have the highest number of new cases, (NY & CA).
States like FL, that stayed open are not even in the top (15) of states by number of cases.
View attachment 458016

3. You still don't get that the segments of the population most likely to get Covid were the ones that got vaccinated first. More than TWICE as many US people today are vaccinated than ever had the disease. At the peak you speak of (8Jan21), there were about 20m doses of vaccine given, which could easily explain the start of the drop in new cases, and as more and more people were vaccinated, the cases dropped more and more.
The 250,000 new case peak is only 0.0755% of the US population, compared to 2% being vaccinated. Yesterday there were 55,000 new cases and 17% of the population being vaccinated. Its the vaccine. You're welcome.
Not sure where you got that only a "few states" locked down. It was a lot more than NY and CA. You also have to think more broadly, apart from lockdowns, but basic human behavior. Lockdowns are effective via social distancing so you have to ask what people did as well. Did the gather less? Les travel?

Vaccinating 2% of the population leaves 98% unvaccinated. It's a drop in the bucket. Institutionalized people and health care workers were vaccinated first for different reasons. Health care workers to prevent spread to other patients and institutionalized who were most at risk for severe cases and death. Cases couldn't have fallen the way they did if it was just these people. It's just not possible since most of the cases came from community spread among people outside these groups. To get the case reduction that we saw, it means that the virus was circulating less in the community and you don't get that by immunizing 2% of the population.

View attachment 458016

Not sure where you got that only a "few states" locked down. It was a lot more than NY and CA. You also have to think more broadly, apart from lockdowns, but basic human behavior. Lockdowns are effective via social distancing so you have to ask what people did as well. Did the gather less? Les travel?

Vaccinating 2% of the population leaves 98% unvaccinated. It's a drop in the bucket. Institutionalized people and health care workers were vaccinated first for different reasons. Health care workers to prevent spread to other patients and institutionalized who were most at risk for severe cases and death. Cases couldn't have fallen the way they did if it was just these people. It's just not possible since most of the cases came from community spread among people outside these groups. To get the case reduction that we saw, it means that the virus was circulating less in the community and you don't get that by immunizing 2% of the population.
1. You ignored the FACT that FL, which did not lock down, had fewer cases per 100,000 than states that did lock-down. So you're batting exactly zero for reasons other than vaccinations, that could have precipitated the steep drop in cases. If more states locked down that's their mistake.

2. You're tap-dancing longer and longer, but you still didn't put up any concrete reason for the drop in cases other than the vaccines. You don't know where "most of the cases" came from, which segments. We know its not kids, they have good immune systems. Then we know that the elderly have compromised immune systems, so they got vaccinated first. Then we know that people with co-morbidities also got vaccinated first. We know that 99% of deaths are from those over 65.
If the most susceptable get vaccinated you get the big drop that we're seeing. No other reason makes sense.

View attachment 458016

1. You ignored the FACT that FL, which did not lock down, had fewer cases per 100,000 than states that did lock-down. So you're batting exactly zero for reasons other than vaccinations, that could have precipitated the steep drop in cases. If more states locked down that's their mistake.

2. You're tap-dancing longer and longer, but you still didn't put up any concrete reason for the drop in cases other than the vaccines. You don't know where "most of the cases" came from, which segments. We know its not kids, they have good immune systems. Then we know that the elderly have compromised immune systems, so they got vaccinated first. Then we know that people with co-morbidities also got vaccinated first. We know that 99% of deaths are from those over 65.
If the most susceptable get vaccinated you get the big drop that we're seeing. No other reason makes sense.
You can’t use cumulative data to support conclusions about recent changes. It makes no sense. Human behavior changes and that results in fewer infections. Not a sliver of the population being vaccinated.

It’s irrational to think the majority of new cases come from nursing home patients and healthcare providers which is what you want us to believe. You’re confusing deaths with cases. Almost anyone can get it and the vast majority won’t die. Case loads are falling dramatically and you can’t explain that by pointing at nursing home patients being vaccines.

Epidemiologists agree.

View attachment 457845

View attachment 457846
We aren't out.
True, we aren't out of it yet, and I hope to hell there isn't a problem mutation that is immune from the vaccines.
My point in the OP is that the Trump admin expedited the vaccines in record time, and deserves credit.
IMHO its a bit of good news after a crappy year.
I also wanted to mention the JNJ 1-shot vaccine should be approved any day now.
So the vaccine jab rate should nearly double.
To it's credit, the tRump administration did provide a large cash influx that allowed the companies doing the research to run trials concurrently with ramping up production.

"look to be working"?

Today about 17% of the US population is vaccinated. That 17% is the most likely to be exposed or be the most vulnerable. So IMHO it is the vaccine.

Thats just not so, only 4% actually got the full vaccination course by TODAY.

Of course people who are hospitalized or died today got infected weeks ago, not today.

"look to be working"?

Today about 17% of the US population is vaccinated. That 17% is the most likely to be exposed or be the most vulnerable. So IMHO it is the vaccine.

Of course people who are hospitalized or died today got infected weeks ago, not today.
True 4.5% got two doses of the vaccine for 93% effectiveness.
But, 12% got at least one dose, I call that "vaccinated".
in a pandemic, any protection is a good thing.

1613522018048.png

1. You ignored the FACT that FL, which did not lock down, had fewer cases per 100,000 than states that did lock-down.

That's a bunch of BS as anyone can see in FL statistics vs NYC after initial pre-shutdown spike.

"look to be working"?

View attachment 458083

We are not discussing "good things" per se, we are discussing vaccine being or not the driving factor behind falling hospitalizations and deaths and the answer is no, people in the hospital now got infected weeks ago.

Last edited:
Newsflash...we ain't "out of it" yet.
That's true. But our country has been put on the road to recovery, all by the actions of Donald J. Trump. Biden inherited a great set of circumstances, thanks to Trump, but he hasn't done anything on his own yet. Biden, Newsome and Cuomo are good at finger pointing and excuse making but that's about it.

1. You ignored the FACT that FL, which did not lock down, had fewer cases per 100,000 than states that did lock-down.

That's a bunch of BS as anyone can see in FL statistics vs NYC after initial pre-shutdown spike.

"look to be working"?

View attachment 458083

We are not discussing "good things" per se, we are discussing vaccine being or not the driving factor behind falling hospitalizations and deaths and the answer is no, people in the hospital now got infected weeks ago.
Looking at the daily numbers, the graphs will all keep falling this week as even more and more people get vaccinated.
The only "proof" I have is the shape of the curves and the rates of drop-off from the peaks.
The first two small peaks had very slow drop offs.
The current high peak is dropping like a rock. Here are today's graphs, and Fridays will all be lower, the "deaths" will be much lower.
1613564347381.png

View attachment 458016

You can’t use cumulative data to support conclusions about recent changes. It makes no sense. Human behavior changes and that results in fewer infections. Not a sliver of the population being vaccinated.

It’s irrational to think the majority of new cases come from nursing home patients and healthcare providers which is what you want us to believe. You’re confusing deaths with cases. Almost anyone can get it and the vast majority won’t die. Case loads are falling dramatically and you can’t explain that by pointing at nursing home patients being vaccines.

Epidemiologists agree.
That article is the primary reason I put the OP up.
Of course Epidemiologists want us to keep wearing masks until herd immunity is reached.
"Its not the vaccines, its that the holiday travel season is over." I call bullshit.

I agree that the pandemic is not over, and that we don't have herd immunity yet.
However, my point is that the vaccines are helping reduce the number of new cases and deaths much faster than if the vaccines were not developed yet. My proof is the rate of coming off of the peak. If cases keep dropping, even slower than now, that is a very positive sign that the vaccines are working.
1613565376888.png

My proof is the rate of coming off of the peak
That’s not proof. Correlation =/= causation.

Yes, your statement that vaccines are helping is true. The problem is there is no scientific case that this was contributing any more than a minuscule amount in January given the percentage of people who were vaccinated was minuscule.

"look to be working"?

View attachment 458083

Looking at the daily numbers, the graphs will all keep falling this week as even more and more people get vaccinated.
The only "proof" I have is the shape of the curves and the rates of drop-off from the peaks.
The first two small peaks had very slow drop offs.
The current high peak is dropping like a rock. Here are today's graphs, and Fridays will all be lower, the "deaths" will be much lower.
View attachment 458187

...if a peak is proof of vaccine action then the Vaccine must've come out at the end of the summer, when the second pandemic peak declined.

Forum List

Back