Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?

It's not a matter of thinking I know more than you--that I do is obvious.

Narcissistic any? Your ability to blow your own ego is unmatched, that much is true...

In the last post you said "Austin is Texas" in a desperate attempt to prop up the rest of the cesspool that is Texas....now you're running down Austin. Not sure what your point is but I'm sure someone in California designed a hat to cover it.

I know it's hard for you to accept that Texas is so popular, it's inline with the other things in life you're in denial about...

It's not for the weak and timid...

Said nobody ever

More denial...

Cincy calls itself the Chili Capital of the World.
Detroit does the same for automobiles
Houston called itself the medical capital of the world while I lived there...

Are you silly enough to think these are official designations?

I understand facts have been a difficult reality in life for you, ACL has crowds in excess of 450,000, SXSW attendance is in excess of 85,000...

The Texas Medical Center is by far one of the finest in the world, first class Cancer Care at the UT MD Anderson Health Care Center is second to none...

Hey, stick to the west coast, great place to visit, high cost of living, covered up with knuckleheads like yourself...

Oh brother....

Home Page | Bonnaroo 2016

About twice the size

Hell, Burning Man in Blackrock City dwarfs South by Southworst.

Math is not one of your stronger subjects, see above...

Did you get your heart broken by a Dallas Debutante?

It's okay...

You'll get over it someday...

You give the world a superiority complex...keep up the good work.

California is a far better place than Texas in every measurable way; industry, arts, standard of living, beauty, open spaces (worth visiting). Its good to see that Texas is still around though and churning out bumpkins by the busload; the world needs ditch diggers too.

Back to the original subject...

Six digit income earners have now left the city by the bay...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/san-francisco-tech-firms-see-workers-flee-dollar4500-rents/ar-BBrnfoV?li=BBnbfcL

Nice article. Details how the rich in SF are treating places like Austin like they used to treat Bombay…outsourcing the light work to places where labor is cheaper and environmental regulations are lax. When the plant eventually blows up, they’ll just move on to the next “technology capital of the south” outside of Baton Rouge, or Tuscaloosa No problem.

Yes, you claimed Burning Man, which by the way is held in Nevada not California, was a larger event by your math than SXSW, that is not the fact, so yes deflect. ACL has crowds in excess of 450,000, again your math is less than sub par, hence the deflect label...

You say Texas is great, I say it sucks. We both know it does.

Texas is great, again the FACTS make it clear, I love the climate of Southern California, but the plastic and phony side is why I moved back to Texas...

36 state and local agencies regulate all of the off shore platforms in California state waters, that doesn't include the Feds, 36 is ridiculous...

I'll never forget when I pulled off of the coast highway one day into a marina and there was a pump jack covered by cyclone fencing with slates and pampas grass. Hell it cost a fortune just to live in a trailer park, they try to hide them. There is a point when stupid overtakes common sense on regulations, Cali has that market cornered...

Your governor thinks the state was about to be invaded and tweeted as much to the general public….not in some memo to the State Police expressing a concern; not in some letter to the FBI expressing apprehension….just out to nobody in particular.

Yeah Governor Moonbeam is so smart...

upload_2016-4-5_19-41-3.png

LA kicks Austin’s ass up one side of Sixth Street and down the Other.

Let's see Austin has a lower crime rate, better economics and a much better cost of living, sure let's pick LA? NOT!!

Nice article. Details how the rich in SF are treating places like Austin like they used to treat Bombay…outsourcing the light work to places where labor is cheaper and environmental regulations are lax. When the plant eventually blows up, they’ll just move on to the next “technology capital of the south” outside of Baton Rouge, or Tuscaloosa No problem.

Just a few quotes from the article...

We see re-locations out of San Francisco increasingly,” said Mehul Patel, CEO at Hired Inc., a San Francisco startup that connects job seekers to employers. “If you actually factor in cost of living, there are much better places to live.”

“They’ve become tech hubs in their own right in a way that they weren’t three to five years ago,” he said. “It’s a lower cost of living, high quality of life and a great tech ecosystem there.”

Technology-job postings for San Francisco and Silicon Valley listed on Dice.com declined 6 percent in the year ended in March, said Dice.com president Bob Melk. They’ve increased 38 percent in Seattle, 12 percent in Austin and 6 percent in Phoenix.

It's called common sense, something you know nothing about...

For a dude who lives in a dingy trailer, you sure do come off as an arrogant prick.

Someone who earns $15 per hour in SF can have a little dignity and maybe not need any public assistance. Douche.

You clearly have no concept on cost of living....yet you people show your color and insecurity when you have to resort to name calling.

So the liberals agree in this thread it is better to live in a 8 square foot dog kennel for $400 a month then 1000 square foot home with a yard?

Check...........

I'm sure those prices were cherry picked. Did you notice one was for a specific city, and one was for a whole state?

Median income in California for 1 earner: $48,415

Median income for family of 3 in California: $63,030

California family of 4: $67,401

California family of 5: $75,656

Median income in South Carolina for 1 earner: $39,238

Family of 3: $50,548

Family of 4: $53,532

Family of 5: $61,388

U.S. Trustee Program/Dept. of Justice

California would love to paying for their fuel at South Carolina prices. Gross means nothing vs. take home as a percentage to total cost of living. Plus, people are flocking to SC and leaving CA due to an increasing regulatory and taxing environment.

Yes, you claimed Burning Man, which by the way is held in Nevada not California, was a larger event by your math than SXSW, that is not the fact, so yes deflect. ACL has crowds in excess of 450,000, again your math is less than sub par, hence the deflect label...
Never made any such claim except to say that the two-week festival in Nevada superior to any pre-manufactured "buzz" Austin supposedly has. But then again, they f'd up Burning Man too. The point was a desert festival in the middle of nowhere Nevada, throttles events in Austin. Regularly.

If you want to compare California events..Coachella is fantastic. A weekend of NFL football destroys any events in Austin (oh yeah, there are no major sports in Austin....he he he... so I guess it's not fair to compare big cities in California to little towns in Texas.

But then again, it's Austin. What else will people do there except watch grass grow. California has tons of things to offer all people from atheltics to culture to culinary choices to wineries to picture post-card views everywhere.

You say Texas is great, I say it sucks. We both know it does.

Texas is great, again the FACTS make it clear, I love the climate of Southern California, but the plastic and phony side is why I moved back to Texas...

36 state and local agencies regulate all of the off shore platforms in California state waters, that doesn't include the Feds, 36 is ridiculous...

I'll never forget when I pulled off of the coast highway one day into a marina and there was a pump jack covered by cyclone fencing with slates and pampas grass. Hell it cost a fortune just to live in a trailer park, they try to hide them. There is a point when stupid overtakes common sense on regulations, Cali has that market cornered...

I wonder if those people who were murdered by Ted Cruz's Blue Bell Ice Cream thought Texas was under-regulated....

Your governor thinks the state was about to be invaded and tweeted as much to the general public….not in some memo to the State Police expressing a concern; not in some letter to the FBI expressing apprehension….just out to nobody in particular.

Yeah Governor Moonbeam is so smart...

View attachment 70395
Yeah...and?

LA kicks Austin’s ass up one side of Sixth Street and down the Other.

Let's see Austin has a lower crime rate, better economics and a much better cost of living, sure let's pick LA? NOT!!

Someday Austin may get a minor league hockey team....come back when they do.

Just a few quotes from the article...

We see re-locations out of San Francisco increasingly,” said Mehul Patel, CEO at Hired Inc., a San Francisco startup that connects job seekers to employers. “If you actually factor in cost of living, there are much better places to live.”

“They’ve become tech hubs in their own right in a way that they weren’t three to five years ago,” he said. “It’s a lower cost of living, high quality of life and a great tech ecosystem there.”

Technology-job postings for San Francisco and Silicon Valley listed on Dice.com declined 6 percent in the year ended in March, said Dice.com president Bob Melk. They’ve increased 38 percent in Seattle, 12 percent in Austin and 6 percent in Phoenix.

It's called common sense, something you know nothing about...

Yeah, SF is treating Austin like it's prison bitch.

If you want to compare California events..Coachella is fantastic. A weekend of NFL football destroys any events in Austin (oh yeah, there are no major sports in Austin....he he he... so I guess it's not fair to compare big cities in California to little towns in Texas.

Grow up, Austin is larger than SF, there are 8 major league sports franchises in Texas, Austin has the Longhorns, Spurs, Stars & Rangers minor league teams...

LA can't keep an NFL team...

But then again, it's Austin. What else will people do there except watch grass grow. California has tons of things to offer all people from atheltics to culture to culinary choices to wineries to picture post-card views everywhere.

Keep making my point, you of the limited education. There are tons of outdoor, water, culinary, wineries in Texas...

I wonder if those people who were murdered by Ted Cruz's Blue Bell Ice Cream thought Texas was under-regulated....

The plant was in Oklahoma...

Yeah...and?

He is a moron, always has been, he couldn't get elected dog catcher outside of California...

See above, more proof you have no clue...

Do you just regurgitate the same old stuff all of the time?

Grow up, Austin is larger than SF, there are 8 major league sports franchises in Texas, Austin has the Longhorns, Spurs, Stars & Rangers minor league teams...

LA can't keep an NFL team...
Austin has none of that and UT hasn't mattered in about a decade in any sport.

Fact.

Have they made it to a bowl game lately??? Nobody has missed them.

LA has too many activities for people to sit through a 3-4 hour NFL game but it allowed the NFL back in under it's own terms finally after St. Louis proved it was another Austin...not ready for prime time.

Keep making my point, you of the limited education. There are tons of outdoor, water, culinary, wineries in Texas...
Food trucks are what Austin is famous for...its also what you get when a place is trying to outrun the cockroaches.

The plant was in Oklahoma...
Bluebell is in Oklahoma. Sorry. Withdrawn. You've seen one red state, you've seen them all.

Yeah...and?

He is a moron, always has been, he couldn't get elected dog catcher outside of California...
Has the black choppers stopped circling yet?

See above, more proof you have no clue...

Do you just regurgitate the same old stuff all of the time?

So they have no minor league hockey team? As for the "same old stuff"...you've mentioned "lower cost of living" like 800 times. The costs of not living are much higher than the cost of living. But as I've pointed out, Texas education is giving us plenty of ditch diggers....the world needs them too.

All are in Austin...

upload_2016-4-5_22-12-35.png
upload_2016-4-5_22-12-52.png
upload_2016-4-5_22-13-8.png

Food trucks are what Austin is famous for...its also what you get when a place is trying to outrun the cockroaches.

There are tons of fine dining restaurants in Austin and I have eaten in both states, California is way down the list when it comes to good cooking...

The seafood in California can be described one way, bland...

Bluebell is in Oklahoma.

Blue Bell Creameries are in and from Brenham Texas, the plant with listeria was in Oklahoma and regulations had nothing to do with it...

So they have no minor league hockey team?

See above AGAIN, the Texas Stars and the Austin Spurs play in the same arena...

How many times are you going to eat crow before you admit you're a "punk prison bitch"?

Yeah, SF is treating Austin like it's prison bitch.

The subject of this thread is beyond your grasp or comprehension...

The only prison bitch is you, does the word "punk" still make you flinch when you enter the shower?

San Francisco is outsourcing the light work to the lesser areas and exploiting the non intellegent labor base in teh backwater of the nation. The same way Boeing did to South Carolina

All are in Austin...

View attachment 70401View attachment 70402View attachment 70403
Round Rock Express??? Thanks for the chuckle...

There are tons of fine dining restaurants in Austin and I have eaten in both states, California is way down the list when it comes to good cooking...

The seafood in California can be described one way, bland...
Some Restaurants located in California charge for a meal what you make in a week

Bluebell is in Oklahoma.

Blue Bell Creameries are in and from Brenham Texas, the plant with listeria was in Oklahoma and regulations had nothing to do with it...
For once, you're correct.

It wasn't regulations but the lack that buried their customers.

So they have no minor league hockey team?

See above AGAIN, the Texas Stars and the Austin Spurs play in the same arena...

And the place is so dead during the events, the juke box in the mezzanine plays TAPS.

Seriously...what sports do they play; bless their heart.

I remember driving down the 101 one day listening to KFOG. They were having a give-away for a trip to South Carolina. The first prize was a week in Charleston. Second prize was a whole week.

San Francisco is outsourcing the light work to the lesser areas and exploiting the non intellegent labor base in teh backwater of the nation. The same way Boeing did to South Carolina

Your insecurities are so obvious, have you always been this bad or did it just happen all of a sudden? You can get help before it's too late...

Your insecurities are so obvious, have you always been this bad or did it just happen all of a sudden? You can get help before it's too late...

I understand the sensitive nature of being like a 2nd class loser is damaging to those with fragile egos. Oh well….hang in there Slingblade; you’ll overcome (not really but its positive to hear; right?).

I saw today where SF made it mandatory for 6 weeks full paid leave for new parents. Awesome news for the residents of the Bay Area.

I understand the sensitive nature of being like a 2nd class loser is damaging to those with fragile egos. Oh well….hang in there Slingblade; you’ll overcome (not really but its positive to hear; right?).

I saw today where SF made it mandatory for 6 weeks full paid leave for new parents. Awesome news for the residents of the Bay Area.
Yet another thread filled with conservative dullards frightened by change and pragmatism; rightists adhering blindly to their failed, wrongheaded conservative fiscal dogma – frightened to try anything new, frightened to experiment, frightened by dissent and those who reject that failed, wrongheaded conservative fiscal dogma.

You should understand it since you live it, I'll be more than happy to compare my accommodations any day of the week...

Elitist continue to grow further and further from the average American, you wonder why Trump gets traction...

S.F. passes law requiring 6 weeks’ paid baby-bonding leave

The Liberal wackos of the Bay Area strike again, it's like they never studied history or they forgot we left the archaic government control of Europe...

Forum List

Back