Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?

Yet another thread filled with conservative dullards frightened by change and pragmatism; rightists adhering blindly to their failed, wrongheaded conservative fiscal dogma – frightened to try anything new, frightened to experiment, frightened by dissent and those who reject that failed, wrongheaded conservative fiscal dogma.

If they don't agree with you it's dogma? It's the world according to C_Clayton_Jones...

I understand the sensitive nature of being like a 2nd class loser is damaging to those with fragile egos. Oh well….hang in there Slingblade; you’ll overcome (not really but its positive to hear; right?).

You should understand it since you live it, I'll be more than happy to compare my accommodations any day of the week

Accommodations? I
m sure a lot of people have had to make accommodations for losers like yourself.

I saw today where SF made it mandatory for 6 weeks full paid leave for new parents. Awesome news for the residents of the Bay Area.

Elitist continue to grow further and further from the average American, you wonder why Trump gets traction...

S.F. passes law requiring 6 weeks’ paid baby-bonding leave

The Liberal wackos of the Bay Area strike again, it's like they never studied history or they forgot we left the archaic government control of Europe...

It’s hilarious how you try to continue to state that this isn’t a significant quality of life improvement. I’m sure in Texas you have to get back to work at the fertilizer plant or painting stripes on dirt roads or something as soon as the lady squirts out another kid. SF actually wants you to have a nice life so they allow you to support the mother by being there for her and the child. But then again, if that happens, perhaps the kid won’t grow up to be a paranoid governor like Greg Abott.

"Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?"

The answer to that question is strictly a matter of opinion.

I would not want to live in either place, for different reasons.

San Francisco has horrible traffic and the cost of living is too high. I HATE traffic. Plus, it will probably fall into the ocean one of these days.

South Carolina has their social attitudes stuck in the 1920s. I HATE bigots. Plus, it's way too humid there.

San Francisco is outsourcing the light work to the lesser areas and exploiting the non intellegent labor base in teh backwater of the nation. The same way Boeing did to South Carolina

Your insecurities are so obvious, have you always been this bad or did it just happen all of a sudden? You can get help before it's too late...

I understand the sensitive nature of being like a 2nd class loser is damaging to those with fragile egos. Oh well….hang in there Slingblade; you’ll overcome (not really but its positive to hear; right?).

I saw today where SF made it mandatory for 6 weeks full paid leave for new parents. Awesome news for the residents of the Bay Area.
Yet another thread filled with conservative dullards frightened by change and pragmatism; rightists adhering blindly to their failed, wrongheaded conservative fiscal dogma – frightened to try anything new, frightened to experiment, frightened by dissent and those who reject that failed, wrongheaded conservative fiscal dogma.

I understand trying to prop up your home town but comparing Texas to California is like comparing Key West to Hawaii. Hawaii is simply better. Yes…it is cheaper to live in Key West the same way it is cheaper to live in a Texas swamp than a California palace….

When price is your only factor due to your poor vocational choices or simple fate, that’s cool. Just stop kidding yourself about it.

"Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?"

Strictly a matter of opinion. I would not want to live in either place, for different reasons.

San Francisco has horrible traffic and the cost of living is too high. I HATE traffic.

South Carolina has their social attitudes stuck in the 1920s. I HATE bigots. Plus, it's way too humid there.

SF Traffic is incredibly tedious. No argument from me there.

Round Rock Express??? Thanks for the chuckle...

It's staggering how uninformed you are and yet you continue to show how little you really know...

Some Restaurants located in California charge for a meal what you make in a week

Name one restaurant anywhere that charges $5K for a meal, just one...

Hyperbole… Give it some thought. PS: You don’t make anywhere near 5K in a week.

The answer to that question is strictly a matter of opinion.

I would not want to live in either place, for different reasons.

San Francisco has horrible traffic and the cost of living is too high. I HATE traffic. Plus, it will probably fall into the ocean one of these days.

You are dead wrong about South Carolina North of Columbia , what they call upstate.

It was more racists and segerated up in Chicago when I lived there, I never even seen a black person till junior high.

Accommodations? Im sure a lot of people have had to make accommodations for losers like yourself.

English is really hard for you to understand, my abode, my home, really my castle, I'll compare any day, are you game?
It’s hilarious how you try to continue to state that this isn’t a significant quality of life improvement. I’m sure in Texas you have to get back to work at the fertilizer plant or painting stripes on dirt roads or something as soon as the lady squirts out another kid. SF actually wants you to have a nice life so they allow you to support the mother by being there for her and the child. But then again, if that happens, perhaps the kid won’t grow up to be a paranoid governor like Greg Abott.

It's cost of living, are you stupid or just in denial? If you only had a clue...

Last edited:
PS: You don’t make anywhere near 5K in a week.

$5K is the low number per week...

Like I said, name me one place anywhere a meal cost $5K...

I'll refrain from embarrassing you with the high number...

I have been blessed with a very good career...

Last edited:
I bought my home in the San Francisco bay area in 1990...I would never ever be able to afford it now , it is crazy how my area used to be a sleepy area which has been taken over by the silicon tech companies.

It gets too hot, and traffic is crazy..but this is my home.

BTW...$15.00 an hour = $2400.00 month...No one can live on that here, unless if you have 10 in a room.

It just gets funnier

How Google & Facebook Workers Can Cut Their Rent to Just $30 a Night
Money
Kerry Close 20 hours ago
If your six-figure salary as a tech employee still can’t cover your exorbitant Silicon Valley rent, don’t worry: One Bay area entrepreneur has a solution. For just $30 a night, you can rent a van and sleep in the company parking lot.

Through his site Go-Tell.net, Robert Allen, a 68-year-old retiree from of Daly City, is renting customized vans to anyone who can find a place to park one, SF Gate reported. The vehicles come equipped with a bed and kitchenette, and Allen will drive it to your parking spot at work. (Due to the cost of insurance, the price increases to $90 to $120 a day if you want to drive the van yourself.)

Though the primary customers reportedly are road-trippers, Allen posted an ad on CraigsList last week targeting Silicon Valley tech workers and specifically calling out Google employees.

“Eat Google food, use their gym, and sleep in the van (CHEAP),” the ad reads.

You couldn't pay me $15 dollars and hour to live in San Franfreako. that wouldn't even cover the high priced cost of living in some freak show. lol

beautiful but I wouldn't live there

Where would you want to live and rent for $400 bucks a month?

This:

images

Or this box for $400 bucks a month in someone's 1 bedroom apartment?

635950456092254633-12473806-10206516002323429-39923200845753346-o.jpg

Why it's not completely ridiculous to live in a $400 box in San Francisco

We started the search for a cat-friendly, one-bedroom apartment with the max price set to $2,500. It would be more than we spent in Washington, D.C., but split between the two of us, my boyfriend Brent and I could make that work. Zero results came up. We paid for an AirBnB for one full month to help us get settled and, ideally, not be forced into the first available apartment we found, so we took the next week to search online for apartments.

I could pay $1,400 for a private bedroom in a house with other roommates — but I’d have to leave Brent behind. I could live in the “PENTHOUSE DELUXX FULLY FURNISHED” scam that had a price tag of $99 a month. Or we could commute from San Jose. We gulped and bumped our search window up to $3,300. Finally, there were a number of options. I emailed all of them. Every single one. Photos or no photos. Regardless of neighborhood, distance from work or square footage, I emailed with my friendliest compliments about their “absolutely beautiful” properties...

Read more

Why it's not completely ridiculous to live in a $400 box in San Francisco

That's a deeply stupid question on your part.

It just gets funnier

Money
Kerry Close 20 hours ago
If your six-figure salary as a tech employee still can’t cover your exorbitant Silicon Valley rent, don’t worry: One Bay area entrepreneur has a solution. For just $30 a night, you can rent a van and sleep in the company parking lot.

Through his site Go-Tell.net, Robert Allen, a 68-year-old retiree from of Daly City, is renting customized vans to anyone who can find a place to park one, SF Gate reported. The vehicles come equipped with a bed and kitchenette, and Allen will drive it to your parking spot at work. (Due to the cost of insurance, the price increases to $90 to $120 a day if you want to drive the van yourself.)

Though the primary customers reportedly are road-trippers, Allen posted an ad on CraigsList last week targeting Silicon Valley tech workers and specifically calling out Google employees.

Googles white collar employees are making enough money to find a place to live. It's their blue collar workers that are in a bind and forced to endure long commutes from distant parts of the Bay Area where the cost of living is a little cheaper.

LA isn't much better.

You couldn't pay me $15 dollars and hour to live in San Franfreako. that wouldn't even cover the high priced cost of living in some freak show. lol

beautiful but I wouldn't live there

I don't know of any trailer parks in San Francisco, so you couldn't live there anyway.

According to this site's calculations, for a single person, the annual cost of living in metro South Carolina is 32,000 (rounded off)

the annual cost of living in San Francisco is 44,000.

Since $15 an hour is more than twice $7.25 an hour

and since 44K is much lower than twice 32K,

that would make SF @ $15/hour a better deal than South Carolina metro @ 7.25.

http://cost-of-living.careertrends.com/l/60/San-Francisco-CA-Metro-Area

Case closed?

According to this site's calculations, for a single person, the annual cost of living in metro South Carolina is 32,000 (rounded off)

the annual cost of living in San Francisco is 44,000.

Since $15 an hour is more than twice $7.25 an hour

and since 44K is much lower than twice 32K,

that would make SF @ $15/hour a better deal than South Carolina metro @ 7.25.

http://cost-of-living.careertrends.com/l/60/San-Francisco-CA-Metro-Area

Case closed?

You and that blog don't get out much.

Make $50,000 in Columbia sc.

Your Results
To maintain your standard of living, you need to earn:
$87,812 in San Francisco, CA

The cost of living is 76% higher in San Francisco, CA
Housing costs 303% more in San Francisco, CAhide details -
Sample housing costs Columbia, SC San Francisco, CA
Median 2-bedroom apartment rent $734 / month $3,051 / month
Median home price (3BR, 2BA) $269,120 $880,533
Monthly mortgage + interest $1,000 / month $3,198 / month
Transportation costs 14% more in San Francisco, CAhide details -
Sample transportation costs Columbia, SC San Francisco, CA
Gas (per gallon) $3.49 $4.07
Food costs 19% more in San Francisco, CAhide details -
Sample food costs Columbia, SC San Francisco, CA
Bread $1.48 $1.80
Dozen eggs $1.95 $3.39
Gallon of milk $2.40 $2.87
12-inch Pizza Hut pizza $8.00 $10.12
McDonalds Quarter-Pounder with cheese $3.79 $4.14

Cost of Living Calculator | Columbia, SC vs San Francisco, CA | NerdWallet - Personal Finance

It just gets funnier

Money
Kerry Close 20 hours ago

Googles white collar employees are making enough money to find a place to live. It's their blue collar workers that are in a bind and forced to endure long commutes from distant parts of the Bay Area where the cost of living is a little cheaper.

LA isn't much better.

Since when does Google and facebook have blue collar workers in the valley?

Read the story.

Forum List

Back