Who has helped blacks the most...Democrats or Republicans?

Who has helped blacks the most?

• Democrats

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Republicans

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Conservatives ranting about past Democrats being evil racists one day,

then demanding that we keep the statues honoring Confederate Democats like Robert E. Lee the next.
Democrats and other lunatics like to rant about that happened 150 years ago. Perhaps you should rant about how the Democrats opposed civil rights for blacks for decades until realizing the value of their votes.

You lie.
That fact has already been linked here more than once.

Do you think secession by the South was legal? Do you support it? Would you
have?
I don't know what I would have done in the 1860s.

SCOTUS has issued opinions that secession is not legal, but revolution is. I don't support secession, but I do support populations of states that want to secede being deprived of their citizenship, US Passports and being deported to the country of their choice...never to return.

I seriously doubt you will read anything other than the titles of these articles. This is based on your obvious reluctance to learn anything not taught by your idiotic liberal mentors.

If LBJ had the interests of the black communities in mind, he wouldn't have called them " n i g g e r s ".

FACT CHECK: Did LBJ Advocate: 'Convince the Lowest White Man He's Better Than the Best Colored Man'?
LBJ was a man of his time and that was a crude but common term. He was also a very shrewd politician and was almost certainly correct in what he said. He made the 1964 law possible, he didn't have to do it.

I lived through that time so I don't need anyone rewriting history for me. In the presidential campaign, Goldwater played down civil rights and played up state's rights. State's rights was code for segregation.
It is you that promotes the distortion of history. Goldwater integrated the Arizona National Guard. Goldwater desegregated his family's department stores. Goldwater supported the NAACP in Arizona, even took out a membership.

You are simply parroting what liberal asses have said.

Neocon Myths About Barry Goldwater - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

The Myth of the Racist Republicans

The Myth of Southern Exceptionalism

I seriously doubt you will read anything other than the titles of these articles. This is based on your obvious reluctance to learn anything not taught by your idiotic liberal mentors.

If LBJ had the interests of the black communities in mind, he wouldn't have called them " n i g g e r s ".

FACT CHECK: Did LBJ Advocate: 'Convince the Lowest White Man He's Better Than the Best Colored Man'?
LBJ was a man of his time and that was a crude but common term. He was also a very shrewd politician and was almost certainly correct in what he said. He made the 1964 law possible, he didn't have to do it.

I lived through that time so I don't need anyone rewriting history for me. In the presidential campaign, Goldwater played down civil rights and played up state's rights. State's rights was code for segregation.
It is you that promotes the distortion of history. Goldwater integrated the Arizona National Guard. Goldwater desegregated his family's department stores. Goldwater supported the NAACP in Arizona, even took out a membership.

Goldwater Sold out to the segregationists in order to get the nomination

Rockefeller wouldn’t

I'm parroting no one, I'm speaking from personal knowledge, I was there. I never said Goldwater was a racist but he was a politician and was willing to accept help from segregationists. He never openly denounced them and was an important factor in the changing of the GOP into the party of the Southern Dixiecrats.

Rockefeller wouldn’t
No. Brain dead liberals misinterpreted his use of the phrase "state's rights".

I'm parroting no one, I'm speaking from personal knowledge, I was there. I never said Goldwater was a racist but he was a politician and was willing to accept help from segregationists. He never openly denounced them and was an important factor in the changing of the GOP into the party of the Southern Dixiecrats.
Had he not denounced them he would not have integrated the Arizona National Guard, not desegregated his family's department stores, not joined the NAACP.

Your liberal stupidity is oozing out.

Last edited:

Rockefeller wouldn’t
No. Brain dead liberals misinterpreted his use of the phrase "state's rights".
Yea

States rights to invoke Jim Crow. That is why we have a strong federal government

You are urged to watch the video before voting.

You cannot change your vote.

Your vote will not be displayed publicly.

You may view the results without voting.

The poll will be open for 30 days.

would that be before or after the civil rights law, chiefy-poo when all the kkk and their buddies ran and became republicans.

How many of those racist KKK, Jim Crow, segregationist Democratic Party politicians became Republicans ?

Democrats, Republicans, doesn't matter.

The truth is, the people who have hurt blacks the most are Confederate Conservatives. These days, they call themselves Republican. In the past, they called themselves Democrat.

But they have always been Confederate Conservatives.

More delusional historical revisionism.

Rockefeller wouldn’t
No. Brain dead liberals misinterpreted his use of the phrase "states rights".
Yea

States rights to invoke Jim Crow. That is why we have a strong federal government
There is far more usefulness in states rights than to be able to invoke Jim Crow laws. Goldwater was not advocating Jim Crow. He was advocating states rights....just as our founders did when they included in the Constitution the rights of all states to make any laws they choose that are not specifically reserved for the federal government.

Jim Crow laws were for a time the right of all states to invoke. They were numerous until 1971 when they were essentially made illegal by federal laws, thanks in part to people like Rosa Parks.

Being an advocate of states rights is not and never was a blanket approval of all laws in all states and certainly not considered approval of Jim Crow laws except by people that want to condemn other people for correctly supporting the rights of states to make their own laws without being controlled by the federal government.

I am relatively certain you are unable to grasp this concept. Your logic here is like this:

Jim Crow laws were among those permitted by states rights.
Goldwater supported states rights.
Therefore: Goldwater supported Jim Crow laws.

If you do not recognize the fallacy of this logic, there is no convincing you of anything. You are just another stupid fucking liberal.

Rockefeller wouldn’t
Show me some links. I have learned not to take you word for anything other than the current weather....and I can easily verify your lies in that regard. Show me some evidence that you did not make up.

When he formed the Arizona Air National Guard, he made it INTEGRATED. He desegregated his family stores. He joined the NAACP.

This makes three times I have posted this. Can you refute any one of the statements I made...for the third fucking time?

When you try to do so, please post links to credible sources. I did.

Rockefeller wouldn’t
No. Brain dead liberals misinterpreted his use of the phrase "states rights".
Yea

There is far more usefulness in states rights than to be able to invoke Jim Crow laws. Goldwater was not advocating Jim Crow. He was advocating states rights....just as our founders did when they included in the Constitution the rights of all states to make any laws they choose that are not specifically reserved for the federal government.

Jim Crow laws were for a time the right of all states to invoke. They were numerous until 1971 when they were essentially made illegal by federal laws, thanks in part to people like Rosa Parks.

Being an advocate of states rights is not and never was a blanket approval of all laws in all states and certainly not considered approval of Jim Crow laws except by people that want to condemn other people for correctly supporting the rights of states to make their own laws without being controlled by the federal government.

I am relatively certain you are unable to grasp this concept. Your logic here is like this:

Jim Crow laws were among those permitted by states rights.
Goldwater supported states rights.
Therefore: Goldwater supported Jim Crow laws.

If you do not recognize the fallacy of this logic, there is no convincing you of anything. You are just another stupid fucking liberal.
You are dancing around the issue here

We are talking about 1964. Goldwaters defense of states rights in that era meant a States right to deny blacks the vote, a States right to enforce segregation, a states right to make certain people second class citizens

It was states rights vs human rights and Goldwater was on the wrong side of history

LBJ had it right

Forum List

Back