Who has helped blacks the most...Democrats or Republicans?

Who has helped blacks the most?

• Democrats

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Republicans

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are urged to watch the video before voting.

You cannot change your vote.

Your vote will not be displayed publicly.

You may view the results without voting.

The poll will be open for 30 days.

Blacks greatest measure of being helped is free stuff. Gotta give it to the Dems.

Yeah, what free stuff? I'm black, do you think you could get me the address or website to the free black stuff adminisration?
Find your local welfare office, as if you don't know everybody there by their first name.

Every time I went to the welfare office it was because I had a white client.
They're called social workers. You know, the ones who approve your food stamps, section 8 housing and all the free stuff you get for you and your baby-mammas.

When he formed the Arizona Air National Guard, he made it INTEGRATED. He desegregated his family stores. He joined the NAACP.

This makes three times I have posted this. Can you refute any one of the statements I made...for the third fucking time?

When you try to do so, please post links to credible sources. I did.
Learn some history: The Civil Rights Act vs. States’ Rights

But the local level, as Anthony Lewis wrote, was precisely where the problem lay. (“Goldwater Is Wrong On Civil Right” September 26, 1964) The law in southern states and towns was vigorously enforcing racist policies, using intimidation and violence to deprive African Americans of their rights.

The U.S. Government had tried Goldwater’s approach for nearly a century, Lewis argued. When states were left on their own to handle race relations, “the result was massive inequality, injustice, and cruelty that shocked the conscience of this nation…The law has been cynically manipulated to maintain white supremacy, in defiance of the most elementary rights of a citizen.”

Goldwater Sold out to the segregationists in order to get the nomination

Rockefeller wouldn’t
No. Brain dead liberals misinterpreted his use of the phrase "states rights".
Yea

States rights to invoke Jim Crow. That is why we have a strong federal government
There is far more usefulness in states rights than to be able to invoke Jim Crow laws. Goldwater was not advocating Jim Crow. He was advocating states rights....just as our founders did when they included in the Constitution the rights of all states to make any laws they choose that are not specifically reserved for the federal government.

Jim Crow laws were for a time the right of all states to invoke. They were numerous until 1971 when they were essentially made illegal by federal laws, thanks in part to people like Rosa Parks.

Being an advocate of states rights is not and never was a blanket approval of all laws in all states and certainly not considered approval of Jim Crow laws except by people that want to condemn other people for correctly supporting the rights of states to make their own laws without being controlled by the federal government.

I am relatively certain you are unable to grasp this concept. Your logic here is like this:

Jim Crow laws were among those permitted by states rights.
Goldwater supported states rights.
Therefore: Goldwater supported Jim Crow laws.

If you do not recognize the fallacy of this logic, there is no convincing you of anything. You are just another stupid fucking liberal.
You are dancing around the issue here

We are talking about 1964. Goldwaters defense of states rights in that era meant a States right to deny blacks the vote, a States right to enforce segregation, a states right to make certain people second class citizens

It was states rights vs human rights and Goldwater was on the wrong side of history

LBJ had it right
Defense of states rights by defenders of the constitution does not take a holiday. It is been around ever since the concept was born in the late 1700s.

Regarding Goldwater and your allegation that he was racist and against civil rights for blacks...
Wikipedia said:
The Arizona ANG was founded by Barry Goldwater, and its origins date to the formation of the 197th Fighter Squadron at Luke Army Airfield, Glendale, receiving federal recognition on 12 December 1946. It was equipped with F-51D Mustangs and its mission was the air defense of the state. 18 September 1947, however, is considered the Arizona Air National Guard's official birth concurrent with the establishment of the United States Air Force as a separate branch of the United States military under the National Security Act[5]

The Arizona ANG was integrated in 1947, two years before President Truman's Executive Order 9981 which abolished racial discrimination in the United States Armed Forces.
This was 1946-47......

That certainly doesn't describe a racist.

Apparently, you choose to cling to your errant logic:

You are an incorrigibly stupid person.

The US Constitution takes priority over "states rights"
A state does not have the right to establish second class citizenship

Whenever we hear arguments for states rights, it generally applies to a states right to deny rights to its citizens

We saw it on slavery, women's suffrage, civil rights and gay rights

You are urged to watch the video before voting.

You cannot change your vote.

Your vote will not be displayed publicly.

You may view the results without voting.

The poll will be open for 30 days.

Blacks greatest measure of being helped is free stuff. Gotta give it to the Dems.

What free stuff???

that's the voices in their head. it makes them feel they can justify their ignorance and bigotry.

Yea

States rights to invoke Jim Crow. That is why we have a strong federal government
There is far more usefulness in states rights than to be able to invoke Jim Crow laws. Goldwater was not advocating Jim Crow. He was advocating states rights....just as our founders did when they included in the Constitution the rights of all states to make any laws they choose that are not specifically reserved for the federal government.

Jim Crow laws were for a time the right of all states to invoke. They were numerous until 1971 when they were essentially made illegal by federal laws, thanks in part to people like Rosa Parks.

Being an advocate of states rights is not and never was a blanket approval of all laws in all states and certainly not considered approval of Jim Crow laws except by people that want to condemn other people for correctly supporting the rights of states to make their own laws without being controlled by the federal government.

I am relatively certain you are unable to grasp this concept. Your logic here is like this:

If you do not recognize the fallacy of this logic, there is no convincing you of anything. You are just another stupid fucking liberal.

We are talking about 1964. Goldwaters defense of states rights in that era meant a States right to deny blacks the vote, a States right to enforce segregation, a states right to make certain people second class citizens

It was states rights vs human rights and Goldwater was on the wrong side of history

LBJ had it right
Defense of states rights by defenders of the constitution does not take a holiday. It is been around ever since the concept was born in the late 1700s.

Regarding Goldwater and your allegation that he was racist and against civil rights for blacks...
Wikipedia said:
The Arizona ANG was founded by Barry Goldwater, and its origins date to the formation of the 197th Fighter Squadron at Luke Army Airfield, Glendale, receiving federal recognition on 12 December 1946. It was equipped with F-51D Mustangs and its mission was the air defense of the state. 18 September 1947, however, is considered the Arizona Air National Guard's official birth concurrent with the establishment of the United States Air Force as a separate branch of the United States military under the National Security Act[5]

The Arizona ANG was integrated in 1947, two years before President Truman's Executive Order 9981 which abolished racial discrimination in the United States Armed Forces.
This was 1946-47......

they seem not to understand the supremacy clause at all.

Yea

LBJ had it right

Wikipedia said:

This was 1946-47......

Neither does the Constitution....

Maybe we should let blacks decide......90% who will not vote Republican
And 85% who don't vote.

Ask Obama
Democrats actually give blacks political power

Something that terrifies Conservatives
Democrats didn't give them power...they are living in conditions we would find awful. THat's what the Democrats gave to blacks.
That's what the Democrat Party gave to blacks that wanted it. I know many successful black business owners right around my home. They are hard working people. Several of them are personal friends to me. I know of thousands more like that across the nation. The blacks on the Democrat Welfare Plantation choose to be there...or they were born there and see no way out. Either way, it's the Democrat Party that created and maintains the plantation.

And 85% who don't vote.

Ask Obama

Democrats didn't give them power...they are living in conditions we would find awful. THat's what the Democrats gave to blacks.
That's what the Democrat Party gave to blacks that wanted it. I know many successful black business owners right around my home. They are hard working people. Several of them are personal friends to me. I know of thousands more like that across the nation. The blacks on the Democrat Welfare Plantation choose to be there...or they were born there and see no way out. Either way, it's the Democrat Party that created and maintains the plantation.

The only plantation exists in the republican party.

And 85% who don't vote.

Ask Obama

What do republicans offer to get them off the plantation?

Prison?

And 85% who don't vote.

Ask Obama

Prison?
Jobs, lower taxes, self respect....among others.

And 85% who don't vote.

Ask Obama

Prison?
What jobs have Republicans provided in minority neighborhoods
Republicans pull jobs out of those neighborhoods
Tax cut for low wage workers don’t help

Ask Obama

Prison?
What jobs have Republicans provided in minority neighborhoods
Republicans pull jobs out of those neighborhoods
Tax cut for low wage workers don’t help
Black unemployment is at an all time low.
Black home ownership is up.
Tax cuts for ANYBODY helps.
rightwinger is out to lunch!

Forum List

Back