Who in 2016?

We were not at peace during the Clinton years...his regime was bombing and slaughtering Serbian children and women.

These were the Serbians who were committing genocide against their neighbors in Kosovo, Bosnia and Croatia, right?

Do you support the USA being the world's police force and morals enforcer? Why is it any of our business what people in other countries do to each other? why are we about to send money, weapons and american kids into Syria? What did we gain in Iraq, kosovo, Afghanistan, and Viet Nam? billions of wasted american dollars and thousands of american lives.

We were not at peace during the Clinton years...his regime was bombing and slaughtering Serbian children and women.

These were the Serbians who were committing genocide against their neighbors in Kosovo, Bosnia and Croatia, right?

Do you support the USA being the world's police force and morals enforcer? Why is it any of our business what people in other countries do to each other? why are we about to send money, weapons and american kids into Syria? What did we gain in Iraq, kosovo, Afghanistan, and Viet Nam? billions of wasted american dollars and thousands of american lives.

In the case of Kosovo, we avoided a devastating refugee crisis that would have overwealmed Europe.

But when it comes to that, the GOP are worst offenders in the "Lets get involved in someone else's problems" than the Democrats are.

And this is why the GOP is flailing. They thought that Christie was the best thing since sliced bread... until Sandy came along and he did photos with Obama.

I truly think the best thing for the GOP would be to let Rand Paul have the nomination and lose 49 states.

How on earth could anyone sour on Christie after Sandy? I saw our Governor on site constantly working 20 hr days. In interviews he was exhausted but he was there for the people. He worked tirelessly getting emergency services, water, food, shelter.

Sandy was too big for New Jersey to handle. We needed federal aid and we needed it fast. Christie and Obama put up a common front. They put politics aside and showed they were there for the people

Run against that Republicans

nice story, but it belongs in the fantasy section. photo ops are not governing. ask the people who are still looking at their broken homes and praying for some help.

You are full of shit. Ask the people of New Jersey if the Governor was just taking photo ops. He was behind the scenes working with emergency management, arranging federal relief and monitoring progress
There are many, many areas that have not been rebuilt. It is primarily because the infrastructure in that community has not been restored. Many are still working with insurance companies, FEMA and building contractrs to get their homes rebuilt

In the case of Kosovo, we avoided a devastating refugee crisis that would have overwealmed Europe.

But when it comes to that, the GOP are worst offenders in the "Lets get involved in someone else's problems" than the Democrats are.

then why didn't europe take care of its own problem? the UK, france, Germany, Spain, etc have pretty good military capabilities?

Yes, both parties have engaged in 'world police' efforts. both parties were wrong in doing that.

I asked you if you suppported the US spending its money and young lives trying to police the world.

How on earth could anyone sour on Christie after Sandy? I saw our Governor on site constantly working 20 hr days. In interviews he was exhausted but he was there for the people. He worked tirelessly getting emergency services, water, food, shelter.

Sandy was too big for New Jersey to handle. We needed federal aid and we needed it fast. Christie and Obama put up a common front. They put politics aside and showed they were there for the people

Run against that Republicans

nice story, but it belongs in the fantasy section. photo ops are not governing. ask the people who are still looking at their broken homes and praying for some help.

You are full of shit. Ask the people of New Jersey if the Governor was just taking photo ops. He was behind the scenes working with emergency management, arranging federal relief and monitoring progress
There are many, many areas that have not been rebuilt. It is primarily because the infrastructure in that community has not been restored. Many are still working with insurance companies, FEMA and building contractrs to get their homes rebuilt

I get it. you like Christie. great. I guess the NJ people who are interviewed on the news are all liars. (or evil obama-haters) ( or maybe they are all related to the evil Koch brothers)

you are a dupe RW. I feel sorry for you.

Not sure I am following your point here. Are you saying that the governor of a state that has just been devastated by one of the worst hurricanes in living memory should engage in partisan political election games while ignoring his sworn duty and responsibilities to the people of the state who elected him?

You nailed him!

that was you he nailed-----did you get your $2?

This is the politics forum so stfu with that language.

Yes, you got nailed on your anti-Christie hysteria.

The gov did right and told you reactionaries to stfu: right thing to do.

Get over it.

I get it. you like Christie. great. I guess the NJ people who are interviewed on the news are all liars. (or evil obama-haters) ( or maybe they are all related to the evil Koch brothers)

Let's see how many voters in NJ feel differently than you do come November. Current estimates have Christie getting 60% of the vote in a blue state

Wrong again, snake. I used to like Christie, but he showed his true colors after Sandy. All bark and no bite.

you are the reactionary, you are very close to becoming the next entry on my ignore list.

you would be there with lone laugher, who is totally out of his mind.

Not sure I am following your point here. Are you saying that the governor of a state that has just been devastated by one of the worst hurricanes in living memory should engage in partisan political election games while ignoring his sworn duty and responsibilities to the people of the state who elected him?

Not at all. What I am saying is that the people hurt by Sandy are still hurting almost a year later. Christie has NOT done his job as governor.

I know about the failure of state government after a crisis. I lived through Katrina.

I lived through Katrina and Rita, and state learned how to do it over time.

If you think the government (which you despise) can put everything together in eight months (not a year later, that's a lie), then you are a moron.

Private industry would not do it if there was no profit.

Christie was great and you are late (as usual).

then why didn't europe take care of its own problem? the UK, france, Germany, Spain, etc have pretty good military capabilities?

Yes, both parties have engaged in 'world police' efforts. both parties were wrong in doing that.

I asked you if you suppported the US spending its money and young lives trying to police the world.

I think in some cases, it is necessary.

It would be better if the world policed itself. Other wealthy nations are all getting over on our dime.

Let's see how many voters in NJ feel differently than you do come November. Current estimates have Christie getting 60% of the vote in a blue state

But Christie was also being clever. He divorced the Senate Special Election from his own so that any Dem opponent he might have wouldn't benefit from Corey Booker's momentum.

Actually, that might be an argument in his favor. You kind of want a guy with something up his sleeve.

Our currency is in serious danger of losing its status as the world reserve. We are borrowing at a rate that will soon leave us unable to pay the interest on our loans. We are seriously over-extended with our military. Inflation is rampant, even though our government lies to us and tells us it's non-existent.

If we do nothing to correct theses problems, and that's what you can count on if we elect another neocon or democrat, we are headed toward economic ruin.

Wake the fuck up.

I said that I thought that Christie had earned another term as governor. I just think he is done at the national level-unless he runs as a democrat.

Not at all. What I am saying is that the people hurt by Sandy are still hurting almost a year later. Christie has NOT done his job as governor.

I know about the failure of state government after a crisis. I lived through Katrina.

I lived through Katrina and Rita, and state learned how to do it over time.

If you think the government (which you despise) can put everything together in eight months (not a year later, that's a lie), then you are a moron.

Private industry would not do it if there was no profit.

Christie was great and you are late (as usual).

where did you live during katrina and rita?

I don't despise the govt. We need govt at all levels. what is despise i over intrusive overbearing govt. I do not want govt reading my emails and recording my phone calls. I do not want the govt to have access to my bank records and my utility bills and credit card purchases.

Our currency is in serious danger of losing its status as the world reserve. We are borrowing at a rate that will soon leave us unable to pay the interest on our loans. We are seriously over-extended with our military. Inflation is rampant, even though our government lies to us and tells us it's non-existent.

If we do nothing to correct theses problems, and that's what you can count on if we elect another neocon or democrat, we are headed toward economic ruin.

Wake the fuck up.

well said, and right on

I think in some cases, it is necessary.

It would be better if the world policed itself. Other wealthy nations are all getting over on our dime.

so you think we got something for the 58,000 dead americans and billions of dollars in viet nam? exactly what?

iraq and afghanistan will have the same results, as soon as we declare defeat, as we already have in iraq, those countries will go back to what they were before we got there.

billions of dollars, thousands of lives, american kids with arms and legs blown off---for nothing. we are stupid and we refuse to learn from our mistakes.

The question on Christie is can he appeal to the very conservative voters that dominate the Iowa Caucus and SC Primary.

I think Iowa is overrated and is countered by New Hampshire. Thanks to Citizens United, candidates no longer have to kill in the early primaries or drop out. Even mediocre candidates can go the distance in the primaries if they have some deep pocket donors.

Wrong again, snake. I used to like Christie, but he showed his true colors after Sandy. All bark and no bite.

you are the reactionary, you are very close to becoming the next entry on my ignore list.

you would be there with lone laugher, who is totally out of his mind.

8 months does not equal "almost a year". What is more disaster relief funding was denied by the Republicans in Congress for over 2 whole months. Even worse than that 31 Republicans voted against the disaster relief including one from your home state. But instead you blame Christie for allegedly not going his job as governor?

Do you have any idea of the extent of the damage caused by super storm Sandy? Do you understand that in order to rebuild homes that were destroyed that they now need to meet modern code levels? Do you understand that many of these homes still need to be demolished first? The clean up effort is still ongoing.

Forum List

Back