Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower?

In the 8 years during which Bush mismanaged the USA, he did one thing that I appreaciated. He attempted to buy my vote by adding RX to my Medicare. It saves me about $4,000 per year. Thank you, George. Now, please just stay in your gated community and remain silent, like a good boy.

Oh, and I have been assured that the republicans are going to send you an invitation to their next convention...but, you know how the USPS manages to lose mail....

Obama wasn't sworn in until the end of Jan, 2009. Bush last budget was in effect until nearly the end of the year.

No it wasn't, turd. If you had read my previous post you wouldn't have said something so stupid and obviously wrong.

The Republican Party, 90% white, has zero liberals. None. Not one.

Another obvious rdean lie.

The second question is "what is Obama spending money on?"

The two wars? The Bush tax cuts he was blackmailed into extending? Nearly half of the stimulus was tax cuts. Otherwise, Republicans wouldn't have passed the bill.

95% of Bush's budgets went to pay for Democrat social programs, but you don't see Republicans whining about that.

You think there is a single liberal in the Republican Party?????

Name the person.

Or are you saying the GOP isn't 90% white? Which it is.

And no wonder the Republicans put the county in such debt if 95% of the budgets went to Social Programs. They should have been paying for their illegal war and their tax cuts for the rich.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a big difference in the economy now compared to when Clinton was in office. Spending is substantially higher due to increased spending on safety net programs due to the really bad economy plus entitlement spending is much higher now than it was under Clinton because we have more retirees. Both of these items make it much more difficult for Obama to try to follow a tightening of the belt as Clinton was able to do. It really is not a fair nor good comparison.

Safety net programs are spending of choice, not necessity. When you're running a deficit in excess of one trillion dollars a year and piling it onto an existing $17 trillion, a third of which was run up by this president, you cut back on spending of choice across the board regardless of what it's for.

In the 8 years during which Bush mismanaged the USA, he did one thing that I appreaciated. He attempted to buy my vote by adding RX to my Medicare. It saves me about $4,000 per year. Thank you, George. Now, please just stay in your gated community and remain silent, like a good boy.

Oh, and I have been assured that the republicans are going to send you an invitation to their next convention...but, you know how the USPS manages to lose mail....

Unfunded...unpaid for.

That's W. Bush's legacy - running up the credit card and sticking Obama with the payments.

Obama wasn't sworn in until the end of Jan, 2009. Bush last budget was in effect until nearly the end of the year.

No it wasn't, turd. If you had read my previous post you wouldn't have said something so stupid and obviously wrong.

Another obvious rdean lie.

The second question is "what is Obama spending money on?"

The two wars? The Bush tax cuts he was blackmailed into extending? Nearly half of the stimulus was tax cuts. Otherwise, Republicans wouldn't have passed the bill.

95% of Bush's budgets went to pay for Democrat social programs, but you don't see Republicans whining about that.

You think there is a single liberal in the Republican Party?????

Name the person.

Or are you saying the GOP isn't 90% white? Which it is.

And no wonder the Republicans put the county in such debt if 95% of the budgets went to Social Programs. They should have been paying for their illegal war and their tax cuts for the rich.

Arnold.

There is a big difference in the economy now compared to when Clinton was in office. Spending is substantially higher due to increased spending on safety net programs due to the really bad economy plus entitlement spending is much higher now than it was under Clinton because we have more retirees. Both of these items make it much more difficult for Obama to try to follow a tightening of the belt as Clinton was able to do. It really is not a fair nor good comparison.

Safety net programs are spending of choice, not necessity. When you're running a deficit in excess of one trillion dollars a year and piling it onto an existing $17 trillion, a third of which was run up by this president, you cut back on spending of choice across the board regardless of what it's for.

It's easy to say it was run up by this president. But what were his options considering what he was given. Think about it. And the deficit would have been much less if the Bush Tax Cuts were allowed to expire. But they weren't. And why weren't they?

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

See? That's coming from the right wing Christian Science Monitor. Guess there are some Christians who can't stomach what Republican Christians do without a second thought. And why were so many unemployed?

I am really getting tired of that chart. That chart shows spending GROWTH, not total spending.

Obama is spending more than Bush, but he increased his spending less than Bush increased his from Clinton.

Now for the love of god, can liberals please stop posting that chart and saying Obama is a small spender?

So, in the face of the worst recession in our history, verging on the Second Great Republican Depression, President Obama has increased spending by less than 1 and 1/2 cents on the dollar. When handed a balanced budget, a thriving economy, and a good job market, look what the GOP did. And look where it left us.

No, you people lie through your teeth constantly. You truly practice Orwellian doublespeak.

I am really getting tired of that chart. That chart shows spending GROWTH, not total spending.

Obama is spending more than Bush, but he increased his spending less than Bush increased his from Clinton.

Now for the love of god, can liberals please stop posting that chart and saying Obama is a small spender?

No they can't, they just don't get it?

Unfunded...unpaid for.

That's W. Bush's legacy - running up the credit card and sticking Obama with the payments.

When was welfare "paid for," dumbfuck? When did Obama "pay for" 20 million new food stamp recipients?

From that ultra-Liberal rag, Forbes:

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?

It’s enough to make even the most ardent Obama cynic scratch his head in confusion.

Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Curious...was this the intent of the administration, or the result of an obstructionist opposition in Congress?

From that ultra-Liberal rag, Forbes:

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama?

It’s enough to make even the most ardent Obama cynic scratch his head in confusion.

Amidst all the cries of Barack Obama being the most prolific big government spender the nation has ever suffered, Marketwatch is reporting that our president has actually been tighter with a buck than any United States president since Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Curious...was this the intent of the administration, or the result of an obstructionist opposition in Congress?

There's no doubt that President Obama spoke of the need to cut spending in all his 2007/08 stump speeches.

I'd say he's made progress despite an obstructionist opposition in Congress.

Republicans refusing to govern has also played a role.

Unfunded...unpaid for.

When was welfare "paid for," dumbfuck? When did Obama "pay for" 20 million new food stamp recipients?

Since it was 'Georgie Boy' that created the near Second Great Republican Depression, you 'Conservatives' need to address that issue. You created it.

President Obama is the first President in at least 50 years to actually lower the per capita governmental spending;

Economist's View: Per Capita Government Spending by President

They hate it, Old Rocks. It eats them alive that President Obama is succeeding, although a lot slower than he could be.

And I think there is going to be another mobilization of President Obama's mailing list, coupled with injunctions by Federal courts preventing some of these voting laws from taking effect, and we can regain the House.

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower?
when i saw this title show up i knew the answer long before i opened the topic, you all no doubt have heard this : "Lies - damn lies - and statistics," that is what i believe this to be :up:

Unfunded...unpaid for.

Since it was 'Georgie Boy' that created the near Second Great Republican Depression, you 'Conservatives' need to address that issue. You created it.

They won't. Either they refuse to talk about it or blame it on the Democrats. Remember, many of these people think it was Mitt Romney who got Bin Laden. Believing that means you are too far gone. They can't be reasoned with.

So, how is Obama a small government spender? When Bush took office the debt was $5 trillion, when he left it was $10 trillion, so roughly $5.2 trillion in spending. When Obama took office in 2009, the debt was still around $10 trillion. Guess what? As of the latter part of June, the debt has exceeded $17 trillion, 6.4 trillion of that IS OBAMA'S.

The facts are the facts liberals, no amount of name calling and racist insinuations will change that.

translation= ya hate it when we're right

Forum List

Back