Who Should NOT Be Allowed to Vote?

Who Should NOT be Allowed to Vote?

• felons

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • welfare recipients

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • anyne on the dole (to include entitlements like social security)

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • People with IQ's under 80

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • the clinically insane

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • non-citizens

Votes: 23 88.5%
  • those who cannot speak Anglish

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • those who will not take a loyalty oath to the Republic

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • those who cannot pay a fee to vote

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • those who do not own property

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • blacks

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • whites

• men

• women

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • no one should be able to vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The last six years has proven that universal voting rights do not work. Eventually the crooks promise enough to the stupid that the crooks run things and drive a nation into disaster.

We have the right to limit the vote if we so choose to protect our Republic, and we already do. No one as of yet anyway, is demanding that children be allowed to vote, but I would bet some leftwing jack ass is advocating just that sort of thing.

And the Oligarchs use judges to overturn freely approved laws anyway for any hair-brained idea that they have anyway; a vote of one over-riding the votes of millions.

So if we could change the Constitution, who should NOT be allowed to vote?

The last six years has proven that universal voting rights do not work. Eventually the crooks promise enough to the stupid that the crooks run things and drive a nation into disaster.

We have the right to limit the vote if we so choose to protect our Republic, and we already do. No one as of yet anyway, is demanding that children be allowed to vote, but I would bet some leftwing jack ass is advocating just that sort of thing.

And the Oligarchs use judges to overturn freely approved laws anyway for any hair-brained idea that they have anyway; a vote of one over-riding the votes of millions.

#Uno- Those who pay no taxes, have no vote

-Geaux

-Geaux

Dont get me wrong, I recognize that you have a right to your opinion.

But what about a homeless vet? Should they be allowed to vote in the Republic they fought for?

Maybe instead of a list of disqualifiers, we should have a list of qualifying criteria?

All I know is our democratic process has failed this country, and I would like to see the voting franchise tightened up a whole lot. Not sure what criteria, but too many crooks have too much influence over too many droolingly stupid people for this nation to survive.

Last edited:

-Geaux

Dont get me wrong, I recognize that you have a right to your opinion.

But what about a homeless vet? Should they be allowed to vote in the Republic they fought for?

I'm a veteran and that's a good point. But, we have to find a way to remove the entitled vote that only comes because it was bought with handouts.

-Geaux

The clinically insane, non citizens, felons.

The rest of the list is sort of insane itself, especially social security recipients which is what - 100% of senior citizens? Welfare recipients, who could be on welfare as a result of Gov't policies destroying their economy and inhibiting their ability to advance, should not be able to vote in a person they feel could improve upon that situation?

I dunno homey. Seems extreme.

The "loyalty oath" sounds like a lofty idealistic version of brainwashing, not freedom.

I voted that the clinically insane can't vote. This includes most but not all republicans posting on usmb.

Those who have never served in the military.

Illegals. We know they're voting. They said on TV they're voting and the person interviewing them did nothing. They should all be shipped back home.

The clinically insane, non citizens, felons.

The rest of the list is sort of insane itself, especially social security recipients which is what - 100% of senior citizens? Welfare recipients, who could be on welfare as a result of Gov't policies destroying their economy and inhibiting their ability to advance, should not be able to vote in a person they feel could improve upon that situation?

I dunno homey. Seems extreme.

The "loyalty oath" sounds like a lofty idealistic version of brainwashing, not freedom.

I was just trying to give everyone the choice they might make if they could. I only chose felons, and a couple of others.

Did you vote on the poll?

There is no logical merit to disallowing welfare recipients to vote.

A Gov't that is too big could be the cause of the bad enough economy that PUT them there, and not allowing them to participate in said Gov't in order to try and get out of there is anti freedom, it's anti American.

Since the recession welfare has skyrocketed. Welfare recipients caused the recession? No.

Anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh

Covered under "Clinically Insane"

Nope, now if you were to amend that to 'believes' instead of listens, you might have something.

For a start, the vote should be restricted to those who can prove who they are and that they actually live in the voting district, and are registered to vote.

But of course that is "racist."

If I were emperor I would decree that the IRS handle voter ID. If you have paid at least some minimal amount in "payroll" and/or Federal Income Taxes, then you get a registration card. If not, then try to do better next time. Better would be that you get a number of votes according to how much you paid, but I guess that would be "elitist."

In any event, no rational association allows non-paying members to vote.

On the other hand, I would give a lifetime voting card to military veterans of active duty service and people who have accumulated at least $100 thousand in lifetime FIT payments.

I thought some PC Nazi bastard like you would eventually speak up.

So listening to Rush Limbaugh means you are not fit to vote?

Spoken like a true Nazi.

For a start, the vote should be restricted to those who can prove who they are and that they actually live in the voting district, and are registered to vote.

But of course that is "racist."

If I were emperor I would decree that the IRS handle voter ID. If you have paid at least some minimal amount in "payroll" and/or Federal Income Taxes, then you get a registration card. If not, then try to do better next time. Better would be that you get a number of votes according to how much you paid, but I guess that would be "elitist."

In any event, no rational association allows non-paying members to vote.

On the other hand, I would give a lifetime voting card to military veterans of active duty service and people who have accumulated at least $100 thousand in lifetime FIT payments.

Sounds valid to me, except for the more votes part. We don't need the rich running the country; that is just another kind of crook, IMO, far too often.

Voter qualifications should be left up to the individual states and federal courts should not have appellate jurisdiction.

Personally, I think the country started going down the tubes when the 19th amendment passed.

Forum List

Back