• Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • jfk

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • barak obama

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
So, a State university.

So you were a leech that had the taxpayers fund it for you?

It's not austerity. It's called letting the parents of the kids getting the education support their own kids. It's not the responsibility of the taxpayers to provide you with a college education.

I fully acknowledge and appreciate the role taxpayers played in allowing me to achieve an affordable education without going into debt.

My father was a union man working to support four children on a single paycheck. Expecting him to pay full tuition for four children was not going to happen. Thankfully, people cared more about higher education then and all four children were able to graduate college

If they were REQUIRED to pay the taxes, they didn't have a say.

I care about higher education. I have plenty of it and provide my daughters with it. That's my responsibility not the taxpayers. Unlike you who thinks it's owed to you, I don't. I'm more than willing to be responsible for my kids. Apparently your dad wasn't.

All taxpayers have a say...every November

EVERY American is owed an education.......it is what civilized societies do

not all of them

felons for example do not have a say

If Liberals had their way, felons would. They think those not contributing to the pot that they believe all of society should do should have a say in how that money from the pot is spent.

indeed

I fully acknowledge and appreciate the role taxpayers played in allowing me to achieve an affordable education without going into debt.

My father was a union man working to support four children on a single paycheck. Expecting him to pay full tuition for four children was not going to happen. Thankfully, people cared more about higher education then and all four children were able to graduate college

I care about higher education. I have plenty of it and provide my daughters with it. That's my responsibility not the taxpayers. Unlike you who thinks it's owed to you, I don't. I'm more than willing to be responsible for my kids. Apparently your dad wasn't.

not all of them

If Liberals had their way, felons would. They think those not contributing to the pot that they believe all of society should do should have a say in how that money from the pot is spent.

indeed

They think those not putting in should get out and that those already putting in should be forced to put more.

So, a State university.

It's not austerity. It's called letting the parents of the kids getting the education support their own kids. It's not the responsibility of the taxpayers to provide you with a college education.

not all of them

Not my problem if you lost your right to vote

It is your fault if you think someone that doesn't contribute to the pot deserves something funded by that pot.

not all of them

indeed

They think those not putting in should get out and that those already putting in should be forced to put more.

of course

not all of them

It is your fault if you think someone that doesn't contribute to the pot deserves something funded by that pot.

plus he is a liar

not all of them

That's why children should work. If something happens to them or their parents they will have contributed to the pot. But what of crippled children?

not all of them

That's why children should work. If something happens to them or their parents they will have contributed to the pot. But what of crippled children?

No one is talking about children you dumbass. That's a ridiculous statement from an apparent moron. There are plenty of adults that don't contribute to the pot and expect the rest of us to take care of their children.

What do you not get about one person not owing another person or his/her children a damn thing?

So, a State university.

I wish you were as upset about Corporate Welfare as you are about the other kind.

So, a State university.

I wish you were as upset about Corporate Welfare as you are about the other kind.

That's because there's no such thing as corporate welfare. Welfare involves someone getting something for which they provide nothing in return.

I wish you supported the concept of personal responsibility by the parents that had their kids to the level you think someone else is responsible for them.

No one is talking about children you dumbass. That's a ridiculous statement from an apparent moron. There are plenty of adults that don't contribute to the pot and expect the rest of us to take care of their children.

What do you not get about one person not owing another person or his/her children a damn thing?

The part where we realize we are all in this together.

Look, we realize you are a selfish asshole , but basing policy on that is not going to be a good thing, Cleetus.

We have a vested interest in educating our kids and producing a certain number of college graduates if we want to keep up with our economic competitors. It's really just that simple.

That's because there's no such thing as corporate welfare. Welfare involves someone getting something for which they provide nothing in return.

I wish you supported the concept of personal responsibility by the parents that had their kids to the level you think someone else is responsible for them.

Well, you see, here's the problem, as I have pointed out, most people on "Welfare' have jobs. Most of them are only on welfare for a short time. So they are probably contributing something. I know you have the fantasy of the lifetime welfare collector, but those people only exist in your imagination.

BY your logic, we should euthanize the handicapped, as they dont' contribute anything. We should also euthanize old people, as they are no longer useful.

Well, you see, here's the problem, as I have pointed out, most people on "Welfare' have jobs. Most of them are only on welfare for a short time. So they are probably contributing something. I know you have the fantasy of the lifetime welfare collector, but those people only exist in your imagination.

BY your logic, we should euthanize the handicapped, as they dont' contribute anything. We should also euthanize old people, as they are no longer useful.

If they have a job, they don't need welfare. That's the problem.

Probably contributing? You don't know that, hence, the word probably.

No one said anything about euthanizing them. Funny how you think you know so much. Actually, many handicapped people contribute. I have a cousin that has been in a wheelchair since he was 16 years old. He was in a car wreck being hit by a drunk driver. He went on to EARN a Ph.D in some engineering field, not sure which one. He contributes while many handicapped use theirs as an excuse. Many old people contribute while many who could use age as an excuse.

Look, we realize you are a selfish asshole , but basing policy on that is not going to be a good thing, Cleetus.

We have a vested interest in educating our kids and producing a certain number of college graduates if we want to keep up with our economic competitors. It's really just that simple.

If we're all in it together, those that have been freeloading need to join in and help.

We realize you don't know the definition of selfish so misusing the word doesn't help your cause.

I have a vested interest in educating our kids. That's why I do so for MINE. If we're all in it together, it's high time those who think someone else should provide for that college education for their kids start doing it for their own. You keep saying ALL when you really mean some. I'm doing my part for those for which I am responsible. I'm not responsible for someone else's kids. They chose to have them, they pay the costs.

No one said anything about euthanizing them. Funny how you think you know so much. Actually, many handicapped people contribute. I have a cousin that has been in a wheelchair since he was 16 years old. He was in a car wreck being hit by a drunk driver. He went on to EARN a Ph.D in some engineering field, not sure which one. He contributes while many handicapped use theirs as an excuse. Many old people contribute while many who could use age as an excuse.

But the ones who don't, what a bunch of freeloaders, right?

But the ones who don't, what a bunch of freeloaders, right?

More like opportunities for you to prove you have the compassion you claim.

I have a vested interest in educating our kids. That's why I do so for MINE. If we're all in it together, it's high time those who think someone else should provide for that college education for their kids start doing it for their own. You keep saying ALL when you really mean some. I'm doing my part for those for which I am responsible. I'm not responsible for someone else's kids. They chose to have them, they pay the costs.

Naw, dude, you are basically a guy who tries to intellectually defend being a malignant narcissist.

If we're all in it together, those that have been freeloading need to join in and help.

We realize you don't know the definition of selfish so misusing the word doesn't help your cause.

One of the basic differences between liberalism and conservatism is right here. In the Marine Corps at one time it was expressed, "I got mine, Mac, how you making out." Of course, in practice it came out a little different.

One of the basic differences between liberalism and conservatism is right here. In the Marine Corps at one time it was expressed, "I got mine, Mac, how you making out." Of course, in practice it came out a little different.

Using what you mentioned, and it's not your personal experience but the viewpoint, the basic difference between Liberals and Conservatives is that the latter doesn't have a problem with anyone having what they've earned while the former thinks a portion of what someone earned, whether the earner was Liberal or Conservative, is owed to someone that didn't earn it.

Naw, dude, you are basically a guy who tries to intellectually defend being a malignant narcissist.

Doing what someone is supposed to do for themselves and their children while expecting others to do the same isn't being a narcissist. It's being personally responsible. Nothing wrong with expecting others to do what you've done when it's something they should be doing. That's all I'm expecting. I don't expect them to do anything I haven't already done. Are you saying people shouldn't do what they're supposed to do?

Forum List

Back