Who won the debate?

Who won tonight’s debate?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Do you really think Trump won that thing?

When the spin from the right is “3 on 1” and dogging on the moderators, that’s a sign that the debate was lost
Honestly, I think he did better than her, but not much. She was pretty vapid, with canned points, and he was a bit too angry than necessary. In the end, she had no answer for fucking shit up for the last three years. Trump’s pre-Covid record destroys hers. Most Americans were better off then.

ABC was all in for Harris, fact checkers likely as well. That said Trump isn't very good at supporting his statements even if they are true.
ABC Asked questions and then let the candidates talk. They got multiple back and forths to address and bring up anything they wanted. Blaming ABC is a weak excuse. They were a non factor. Trump blew this one. He’s on Fox right now bragging about his big win. Haha clueless

Honestly, I think he did better than her, but not much. She was pretty vapid, with canned points, and he was a bit too angry than necessary. In the end, she had no answer for fucking shit up for the last three years. Trump’s pre-Covid record destroys hers. Most Americans were better off then.
You obviously like Trump and his policies more but if you were objectively looking at debate performance it has to go to Kamala. Yes she dodged a few questions and baited Trump with provocative an distorted attack points. But then he took the bait and went off the rails. He did himself no favors tonight and she may have gained some support

ABC. What disservice to the American public.
1726026697058.jpeg

ABC Asked questions and then let the candidates talk. They got multiple back and forths to address and bring up anything they wanted. Blaming ABC is a weak excuse. They were a non factor. Trump blew this one. He’s on Fox right now bragging about his big win. Haha clueless
The moderators milked abortion issue for all it was worth, to Harris.

You obviously like Trump and his policies more but if you were objectively looking at debate performance it has to go to Kamala. Yes she dodged a few questions and baited Trump with provocative an distorted attack points. But then he took the bait and went off the rails. He did himself no favors tonight and she may have gained some support
We'll see if the 'needle' moves much. Debate performance aside Trump was about fixing problems while Harris was all about giving away the store, which is what Dems do to win elections.

You obviously like Trump and his policies more but if you were objectively looking at debate performance it has to go to Kamala.
I do prefer his policies, but you’re wrong about her winning. She had no answer for this shit economy, and everyone knows the Trump years were far better.

We'll see if the 'needle' moves much. Debate performance aside Trump was about fixing problems while Harris was all about giving away the store, which is what Dems do to win elections.
That’s not how it played out from what I saw. Trump whined about how bad things are. Was light on substance and solutions. Kamala talked about a new chapter and laid out her agenda… she was also light on details

It’ll be over soon, who do you think won?

It was pretty much a draw. It'll change few minds.

MY NON-PARTISAN ANALYSIS:

I give Trump a C-.
I give Harris a C-.

• Harris looked nervous,
  • she went off into euphemistic word salad epithets full of vague idealisms,
  • she never explained why she hasn't already tried to fix all these problems that occurred on her watch,
  • seldom directly answered questions,
  • and she stood off making funny, mocking faces looking childish. She looked weak.
But Trump could have been better, too.
  • He looked angry, probably because he hates ABC for their slander of him, and I'm sure he can't stand being near Harris!
  • But Trump still fails to give clear, simple, well-worded, direct, cogent answers as he just isn't a disciplined public speaker! Instead he gets side-tracked, goes off on tangents and gets lost in circular, repetitive answers.
  • He failed to point out to the viewer to simply ask themselves whether they have been better off these past few years or back in 2018, 2019 when he was president. This would have resolved who would be and has been the better leader.
  • He failed to simply point out on foreign policy that the only time the USA has not been at war and the world at peace in recent years was when he was in office!
  • He could have gotten over the issue about people eating cats and dogs in Ohio and feeding democrats talking points by simply saying that this is what he has heard reported in the news, instead of treating it as a known factual event. Now if the story turns out to be fake news, he looks like a crazy conspiracy theorist.
  • He should stop taking credit for ending RvW and just point out that the SC did what was constitutionally required and that the president doesn't (and shouldn't) set abortion policy, so only has an opinion, but that ultimately, it is a state issue that should be settled by the people, taking himself out of the abortion topic.
  • He failed to point out that the protest on J6 turned ugly only after the crowd was incited by the Cap police, and that he was powerless to do anything really as he couldn't go down there (he wasn't allowed) and just wave his hands yelling STOP! and it was impractical to think 10,000 people would be checking their cellphones during a riot to see Trump tweeting to stop, much less have listened. That implies he actually CONTROLLED the mob, which he didn't. The only solution was to keep it from starting in the first place by having the required police there to prevent it from starting, and Pelosi nixed that.
So the debate was pretty much a failure all around.
  1. The moderators failed to turn off mics at times letting both speak.
  2. The moderators got involved in fact-checking (trump) yet not Harris much (which isn't their jobs really anyway).
  3. The set stunk.
  4. There was far too little actual policy substance between the two.
  5. Trump should have pointed out that he lifts people up through self-actualization; Harris' plan is all free government handouts (which never work) and more big spending (which we can't afford).
  6. Harris started every sentence with the word 'so,' looked nervous, looked unprofessional and unpresidential, and did not instill confidence.
  7. Trump constantly looked angry, rattled, and his replies went all over the place on several subjects, often having nothing to do with the question, leaving the viewer lost what point he had intended to make, instead of simple, cogent replies.
  8. Harris seemed to bait Trump with accusations and it seemed fairly effective in getting Trump miffed, but he could have handled it much better by staying calm and clear.
In the end, it won't change minds, the democrats will regard it as a soaring success for Harris and the republicans will probably say the same of Trump but only the polls will tell. Fact is that if Trump is so bad, he still ties Harris neck & neck! Apparently Harris cannot swamp even a convicted felon! But Trump also missed a big opportunity to put her clearly away and looked frazzled, unprepared and unsettled instead.

What these two really need is another debate, another chance to go at each other, but I question whether Harris will let that happen. I know Trump would be all for it.

Last edited:
You mean the well proven lies? All she did was show America that she's a liar.
Yes, for real. She is experienced in doing that job very well. She felt secure with the cooperation of the moderators. It was one against three, and HE came out on top because he didn't spin one truth. President Trump, MAGA!

Forum List

Back