Who Would You *vote Off The Island?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Fox News Poll Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union Fox News

But it’s a lot more talk than anything else, according to a Fox News national poll that asked voters if they would support their state splitting off from the United States. Just nine percent said they would.

The poll also gave people another option: What if you could boot other states out of the union?

Nearly twice as many -- 17 percent -- liked that idea.

Which state would be the first voted out? California. Of the voters willing to ditch a state or two, 53 percent pick the Golden State.

Next out the door is New York (25 percent), followed by Texas (20 percent) and Florida (11 percent). Respondents were allowed to name multiple states they wanted out of the union.

Democratic pollster Chris Anderson says voters who want to kick out a state appear to have presidential politics in mind.

“The top four states targeted for expulsion,” he observed, “are also the four most electorally rich states in the country.” Anderson conducts the Fox News poll with Republican pollster Daron Shaw, who for his part approvingly noted the first two states on the chopping block are solid blue.

One reason more Democratic states end up on the chopping block is Republicans (21 percent) are more likely than Democrats (13 percent) to want to vote a state out of the union.

In addition, Republicans (12 percent) and independents (13 percent) are three times as likely as Democrats (4 percent) to want their state to secede. Nearly one in four voters who are part of the Tea Party movement would vote for their state to split off (23 percent).

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with 1,049 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from September 28-30, 2014. The full poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE POLL RESULTS

Looking at the actual poll results is actually pretty interesting.

*Apologies for the title as I've never actually seen the show.

That's easy.

The OP.

I'd prolly take Piggy's spectacles and give 'em to Sam 'n' Eric for the bonfire, too.

I'd vote for Iron Frickin' Maiden to gallop off the island.

DUMB-butt-a-DUMB-butt-a-DUMB...

I'd vote for Iron Frickin' Maiden to gallop off the island.

DUMB-butt-a-DUMB-butt-a-DUMB...

Which just says that you have no taste in good music.

Matter of fact, I'm not sure you know much of anything, PERIOD — what with your record of plagiarism here and all.

You may know a few musical terms, but that sure as shit don't mean you know how to make it yourself, you goddamned whiny, narcissistic, plagiarizing bitch.

We should aim for the greatest good for the greatest number, so we should pick the state with the largest population of liberals.

And oh yeah, by the way, Luddly:

The correct pronoun which belongs in the title of this pathetic thread of yours is not who: it is whom.

And I'm not the least bit surprised that you don't know that, you goddamned retard.

I would vote Ludely off first, followed by California, then New York close behind.

Luddy's not a state. And you can't 86 New York -- it's holding New England up. Ain't pretty but that's the way it works.

I think I'd vote off grammar Nazis fixated on archaic pseudoobjective pronouns.
I know it's out of left field but .... why not.

Last edited:
I would vote Ludely off first, followed by California, then New York close behind.

Ludly's not a state. And you can't 86 New York -- it's holding New England up. Ain't pretty but that's the way it works.

Yeah she is, a mentally ill state.

Fox News Poll Voters reveal which state they want kicked out of the union Fox News

But it’s a lot more talk than anything else, according to a Fox News national poll that asked voters if they would support their state splitting off from the United States. Just nine percent said they would.

The poll also gave people another option: What if you could boot other states out of the union?

Nearly twice as many -- 17 percent -- liked that idea.

Which state would be the first voted out? California. Of the voters willing to ditch a state or two, 53 percent pick the Golden State.

Next out the door is New York (25 percent), followed by Texas (20 percent) and Florida (11 percent). Respondents were allowed to name multiple states they wanted out of the union.

Democratic pollster Chris Anderson says voters who want to kick out a state appear to have presidential politics in mind.

“The top four states targeted for expulsion,” he observed, “are also the four most electorally rich states in the country.” Anderson conducts the Fox News poll with Republican pollster Daron Shaw, who for his part approvingly noted the first two states on the chopping block are solid blue.

One reason more Democratic states end up on the chopping block is Republicans (21 percent) are more likely than Democrats (13 percent) to want to vote a state out of the union.

In addition, Republicans (12 percent) and independents (13 percent) are three times as likely as Democrats (4 percent) to want their state to secede. Nearly one in four voters who are part of the Tea Party movement would vote for their state to split off (23 percent).

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with 1,049 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from September 28-30, 2014. The full poll has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE POLL RESULTS

Looking at the actual poll results is actually pretty interesting.

*Apologies for the title as I've never actually seen the show.

I suggest we jettison the state Abe Lincoln believed was expendable.

Here in Carolina we're trying to get Georgia to go in with us on a plan to saw off South Carolina and push it out to the Bermuda Triangle where it can be its own island. Think of all the cool new oceanfront.

Problem is, we can't agree on who should do the heavy work. We both want to do it.

pogo said:
Luddy's not a state.

He sure as shit ain't a writer, either.

But of course, given that I'm talking to Pogo the aficionado of fine wines and well, police beats in her hometown weekly newspaper, I reckon you prolly already knew that. :badgrin:

pogo said:

Awwwwwwwwww, wouldja look at this, boys 'n' girls: somebody bought Pogo a collegiate-level thesaurus for her burfday!!!

Isn't that precious???

S'pose this means we'll hafta keep both of our eyes wide the fuck open now, just in case she tries to claim she's the one who patented the new words she's learned!!!

honestly it looks to me like Republicans just picked the biggest Democratic states and Democrats picked the biggest Republican state, NO actual thought.

I mean logically getting rid of California, Texas, or New York would be stupid.

I'd vote to get rid of South Carolina and Washington DC that is.

Whoever took the poll and voted CA is not very bright. The countries economy would tank. CA has the 8th largest economy in the world.

I can't believe New Jersey isn't among the top four. You even have to pay a toll to drive out of that state.

I think you guys are taking this too seriously.
I think when push came to shove, people wouldn't actually want these states to leave.

Just shows the amount of frustration though with a state like Mexifornia, or New York that are tax hells and liberal cesspools.

Mexifornia is going broke and it won't be long before it has more illegals than legals. And getting rid of Mexifornia gets rid of Pelosi!

Mexifornia is going broke and it won't be long before it has more illegals than legals. And getting rid of Mexifornia gets rid of Pelosi!
Did you see that bitch yesterday ? Some reporter asked her a question about illegal aliens. I don't remember what the actual question was, but Pelosi refused to use the term and even asked the reporter if she meant to say "undocumented workers".
She of course knew what she meant.

Forum List

Back