🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Who's best at leading the country, democrats or republicans....

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Just about all the participants on these threads kinda look down on Tiggered, but guys, I have a real debate purposed here and I want serious discussion.

Who has a better track record of bringing this country forward, Dem's or Rep's?

Forget about Obama and even Bush, lets go with records of accomplishments and let the chips fall were they may, shall we......

On your march, get set, lets go....and I promise to come correct, without cursing and being ghetto, lets stick with the facts and see how it plays out and please be honest and forthright...fantasy has no place here......

• Banned
Just about all the participants on these threads kinda look down on Tiggered, but guys, I have a real debate purposed here and I want serious discussion.

Forget about Obama and even Bush, lets go with records of accomplishments and let the chips fall were they may, shall we......

On your march, get set, lets go....and I promise to come correct, without cursing and being ghetto, lets stick with the facts and see how it plays out and please be honest and forthright...fantasy has no place here......

15a00d15151515c151515151515ef01515d15c15f151515a15150c-1500wi15

how are they coming up with these rankings?

fdr extending the the depression by decades
Harding took a depression and turned it into the Roaring 20's
RR took a stagnant economy and created an explosion of growth that has never been seen.

and Carters economy was a fucking nightmare

• Banned

RR took a stagnant economy and created an explosion of growth that has never been seen.

Listen, you have access as we all do to FACTS...democrats are simply better at governing the nation, please just deal with facts...please!!

The reality is;

No political party advances the economy or the country. Americans do.

the more freedom we have (less government) the better we perform. So claiming one party saved the day is bullshit since they all have had a hand in creating the problem in the first place.

Listen, you have access as we all do to FACTS...democrats are simply better at governing the nation, please just deal with facts...please!!
you selected opinion poll is selected opinion

not facts, not reality, not close

• Banned
The reality is;

the more freedom we have (less government) the better we perform. So claiming one party saved the day is bullshit since they all have had a hand in creating the problem in the first place.

I have always been curious, and please be specific....just what does the government do that stops progress in this country. We all experienced the Bush years of deregulations and what it brought to the nations and world economy, please what do they do?

The reality is;

I have always been curious, and please be specific....just what does the government do that stops progress in this country. We all experienced the Bush years of deregulations and what it brought to the nations and world economy, please what do they do?
you've been told this a 1000 times by now and you still haven't learned.

but I'll say it again b/c I want to hear your lies on the matter.

first off is was clintons housing bubble the destroyed the economy, bush let it happen, but bill shares the blame with anyone that can be honest.

next; regs, regs are great for big biz b/c it prevent competition for rising since they can't pass off the cost. This creates large corps that are to big to fail and get bailouts from (R) and (D) alike. This money is added to the debt, increased debt devalues the dollar.

taxes, big corps pass the cost on, small biz suffers
taxes also take money out of the economy causing companies to cut costs (jobs)

cut regs, small biz booms, big biz has to innovate or be replaced. this allows them to hire people, more people working means more taxes are being collected, thus taxes can be lowered, which leaves more money in all our pockets, money buys things, the more we buy the more biz has to hire to cover the demand, more people working means more taxes collected which means they can lower taxes, which means more people have more money in their pockets to create even more demand.

basically, less government means more for us.

now, lets hear your lies.

What do you mean by accomplishments ?

Like FDR. He kept the country in depression for years.

Is that an accomplishment ?

WTH.....those are not facts.

Moron.

FDR extended the depression. I read that often here, but see nothing to back it up.
Maybe the people that voted him in four times in a row were just stupid. Republicans had such a crummy record on how they handled the economy that the people voted another democrat ,Truman in, after FDR's reign. Similar to 'the nazis were progressives' and 'we republicans know what's best for the blacks, but they're so stupid they keep voting for democrats. NIce try, but you're not the first one attempting to rewrite history with this b.s. It must be one of the philosophies fed to the unwashed over at rush, hannity or??

FDR extended the depression. I read that often here, but see nothing to back it up.
Maybe the people that voted him in four times in a row were just stupid. Republicans had such a crummy record on how they handled the economy that the people voted another democrat ,Truman in, after FDR's reign. Similar to 'the nazis were progressives' and 'we republicans know what's best for the blacks, but they're so stupid they keep voting for democrats. NIce try, but you're not the first one attempting to rewrite history with this b.s. It must be one of the philosophies fed to the unwashed over at rush, hannity or??
the longest depression was under fdr, he didn't follow sound fiscal policy and created the great depression.

A simple read of history will help you come to the same conclusion.

but hey, why think for yourself when you can accuse others of learning from talk show hosts.

FDR: 2 terms of 20% Average unemployment should be dead last

FDR's read speaks for itself: 20% unemployment first 2 terms. Needed Hitler to start WWII to bring down US unemployment

the longest depression was under fdr, he didn't follow sound fiscal policy and created the great depression.

A simple read of history will help you come to the same conclusion.

but hey, why think for yourself when you can accuse others of learning from talk show hosts.

Dude, as always, FDR inherited a fuckin mess from a damned republican, ie Hoover and you and I know the rest is history.....The differences between Herbert Hoover and Franklin Delano Roosevelt's views on economics and social welfare exemplified, to a large extent, the distinctions that have long differentiated conservatives and liberals in the United States. Hoover's views were representative of those who advocated for the primacy of free enterprise and for a minimal role for the federal government in setting economic policy and regulating business. He was a firm believer in self-sufficiency and in what is known as the laissez faireschool of thought, which seeks to place firm limits on government intervention in the marketplace. By the time of Roosevelt's election, however, the effects of the Great Depression no longer lent themselves to the kind of philosophical approach represented in the person of President Hoover.....In short, sometimes, the federal government can help and did. The depression did linger, but when business's no longer are hiring, when the stock market is at its knee's, as in all cases, who better to be our back up plan, than Uncle Sam? It saved todays market with the bailouts and it saved our then struggling economy, with government intervention. However, we all know, it was WWII, that really took us into the economy of prosperity and growth back then.

There's really no way to answer that honestly, since there are two unknowable variables in the equation.

First would be the definition of "bringing this country forward", as I guarantee you the two sides of the ideological spectrum would disagree wildly on that.

Second, it could be very reasonably argued that the actions and term of a current President and/or Congress aren't fully realized right away. It could be that a good or a bad economy, for example, could be traced to one or two or three administrations earlier.

It's a good question for a standard silly partisan slap fight, but impossible for an honest person to answer.

FDR's read speaks for itself: 20% unemployment first 2 terms. Needed Hitler to start WWII to bring down US unemployment

Lets deal with facts here, shall we.....Hoover, as do all Republican presidents, left as usual a fucked up economy for a Democrat to fix....get real please people or stay off this thread!!

There's really no way to answer that honestly, since there are two unknowable variables in the equation.

First would be the definition of "bringing this country forward", as I guarantee you the two sides of the ideological spectrum would disagree wildly on that.

Second, it could be very reasonably argued that the actions and term of a current President and/or Congress aren't fully realized right away. It could be that a good or a bad economy, for example, could be traced to one or two or three administrations earlier.

It's a good question for a standard silly partisan slap fight, but impossible for an honest person to answer.

Not if you deal with facts, silly rabbit!!

Forum List

Back