Why A "Good Guy with a Gun" is Bullshit

Nobody wants to grab your peashooters. They want limits on the types of guns you're allowed and restrictions on the type of people allowed guns - ie felons...
That is the lie you fucking fascists always lead with.

And my 45 'pea shooter' would make you pea your pants, bitch.

Because not all examples have the value or weight. You're talking about a guy with a pistol? getting into an argument vs a guy with an assault rifle going ballistic. What do you do for an encore? Compare WWII to Football War of 1969

Nice try at redirection, but we are talking about defending yourself with a gun, not committing suicide. You can't discuss this rationally without going off the deep end, can you? LOL! I'll give you one commie star for effort.

serveimage

Your premise is wrong at the most basic level. The correct mode of action for a CCW holder is to hold in place, and if the shooter tries to enter the area he controls, take him out.

Private CCW holders can be compared to a minefield, what you are hoping for is the active shooter doesn't expect armed resistance and the CCW holder can get some shots in before the active shooter realizes he is being confronted.

If you hold in place and you hear someone coming down a blind hallway, do you shout out and ask if they are the police, the shooter or another good guy? If it's the shooter, you're shit out of luck, aren't you? If it's the police they may not believe you are a good guy. They may think you're the shooter trying to save his sorry ass.

And if you hold in place but can hear the shooter actively killing people in another part of the building, what do you do? Your gun becomes a joke to the people who are dying.

So you should check YOUR premise for reality.

Look no CC permit holder has an obligation to pull his weapon in any situation.

So I always tell people like you that if I ever see them getting beaten or held at gun point not to worry because I will not pull my weapon to help them. Since they chose to be defenseless and to depend on the cops to protect them I will honor that choice and call 911 and hope the cops get there in time to save them.

Happy?

Nobody wants to grab your peashooters. They want limits on the types of guns you're allowed and restrictions on the type of people allowed guns - ie felons...

Well then I guess it's a good thing felons are outlawed from buying guns isn't it? They have been for a long time. But, as you can see, criminals do not obey laws do they?

The NRA pushed for a law that would put any felon caught with a gun in prison for 5 years. Liberal democrats rejected it.

This is the reality of being in an active shooting situation, whether it's a crowded store or a building with hallways and several levels.

So say you actually pull your gun out and stay in place until you are found? You have a lot of explaining to do when the cops arrive, and explain very quickly.

13438793_1037942286296784_2402830835013049913_n.jpg
Calling you a retard would be an insult to retards. The bad guy is easy enough to spot for the rest of us.

How many active shooters have you been confronted with in real life? No dipshit, you just see their mug shots on the news or their FB page posed with a gun and now you're an expert....More like an x-spurt.

So you admit that mass killings are quite rare then?

Good

Your premise is wrong at the most basic level. The correct mode of action for a CCW holder is to hold in place, and if the shooter tries to enter the area he controls, take him out.

Private CCW holders can be compared to a minefield, what you are hoping for is the active shooter doesn't expect armed resistance and the CCW holder can get some shots in before the active shooter realizes he is being confronted.

If you hold in place and you hear someone coming down a blind hallway, do you shout out and ask if they are the police, the shooter or another good guy? If it's the shooter, you're shit out of luck, aren't you? If it's the police they may not believe you are a good guy. They may think you're the shooter trying to save his sorry ass.

And if you hold in place but can hear the shooter actively killing people in another part of the building, what do you do? Your gun becomes a joke to the people who are dying.

More clueless

This is the reality of being in an active shooting situation, whether it's a crowded store or a building with hallways and several levels.

So say you actually pull your gun out and stay in place until you are found? You have a lot of explaining to do when the cops arrive, and explain very quickly.

13438793_1037942286296784_2402830835013049913_n.jpg
Calling you a retard would be an insult to retards. The bad guy is easy enough to spot for the rest of us.

How many active shooters have you been confronted with in real life? No dipshit, you just see their mug shots on the news or their FB page posed with a gun and now you're an expert....More like an x-spurt.

So you admit that mass killings are quite rare then?

Good
ObamaGreatDivider_zpsucb4pyo0.jpg

Bullshit!

And the expected response from the mouth breathing oxygen thief brigade.
You mean fact.

The fact is you're just another gun grabbing retard.
False I was taught to shoot before I could ride a bike.
Another classic false assumption.
Then you should know the response to an active shooter situation.

Pointing a gun at a target and pulling the trigger is not the same as training for active shooter situations.

The problem or should I say one of the many problems with martyrbegan's theory is unless the good guy has a clear shot it's more than likely he will miss due to the inability to concentrate on the target due to the fluid nature of group of people in a panic.

A guy without a gun has 100% chance of missing.

Again, you are not trying to make a bad situation good, or expecting perfection, you are trying to make a bad situation less bad.
That kind of wishful thinking is why the good guy with gun fantasy is so dangerous.
It's a simple equation more guns=more bullets = more deaths.
The only workable solutions involve more security measures and more trained guards
In public places.
Ahhh!

As I thought. You're Police State!

You know there are ways to stop a person with a gun without a gun. All you need is A good Guy to stop it....but curiously all the "good guys" arent around to stop the shooters. The "good guys" are running trying to protect their own asses.

Put a gun on someones hip doesnt automatically make them want to stand around instead of running. Fight or flight
I prefer to stand and fight.

Make sure you stay low while you run. Some of us train to drop moving targets.

Follow this thread for further NRA talking points and rhetoric from the 2nd Amendments droids who will not offer any fact-based information on how to handle yourself in an active shooting situation if you are carrying a concealed weapon.

I already stated what should be done. It's simple though. No one can tell you what to do in a fluid situation. However, in general, take cover and or try to escape. Shoot only to defend your self from imminent bodily harm. Now spin that HARD!!!

If you are a "good guy with a gun" and you see a cop, you immediately drop your weapon and put your hands up, immediately. That this escapes anyone is puzzling.
Announce your presence and inform the police that you are armed and place the firearm on the floor and back away from it with your arms extended.

Follow this thread for further NRA talking points and rhetoric from the 2nd Amendments droids who will not offer any fact-based information on how to handle yourself in an active shooting situation if you are carrying a concealed weapon.

I already stated what should be done. It's simple though. No one can tell you what to do in a fluid situation. However, in general, take cover and or try to escape. Shoot only to defend your self from imminent bodily harm. Now spin that HARD!!!
For some reason these idiots think a CC permit obligates the people with them to put themselves in harm's way and shoot the bad guy then if they do they say they're being cowboys.

So there's no use arguing with these idiots

Forum List

Back