Why A Scientist Believes In God

deaddude said:
yep I have quit,

quit argueing a moot point.

and so I repeat :gives:

To give up on solving the mysteries of life is to give up on the advancement of knowledge itself. It is consistent with the animalistic barbarism and abandonment of rationality that libs seem to extol, however.

Zhukov said:
None of any of that necessarily proves anything.

The chances of life evolving just the way it did on Earth are statistically infinitesimal? I would agree. Perhaps that's why despite the fact that there are more than a million stars in our galaxy, and more than a million galaxies in the Universe, in 5 billion years there is as yet no proof for extraterrestrial life to be found on this planet.

In his opinion. Of course were life not as resourceful it wouldn't be here to comment on would it?

There's another leap.

That's wrong.

Also wrong, assuming the thimble is smaller than a dump truck.

Yet another fact that could just as easily be attributed to dumb luck.

Well I can conceive of the idea of Santa Claus. Even more I can conceive of the idea of an absence of a god. So where does that leave us?

Excellent! Totally in agreement: That is the critical point: If life were not that resourceful it wouldna be here to comment on it. We would not/never have existed and wouldn't be able to ponder about this 'miracle'.

How do we not 'know' that there are not millions of other universes in the past, present and future where the laws of physics are totally different from our own, where there are not even stars or planets, but where there is 'life' (but not as we know it-Jim;). We don't and we can't 'know' cos we can't interact with them. That just leaves us with the here and now where there is, end of story.

Just like the lottery you can spend millions buying tickets and getting nowhere. And the next guy can come along and buy just one ticket and win the jackpot. And he is then just as likely as the 'loser' to win again the next week.

It all proves nothing, least of all the existence of God.

Again, I do get frustrated with these science vs. religion debates. They usually betray a lack of understanding as to the nature of science. I.e. the two have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other.

rtwngAvngr said:
To give up on solving the mysteries of life is to give up on the advancement of knowledge itself. It is consistent with the animalistic barbarism and abandonment of rationality that libs seem to extol, however.

Lol

gop_jeff said:
God.

Seriously, though, I don't think you can chalk up the existence of life to chance and "evolution." Life is way too complex to have spontaneously arisen from mud and lightning.

Way too complex for us simple fools to understand the mechanism?.... or is it:
way too simple for us complex fools to understand the mechanism?

As far as I know, mud wasn't involved, but extremely complex long chain polymers were, and the permutations and combinations you can get from them are mindblowing.

Isn't it ironic, that in order to get an egg with dna inserted into it (cloning) to divide and multiply requires.... a jolt of electricity! Lightning!

If you guys remember high school biology, then you remember how incredibly long and complex DNA is. You might also remember cellular bodies like the mitochondria, plus several others that escape me. You might also remember stuff like cilia and flaggelums that propel single-celled organisms around. Each of those pieces of a cell - even cilia - are extremely complex pieces, put together in just the right way. In fact, many of these cellular components cannot be broken down into smaller parts, a concept known as irreducable complexity. DNA, even in single celled organisms, is extremely long, and if even one pair is missing, the whole sequence goes awry and the cell doesn't produce the correct proteins. And you're telling me that a lightning bolt just happened to make it all? It would take more faith for me to believe that than to believe that it was created through an Intellegent Designer.

exactly, nobody knows, thats why all assertions are theories, soooooooooooo

argueing theories is pointless, or rather not pointless, but the point is moot.

:gives:

Originally Posted by Zhukov
Well I can conceive of the idea of Santa Claus. Even more I can conceive of the idea of an absence of a god. So where does that leave us?

Hi dearest friend
Actually I donno who is Santa Claus exactly ,, but if u mean the santa clause of the Christmas this mean big disaster coz I think only children believe in it and sure it some kind of illusion
Any way I see just that all your thoughts and I have nothing to do with this
But I will ask u something
U says that’s no god right
Then how u came ??
U will say from my mom
I will ask how ur mom came
And we will still ask the same question until the end
And who create the whole world
Anyway
U will say this all came from nothing 
How nothing
This will make us come from the beginning
How we could come from nothing, then we r nothing, then u don’t exist
And it also couldn’t be a coincidence right, so we can't think how it came or how coz we cant give suggestion isn’t it logic

And scientist assured that the world who started with a big bang will end with big crash, coz there is an end for every start right

If we spoke in your way So sure there something happened to turn the nothing become a world , and this impossible thing that turn the nothing to something , so this lead that there is no one make it ,, right and so we shouldn’t ask about it

We could say so if the world will stay forever, and as we dealed above that the world will end with BIG CRASH
It isn’t shame that when we say we don’t know
Now one came from nothing
And logically god create every thing

Let me ask u last question if anybody's mother died while she was giving him birth and he sure didn’t saw here and some one asked him who gave u birth he sure will say mam
Its logically answer

If I asked u who created u ???
What will be ur answer.

Then u r here for reason, search 4 it

Dear ajwps sorry if u misunderstand sure we all science we were born know that all,, but u misunderstand this point
I mean that who teach god who told him all of that he who create the water and create even u ,

How amazing that this statement is found in the Qur'an. How profound a statement. It couldn't have come from the Monkey god or Vishnu for it would be too complex for these gods.

About this I dare ur monkey to even create a butter fly, u should back to your reasons and u should be sorry 4 these words

we talk here about the creation of water with this features, who we know its benefit and still discovering its feature till now ,, who made it , who teach him to make water and make u like this
" wa Allah (the god ) know and u don't know " qur'an

note if u know that Allah= god others donno
and yeah the qur'an was brought by sayedna jebril and he is an angel not satan coz there are no satan between angel ,, only between human beings

now I hope u enter this link
www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=148421#post148421

Actually I donno who is Santa Claus exactly ,, but if u mean the santa clause of the Christmas this mean big disaster coz I think only children believe in it and sure it some kind of illusion

No one said they believed in Santa Claus, I said I could conceive of his existence. The fact that I can conceive of his existence does not prove that he does in fact exist, just as the fact that people can conceive in the existence of a supreme diety is not proof of that supreme diety's existence.

U will say this all came from nothing

No I won't. But thanks for answering for me anyways. In fact thanks for answering all your questions to me for me. It saved me a lot of time. Who care's whether they are the same answers I'd give anyways right? I doubt you really care.

Arabian - Which Qur'an verse is true? Did all of Noah's family survive the flood or not? Did one of his sons drown? TURN ON YOUR SPEAKERS TO HEAR THE WORDS IN THE FOLLOWING SITE.

http://qurannoah.homestead.com/Sondrown.html

وَنُوحًا إِذْ نَادَى مِن قَبْلُ فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ فَنَجَّيْنَاهُ وَأَهْلَهُ مِنَ الْكَرْبِ الْعَظِيمِ

Qur'an Sura 21:76
And Noah, when he cried of old, We heard his prayer and saved him and his household from the great affliction.

وَهِيَ تَجْرِي بِهِمْ فِي مَوْجٍ كَالْجِبَالِ وَنَادَى نُوحٌ ابْنَهُ وَكَانَ فِي مَعْزِلٍ يَا بُنَيَّ ارْكَب مَّعَنَا وَلاَ تَكُن مَّعَ الْكَافِرِينَ
قَالَ سَآوِي إِلَى جَبَلٍ يَعْصِمُنِي مِنَ الْمَاء قَالَ لاَ عَاصِمَ الْيَوْمَ مِنْ أَمْرِ
اللّهِ إِلاَّ مَن رَّحِمَ وَحَالَ بَيْنَهُمَا الْمَوْجُ فَكَانَ مِنَ الْمُغْرَقِينَ

Qur'an Sura 11:42-43
So the Ark floated with them on the waves (towering) like mountains, and Noah called out to his son, who had separated himself (from the rest): "O my son! embark with us, and be not with the unbelievers!"

He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. (Noah) said: This day there is none that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned.

Arabian said:
Dear ajwps sorry if u misunderstand sure we all science we were born know that all,, but u misunderstand this point I mean that who teach god who told him all of that he who create the water and create even u ,

Dear ARABIAN what makes you think Allah is the god that created water, me or you? Because Pbuh Muhammad and his friends COPIED from others does not make Allah any kind of diety.

About this I dare ur monkey to even create a butter fly, u should back to your reasons and u should be sorry 4 these words

You WILL BE SORRY for believing a stone idol Allah in Hazor created anything. A monkey is at least a living god of Vishnu.

we talk here about the creation of water with this features, who we know its benefit and still discovering its feature till now ,, who made it , who teach him to make water and make u like this " wa Allah (the god ) know and u don't know " qur'an

You talk about the creation of WATER and its characteristics. For I (ajwps) have created Allah the beneficient. I told Pbuh Muhammad about this god and he wrote the Qur'an. But I was much younger when I spoke to Pbuh Muhammad in Mecca.

note if u know that Allah= god others donno and yeah the qur'an was brought by sayedna jebril and he is an angel not satan coz there are no satan between angel ,, only between human beings

Actually the Angel Satan (is me) and I fooled Pbuh Muhammad into believing all this nonsense about Allah god. Muhammad believed all that I told him about this stone idol I called Allah. Pbuh Muhammad bowed at my feet and licked the dust off of my boots even though I was a very young boy at the time I squeezed Pbuh in a cave.

And now you and millions of Muslims follow my fake story about Allah. I told Pbuh Muhammad about water and its characteristics and the Big Bang.

Muhammad was a camel saleman and he bought my fish tale; hook, line and sinker. Muhammad was very stupid.

ajwps said:
Arabian - Which Qur'an verse is true? Did all of Noah's family survive the flood or not? Did one of his sons drown? TURN ON YOUR SPEAKERS TO HEAR THE WORDS IN THE FOLLOWING SITE.

وَنُوحًا إِذْ نَادَى مِن قَبْلُ فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ فَنَجَّيْنَاهُ وَأَهْلَهُ مِنَ الْكَرْبِ الْعَظِيمِ

And Noah, when he cried of old, We heard his prayer and saved him and his household from the great affliction.

وَهِيَ تَجْرِي بِهِمْ فِي مَوْجٍ كَالْجِبَالِ وَنَادَى نُوحٌ ابْنَهُ وَكَانَ فِي مَعْزِلٍ يَا بُنَيَّ ارْكَب مَّعَنَا وَلاَ تَكُن مَّعَ الْكَافِرِينَ
قَالَ سَآوِي إِلَى جَبَلٍ يَعْصِمُنِي مِنَ الْمَاء قَالَ لاَ عَاصِمَ الْيَوْمَ مِنْ أَمْرِ
اللّهِ إِلاَّ مَن رَّحِمَ وَحَالَ بَيْنَهُمَا الْمَوْجُ فَكَانَ مِنَ الْمُغْرَقِينَ

So the Ark floated with them on the waves (towering) like mountains, and Noah called out to his son, who had separated himself (from the rest): "O my son! embark with us, and be not with the unbelievers!"

He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. (Noah) said: This day there is none that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between them, so he was among the drowned.

I would also like to know how Muhammed found out all this conversation between Noah and his sons when the Old Testament, written by Moses 2000 years before, mentions none of it.

gop_jeff said:
I would also like to know how Muhammed found out all this conversation between Noah and his sons when the Old Testament, written by Moses 2000 years before, mentions none of it.

Isn't it obvious. Prophet Pbuh Muhammad got this Noah information from a black angel (claming to be Gabriel) when the prophet was squeezed in a cave and given the revelations of things that had happened thousands of years before.

Remember Islam claims that even Adam and Eve were Muslims who knew Allah the Magnificient.

Our friend Arabian says what to him is clear, that the last prophet Muhammad said it and even though illiterate wrote the Qur'an Bible. PRESTO: If Prophet Muhammad said he was the last prophet, then of course, no other religions can be true.

ajwps said:

Dear ajwp let me explain

Both of them are true
Our prophet Noh had 4 sons
One of his sons and his wife didn’t believe in god
And the other three survive
There name are
Yafith father of u and all Europe people who have white skin
Sam father of Arab
Ham father of people who have dark skin

And also ahalho(household ) mean his people who believed in him too

10. Allâh sets forth an example for those who disbelieve, the wife of Nûh (Noah) and the wife of Lout (Lot). They were under two of our righteous slaves, but they both betrayed their (husbands by rejecting their doctrine) so they [Nûh (Noah) and Lout (Lot) <><> <>] benefited them (their respective wives) not, against Allâh, and it was said: "Enter the Fire along with those who enter!"
sura 066. At-Tahrîm

so as u see no one can run away from allah or his destiny allah wrote to him and allah revenge from people who dont believe in him as his son and wife

did u got it now,,
dear ajwp Am really so happy coz u interested in reading qur'an
and if u realy wanna ask anything else go on its okay with me if u asked me

note
sry if am late in my answers and coz i stopped writing articles 2 but this out of my hand
coz my cousin made a big opereation and i should take care and sleep with my cousin so i can't come online many times at the day
sry again guys and i hope u accept my appology

Arabian said:
Dear ajwp let me explain

Both of them are true
There name are
Sam father of Arab

So how did Mohammed come up with Noah's fourth son, when both the Jewish scriptures and the Christian Bible show Noah as only having three sons?
Where did the fourth son come from: was it revealed by the angel, or was it made up by Mohammed? If it was made up, then how can you trust Mohammed on anything? If the angel told him about it, then how can the angel go against the revealed word of God in the book of Genesis? The angel would then be speaking against the word of God, in which case, you couldn't trust anything else that angel revealed to Mohammed.

Dear gop_jeff

Let me ask u some question 1st or let's deal on something which consider constraint in this life

&#8226; 1st who know what is going to happen next
no one but Allah

&#8226; who only can c what u think and what u really want and y and know every thing about u
sure the one who create u (Allah)

&#8226; and who know what happened in old ages
I think u will say Allah 2

Then Allah know every thing about what he made (u)

As if u made a software u sure will know every thing about it

So sure all of these things sent by Allah to his prophet Muhammad by his angel Gebril (he called spirit), so this is true qur'an came from allah

And sry ajwp I've never heard that there is dark angel
Allah create angel from light and al gin from fire, so there is no gin angel or angel gin

Any way lets continue Allah send his prophet mercy for the world so
Let me give u an example lets take the story of Prophet Hood and people of Add (don&#8217;t laugh it isn&#8217;t matter of blues and mines their name in Arabic is add)

They were so big, huge guys (as we know people was soo tall previous and they become more shorter as day pass)
Allah say in his book the qur'an in sura 089. Al-Fajr

5. There is indeed in them (the above oaths) sufficient proofs for men of understanding (and that, they should avoid all kinds of sins and disbeliefs, etc.)!
6. Did you (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)) not see (thought) how your Lord dealt with 'Ad (people)?
7. Who were very tall like lofty pillars,
8. The like of which were not created in the land?

So they built great civilization with big homes and other building coz they were so strong the were building there home by reshaping the mountain or by building it

And sobhan Allah

124. When their brother Hûd said to them: "Will you not fear Allâh and obey Him?
125. "Verily! I am a trustworthy Messenger to you.
126. "So fear Allâh, keep your duty to Him, and obey me.
127. "No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message of Islâmic Monotheism), my reward is only from the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns, and all that exists).
128. "Do you build high palaces on every high place, while you do not live in them?
129. "And do you get for yourselves palaces (fine buildings) as if you will live therein for ever[].
130. "And when you seize, seize you as tyrants?
Let's take part part

124. When their brother Hûd said to them: "Will you not fear Allâh and obey Him?
Brother see , Allah says brother to make it clear it was from them self and asking for love
Hear that when I call u brother gop_jeff u feel love and I feel it 2 (this Is true)
And this is 2 y Allah said in
As ajwp said
Coz Noh is brother to his people 2
Lets continue
125. "Verily! I am a trustworthy Messenger to you.
126. "So fear Allâh, keep your duty to Him, and obey me.
127. "No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message of Islâmic Monotheism), my reward is only from the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns, and all that exists).

Did u ever think what all this prophet gained from their da'awa answer me what did they gained nothing but hurting and humiliated by their people and only small part of them believed them ,
They didn't take money or anything they do it for Allah and coz they want mercy and peace on the last life on the parricides coz they really care about them did u ever thought what our prophet Muhammad do till his da'awa continue till now what he passed through hurting and humiliated
By his people even their cousin while h was in al ta'ef (country in Saudi Arabia) it's between 2 mountains
This 2 mountain asked Allah to squeeze this country coz they made children run after our prophet and through them stone and but forks to move on it and hurted hi so much
But Muhammad said no maybe their will be Muslims come from this country from this children (mercy and forgiveness)
128. "Do you build high palaces on every high place, while you do not live in them?
129. "And do you get for yourselves palaces (fine buildings) as if you will live therein for ever[].
130. "And when you seize, seize you as tyrants?

So they didn&#8217;t build these palaces to live in them only to feel them self big and they could do any thing u want I mean just to say I made and made and coz they believed that those building will keep them away from dieing or will never get old and when they hurt they tyrants
131. "So fear Allâh, keep your duty to Him, and obey me.
132. "And keep your duty to Him, fear Him Who has aided you with all (good things) that you know.
133. "He has aided you with cattle and children.
134. "And gardens and springs.
135. "Verily, I fear for you the torment of a Great Day."
So then he mentioned what Allah gave to him and fear god coz only he fear for them the torment of great day they do all of that coz he love them
136. They said: "It is the same to us whether you preach or be not of those who preach.
137. "This is no other than the false-tales and religion of the ancients, [Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol.19, Page 97]
138. "And we are not going to be punished."
139. So they belied him, and We destroyed them. Verily! In this is indeed a sign, yet most of them are not believers.
140. And verily! Your Lord, He is indeed the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful.

136. They said: "It is the same to us whether you preach or be not of those who preach.
137. "This is no other than the false-tales and religion of the ancients, [Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol.19, Page 97]
so they did this only coz their father and grand fathers believed in that so all they done they didn&#8217;t think well as some one who is just have his mom and dad religion without thinking about what he is doing or reading to understand
so when they disbelieve him Allah destroyed them
add lived on the Arabian island "its now a big desert no one can live on it coz there are moving sands in it"
did u noticed how Allah described the place add lived on it
132. "And keep your duty to Him, fear Him Who has aided you with all (good things) that you know.
133. "He has aided you with cattle and children.
134. "And gardens and springs.
C all of that coz they disbelieved the prophet hod
Y am telling this 2 u , coz satellites took some picture of this place and they really did found that there were a great civilization coz they really did found a sign for great buildings
So their was Allah who send al qur'an to his messenger Muhammad , coz he only knew what happened

Hod ,saleh, sho'aib and Muhammad was only the Arabian prophets "from sam"
This is y I think they didn&#8217;t mentioned in the bible
As I think

gop_jeff said:
So how did Mohammed come up with Noah's fourth son, when both the Jewish scriptures and the Christian Bible show Noah as only having three sons?
Where did the fourth son come from: was it revealed by the angel, or was it made up by Mohammed? If it was made up, then how can you trust Mohammed on anything? If the angel told him about it, then how can the angel go against the revealed word of God in the book of Genesis? The angel would then be speaking against the word of God, in which case, you couldn't trust anything else that angel revealed to Mohammed.

actully i didn't read the bible or the Jewish scriptures i just know little about it
but actully im getting seriousley to read it if u helped me but u should give me which bible exactlly coz i think there are more than one bible this is really if i read the bible would u help me in that
and about what bible said they may spoke about those who survived and i said they were 3

Arabian said:
Dear ajwp let me explain

Both of them are true
There name are
Sam father of Arab

Arabian what was the name of Noah's fourth son? Who was his fourth son's wife? Please point out the Sura in Qur'an talking about Noah's fourth son?

10. Allâh sets forth an example for those who disbelieve, the wife of Nûh (Noah) and the wife of Lout (Lot).

If the wife of Noah disobeyed her husband, what did she do to disobey him and what exactly happened to her by the will of Allah?

They were under two of our righteous slaves, but they both betrayed their (husbands by rejecting their doctrine)

To whom did the righteous slaves Nûh and Lout belong to? What doctrine did the wife of Nûh and Lout disobey or did they not believe in Muhammad's Qur'an instructions for women to be the slaves of men?

so they [Nûh (Noah) and Lout (Lot) <><> <>] benefited them (their respective wives) not, against Allâh, and it was said: "Enter the Fire along with those who enter!"[/ quote]

So the unbelieving and disobeying wives of the wife of Nûh and Lout entered the fire along with those others? who entered? I was certain the Lout's wife turned into a pile of salt. What happened to the wife of Nûh's wife?

sura 066. At-Tahrîm

so as u see no one can run away from allah or his destiny allah wrote to him and allah revenge from people who dont believe in him as his son and wife. did u got it now,,

NO I don't get it at all. Allah wasn't known until Pbuh Muhammad wrote his story Bible from Jebril. So how could Nûh and Lout know about Allah before Allah was made into a stone statue?

dear ajwp Am really so happy coz u interested in reading qur'an
and if u realy wanna ask anything else go on its okay with me if u asked me

I just asked you, thank you.

note sry if am late in my answers and coz i stopped writing articles 2 but this out of my hand coz my cousin made a big opereation and i should take care and sleep with my cousin so i can't come online many times at the day

Oh what type of big operation did your cousin have? Did your cousin have a quadruple bypass coronary artery disease.

sry again guys and i hope u accept my appology

No problem. Please answer my questions in this post.

Forum List

Back