Why anti gun people are so angry.....

Second Amendment jurisprudence is currently evolving, and indeed that process has just started.

It could be decades before a comprehensive understanding of the Second Amendment right is codified in case law, likely requiring the Supreme Court to weight in with regard to a number of regulatory measures.

Until that time, however, firearm regulatory policy that has been ruled Constitutional by the Federal courts, such as magazine capacity requirements and licensing fees, as well as measures not yet subject to judicial review, do not 'violate' the Second Amendment, nor do they seek to 'infringe' on the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.

To argue otherwise is ignorant and unfounded.

President Obama proposed reasonable changes to gun laws. Reasonable people accept reasonable. Un- reasonable people don't.

For a second time, I'll challenge you. Show me a reasonable proposed gun law that would have averted Newtown that is not an outright ban.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to your criteria...

There SHOULD be an outright ban on assault weapons. There is NO NEED for a private citizen to have an assault weapon for personal protection...NONE!

So, you do want an outright ban, got it.

How exactly would that have averted Newtown?

Yes, I am for reasonable gun control laws, are you?

Again...how exactly would that have averted Newtown?

Nothing can stop Newtown. Those children and teachers are dead.

For a second time, I'll challenge you. Show me a reasonable proposed gun law that would have averted Newtown that is not an outright ban.

There SHOULD be an outright ban on assault weapons. There is NO NEED for a private citizen to have an assault weapon for personal protection...NONE!

Man thats weak..

I find it funny this is about angry anti gunners and the person ranting and name calling and hating is the pro gun nut.

I am afraid that I will have to retract my statement. There are gun grabbers. My brother, at a age 16 was playing Matt Dillan in the woods, practicing his fast draw. He grabbed his 22 colt, and shot himself in the leg. I almost forgot about that.

Second Amendment jurisprudence is currently evolving, and indeed that process has just started.

It could be decades before a comprehensive understanding of the Second Amendment right is codified in case law, likely requiring the Supreme Court to weight in with regard to a number of regulatory measures.

Until that time, however, firearm regulatory policy that has been ruled Constitutional by the Federal courts, such as magazine capacity requirements and licensing fees, as well as measures not yet subject to judicial review, do not 'violate' the Second Amendment, nor do they seek to 'infringe' on the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.

To argue otherwise is ignorant and unfounded.

Just as Justice Scalia stated in Heller...

2. Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

I am afraid that I will have to retract my statement. There are gun grabbers. My brother, at a age 16 was playing Matt Dillan in the woods, practicing his fast draw. He grabbed his 22 colt, and shot himself in the leg. I almost forgot about that.

Your brother sounds like a real genius.

Oh, he is! Now he is a rabid supporter of the NRA! He hasn't shot himself in the leg since! I do feel a little sorry for the squirrels in his neck of the woods, though. There are none, anymore.....

Oh, he is! Now he is a rabid supporter of the NRA! He hasn't shot himself in the leg since!

At least he sounds capable of learning..

I think it is clear there is angry and crazy ones on both sides. Winterborn, 2A, and Missourian and others are always good gentlemen in discussions. Others like ChrisL go right to name calling and other childish garbage. She really makes gun owners look bad while I think the others show everyone isn't a gun nut.

On there other side at the extreme there is that guy who is happy when a gun owner is killed and thinks they all should be. Clearly a nut.

Oh, he is! Now he is a rabid supporter of the NRA! He hasn't shot himself in the leg since!

I asked him about it once. He told me that it is always squirrel season in Texas.

I find it funny this is about angry anti gunners and the person ranting and name calling and hating is the pro gun nut.

Hey Brain. Good to see ya.

Ready for another head to head?

Oh I'm always ready. Haven't seen much of you though. You avoiding this?

The thing I'm mostly getting yelled at lately is if colleges should be forced to allow firearms. My feeling is it should be up to the college just like it is up to the student to pick a college. I don't like the idea of the government forcing it upon them. For this I have been called a lot of names. haha

I asked him about it once. He told me that it is always squirrel season in Texas.

So your brothers a squirrel?

No, squirrels are unarmed. My brother is always armed. In fact, he stopped flying because of that.

No, squirrels are unarmed. My brother is always armed. In fact, he stopped flying because of that.

Someone should tell him there are ways to fly and still bring your firearm.
Firearms and Ammunition Transportation Security Administration

This looks at the anger and the general rude behavior of some anti gun people...it explains where that comes from......

Here s Why Gun Grabbers Are So Nasty - The Truth About Guns

We’ve noted for a while now how nasty the forces of civilian disarmament have become in recent years. Since their failure to significantly move the anti-gun needle after Newtown — an opportunity they saw as a sure thing for rolling back Second Amendment rights — the gun-grabbing community seems to have ratcheted up (or down, really) the venom and vulgarity. One of our readers, Ozallos, posited the following theory under our post, ‘Why Are Anti-Gunners So Vile? – ConcealedNation.org Reads Their Hate Mail’ . . .

Ok, here’s the deal. You own a gun. They don’t. Or by their very ethos can’t. You have taken the responsibility of security upon yourself and are secure in that fact. Again, they aren’t. You’re a threat to the philosophy they believe in and there are very few ways they have in order to express that frustration. First, they must have somebody else take your guns. Empowering somebody else with guns to take your guns is hypocritical at its very core, but seen as a necessary evil . . .

The ends justify the means and if a few eggs need to be broken, /shrug. You need to burn the village idiot to save him or something.

Angry people aren't thinking clearly. If they were, they'd no more blame firearms for violence than they do cars for drunk driving accidents.

Nice sounding analogy but most adults need a car but hardly anyone really needs a gun. And for the irrational and lazy, guns are too easy an out for solving a temporary problem.

Yes....how long does a rape have to take for it to be a temporary problem? Or a beating, or a stabbing, or a murder......

I'm not sure what your logic is, if there is any, but most shootings are by assailants rather than would-be victims.

GUN VIOLENCE ARCHIVE 2015 TOLL OF GUN VIOLENCE
  • Total Number of Incidents: 9,226
  • Number of Deaths1: 2,575
  • Number of Injuries1: 4,373
  • Number of Children (age 0-11) Killed/Injured1: 120
  • Number of Teens (age 12-17) Killed/Injured1: 448
  • Mass Shooting2: 52
  • Officer Involved Shooting2: 908
  • Home Invasion2: 452
  • Defensive Use2: 258
  • Accidental Shooting2: 441
Gun Violence Archive

Another lie. All you people can do is lie. Dr. Kleck started off being anti-gun until he realized he was wrong. A reasonable and honest person, he changed his perspectives based upon the FACTS.

Guns and Self-Defense by Gary Kleck Ph.D.

The National Self-Defense Survey indicated that there were 2.5 million incidents of defensive gun use per year in the U.S. during the 1988-1993 period. This is probably a conservative estimate, for two reasons. First, cases of respondents intentionally withholding reports of genuine defensive-gun uses were probably more common than cases of respondents reporting incidents that did not occur or that were not genuinely defensive. Second, the survey covered only adults age 18 and older, thereby excluding all defensive gun uses involving adolescents, the age group most likely to suffer a violent victimization.

The authors concluded that defensive uses of guns are about three to four times as common as criminal uses of guns. The National Self-Defense Survey confirmed the picture of frequent defensive gun use implied by the results of earlier, less sophisticated surveys.

A national survey conducted in 1994 by the Police Foundation and sponsored by the National Institute of Justice almost exactly confirmed the estimates from the National Self-Defense Survey. This survey's person-based estimate was that 1.44% of the adult population had used a gun for protection against a person in the previous year, implying 2.73 million defensive gun users. These results were well within sampling error of the corresponding 1.33% and 2.55 million estimates produced by the National Self-Defense Survey.

Forum List

Back