Why are blacks generally poor?

No.

It's the same reason many (as in most) of the rich folks in this country are so rich.

Inheritance.

It works both ways.

You can inherit poverty as well.

Why are blacks generally poor? All I can come up with is they just don't care to educate themselves and work hard.

Am I right?

No, you are not. If you understand the definition of the word "generally", it is defined as "in most cases, or as a whole".

The majority of the black populations does not live below the poverty level.

That being said, let's wait for a few minutes for the rest of our cartoon pals to surface and state that those who are not poor rely on welfare, free stuff(whatever that means) and the white population.

SMGDH.

No.

It's the same reason many (as in most) of the rich folks in this country are so rich.

Inheritance.

It works both ways.

:eusa_eh:

No immigrants to the USA ever became more wealthy than their parents?

I did not realise there were so many Irish and Italian slums.

:lol:

No.

Inheritance.

It works both ways.

That is patently false. First of all, the vast majority of wealthy people are self made. Second, blacks are poor because 75% of them are born out of wedlock which is by far and large the number one reason people grow up in poverty.

Why are blacks generally poor? All I can come up with is they just don't care to educate themselves and work hard.

Am I right?

No, you are not. If you understand the definition of the word "generally", it is defined as "in most cases, or as a whole".

That being said, let's wait for a few minutes for the rest of our cartoon pals to surface and state that those who are not poor rely on welfare, free stuff(whatever that means) and the white population.

SMGDH.
Link/proof?

No.

Inheritance.

It works both ways.

:eusa_eh:

No immigrants to the USA ever became more wealthy than their parents?

I did not realise there were so many Irish and Italian slums.

:lol:

You should visit Southie some time, but yes, generally you're correct.

Am I right?

Here's your predominantly black mentality...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDEKmI7qKKQ]Entitlement Mentality Gone Wild - YouTube[/ame]

Am I right?

I think you're poor. Generally, hicks like you are. Generally, you know...

:lmao:

Your insistance on killing the messanger rather than debating the message speaks volumes.

First, I question the premise: Blacks are NOT "generally poor."

IMHO Black American poverty rate is higher per capita than any other race, however, this does not mean the same thing as ALL blacks are "generally poor."

There is one very significant difference between the black race in the USA and other racial groups: they were enslaved. While I agree that the white majority has done almost everything possible to balance this social handicap, it will still take time before blacks completely recover. This length of this recovery time is now only a function of how quickly blacks can assimilate themselves into the general population.

The assimilation process has always been quickest for groups willing to adopt standard cultural norms. This has been true for all minorities, and blacks will be no exception. Until blacks have leaders that adopt this inclusive, rather than exclusive strategy, they will delay the assimilation process, and continue to have higher per capita poverty rates.

Am I right?

SMGDH.
Link/proof?

There is not a race in America based on statistics whose majority lives below poverty level.

Poverty in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SMGDH.
Link/proof?

There is not a race in America based on statistics whose majority lives below poverty level.

Poverty in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Correct.

I'm astonished this would need to be spelled out to anyone.

The US Census declared that in 2010 15.1% of the general population lived in poverty:[35]
9.9% of all non-Hispanic white persons
12.1% of all Asian persons
26.6% of all Hispanic persons (of any race)
27.4% of all black persons.

About half of those living in poverty are non-Hispanic white (19.6 million in 2010),[35] but poverty rates are much higher for blacks and Hispanics. Non-Hispanic white children comprised 57% of all poor rural children.[36]

In FY 2009, black families comprised 33.3% of TANF families, non-Hispanic white families comprised 31.2%, and 28.8% were Hispanic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back