Why are churches locked at night Time in America?

I remember talking with the lady I went out with from Brazil. She couldn’t understand why our churches in Buffalo are locked at night time. She says in Brazil they’re open 24 7.

Vampires. There has to be a priest, rabbi, or hippie in the building or else it doesn't naturally repel them.
Further, be careful. There are a small number of churches with doors intentionally open, naturally drawing vampires in. Then they meet...this!

the_sister_of_battle_by_lordhannu_d53zevy-pre.jpg
where did you get this pic of my ex girlfriend.....she looks tough but one look at my package and she became putty in my hands I dumped her though after she farted so much in bed

Church's doors are locked because of crime. The same reason you lock your doors at night.

"...people can go in there and pray when they want as they should be able to" is ridiculous. People can pray where ever they want. No one is prevented from praying because they cannot enter a church.
With all respect, is this some kind of a trolling on purpose post ?? it’s almost as if you did not read the original post or care to comment on the fact that other countries don’t have this phenomenon. This isn’t how it is in Brazil or in Russia …. Churches there are open 24 seven people can walk in whenever they want to pray. So again, no disrespect to you, but I don’t understand why Biden supporters or Trump critics like you engage in this type of posting. There’s no reason for it.

You know the answer.

Because we don't have any American values, pride, morals and standards anymore. We let criminals and dopeheads and nutballs run around and don't punish them properly, discourage them, or seperate them from society.

And because our society as a whole abandoned the idea of God and being a decent person.

Even an atheist should realize religion is important because while they may not practice it it's still important to a society. It keeps a lot of people teetering on the edge of doing bad things from tipping over the edge. Not everyone can have a good moral compass all on their own, a lot of people need something to believe in, even if they don't truly believe it.

Not to mention we have too many religions imported from foriengers now that polite our otherwise christian based country. America needs to be a Christian nation.

You know the answer.

Because we don't have any American values, pride, morals and standards anymore. We let criminals and dopeheads and nutballs run around and don't punish them properly, discourage them, or seperate them from society.

And because our society as a whole abandoned the idea of God and being a decent person.

Even an atheist should realize religion is important because while they may not practice it it's still important to a society. It keeps a lot of people teetering on the edge of doing bad things from tipping over the edge. Not everyone can have a good moral compass all on their own, a lot of people need something to believe in, even if they don't truly believe it.

Not to mention we have too many religions imported from foriengers now that polite our otherwise christian based country. America needs to be a Christian nation.
We had a story here of a Catholic nun from Buffalo New York, who was part of the response to love center in Buffalo... Which helps poor people. Well, there were a number of people who tried to rob the center. .. imagine that for a moment of what type of godless person it takes to attempt to Rob that type of place.

It made me proud to be a citizen of buffalo to see how this nun stood up for what was right. I actually have met this nun a few years ago. She dedicates her life to our Lord Jesus, serving the poor she serves and helps poor people from all sorts of backgrounds for Muslim’s, atheists and fellow Catholics.

I agree with you 100% that it is very important and helpful to believe in something. To believe in God. It definitely serves as a counter to depression, there’s somebody wanting to kill themselves.

And to think that we are living in a country where you have adults who think it’s fine for drag queens to present storytimes to children. There is nothing acceptable about that. That’s not even about tolerance that is terrible for society , itcannot be tolerated.

We have Democrat politicians, and perhaps even Republicans who thinks it’s fine for a grown adult male to go into a ladies bathroom. These types of things aren’t moral and encourage further degradation of society. And they have to be countered. I do believe that they will be countered in time.

The optimism of the 1960s has been replaced by rampant crime committed by individuals who brazenly steal anything they want and have no reverence for anything, even church buildings.

I was an acolyte at my church in the 1960s. On a few occasions I got there too early and the sanctuary was locked. This is in the suburbs in Tuscaloosa AL, not some urban hellhole. Churches have been locking their doors for decades.

I see this all over the place at least here in Buffalo. All of the churches are locked up at night time. I even see it with one of the mosques in Lackawanna. There’s a a padlock on it.

It’s not like this in South America and in Russia, there the churches are open 24/7 …people can go in there and pray when they want as they should be able to.
To keep the homeless out, as Jesus preached.

This is not recent, but has been going on for decades.

The real estate is too valuable to allow it be occupied by those in desperate need, especially in winter.

Have you verified the claim that churches in Brazil/South America are always open?

And Russia?

I was an acolyte at my church in the 1960s. On a few occasions I got there too early and the sanctuary was locked. This is in the suburbs in Tuscaloosa AL, not some urban hellhole. Churches have been locking their doors for decades.
It's what Jesus would do.

To keep the homeless out, as Jesus preached.

This is not recent, but has been going on for decades.

The real estate is too valuable to allow it be occupied by those in desperate need, especially in winter.

Have you verified the claim that churches in Brazil/South America are always open?

And Russia?
It is very interesting that I have spoken with a lady from Russia saying to me very specifically “why are churches in Buffalo closed when in Moscow they’re open 24 7. “? It’s the same thing with the lady I met from Brazil. Obviously, they know what they saw with their own two eyes.

And so in Christianity. It is preached by our Lord Jesus to help homeless people to give them shelter. That was done all throughout the crusades. You could look at my signature, and you could look at the link, which, in vivid detail in great detail, brings you the fact that throughout the middle ages, safe passage was given to people who sought shelter in a church.

But as for the lady from Brazil. Yes, she explains to me as she knows growing up in her city in Brazil. churches are open 24 hours seven days a week. So that’s enough for me. and if you want to provide some kind of a troll response in response to it, if you want to say well, that’s not proof I don’t care. It’s obvious that there’s a difference between what’s going on in Brazil, Russia compared to America when it comes to churches. And I’ve asked other people in this thread. Maybe they grew up in the south or the west in their churches are open 24 seven, let’s hear from them.

And I see your post Here is problematic and some of your other posts with me are problematic. I’ve done nothing but praise you and click on that agree button or thumbs up button. So for you to say a sarcastic comment is unacceptable.

Why be in the thread .. you know it’s OK to have some minor disagreements without resorting to personal attacks or sarcasm as you have Done with me numerous occasions recently..

Jesus preached to help homeless people. I can see you’re probably an atheist. And you know maybe you should respect other people. I respect Muslims. I respect Hindus. I wouldn’t go up to a Muslim and denigrate their religion. I don’t believe it acting like that. I really can’t believe this comment of yours about Jesus and homeless people. I don’t worry im a Catholic and I will continue to like many of your post because we have a lot more in common than we don’t. Hopefully you can treat me the same way and show me the respect that I am entitled to as I show you the respect you are entitled to

I see this all over the place at least here in Buffalo. All of the churches are locked up at night time. I even see it with one of the mosques in Lackawanna. There’s a a padlock on it.

It’s not like this in South America and in Russia, there the churches are open 24/7 …people can go in there and pray when they want as they should be able to.

Because we do everything on the cheap. Our shit is flammable. You guys build churches out of concrete and stone that would take a volcano to burn. Ours are wood and cloth saturated in cologne and hairspray. I am surprised static electricity doesn't burn them down on Sunday when you mix in all the polyester clothes scooting about the pews.

It is very interesting that I have spoken with a lady from Russia saying to me very specifically “why are churches in Buffalo closed when in Moscow they’re open 24 7. “? It’s the same thing with the lady I met from Brazil. Obviously, they know what they saw with their own two eyes.
So you haven't verified their claim?
And so in Christianity. It is preached by our Lord Jesus to help homeless people to give them shelter. That was done all throughout the crusades.
You need to learn more about the Crusades, bra.
You could look at my signature, and you could look at the link, which, in vivid detail in great detail, brings you the fact that throughout the middle ages, safe passage was given to people who sought shelter in a church.

But as for the lady from Brazil. Yes, she explains to me as she knows growing up in her city in Brazil. churches are open 24 hours seven days a week. So that’s enough for me. and if you want to provide some kind of a troll response in response to it, if you want to say well, that’s not proof I don’t care.
One woman making a claim doesn't make it so, FR.
It’s obvious that there’s a difference between what’s going on in Brazil, Russia compared to America when it comes to churches. And I’ve asked other people in this thread. Maybe they grew up in the south or the west in their churches are open 24 seven, let’s hear from them.
Numerous posters have said this has been going on for decades.
And I see your post Here is problematic and some of your other posts with me are problematic.
Problematic...
I’ve done nothing but praise you and click on that agree button or thumbs up button. So for you to say a sarcastic comment is unacceptable.
I don't think you're a bad person, but your posts can be absurd and illogical.

And I frequently call stuff like this out.

You can grow and learn, or feel sorry for yourself.
Why be in the thread .. you know it’s OK to have some minor disagreements without resorting to personal attacks or sarcasm as you have Done with me numerous occasions recently..
If you can't stand the heat...
Jesus preached to help homeless people.
Yes.
I can see you’re probably an atheist.
No.
And you know maybe you should respect other people.
Maybe you should work on this if it concerns you.
I respect Muslims. I respect Hindus.
Me too. :)
I wouldn’t go up to a Muslim and denigrate their religion. I don’t believe it acting like that.
Good.
I really can’t believe this comment of yours about Jesus and homeless people.
Dude.

Chill.

If you're not aware the churches care more about real estate than the teachings of Jesus, you need to get out more.

Or maybe stay home and read the Bible.

Jesus railed against the greed and hypocrisy of the Temple, and little has changed.
I don’t worry im a Catholic and I will continue to like many of your post because we have a lot more in common than we don’t.
I genuinely appreciate that, and I don't think you're a bad person, just confused at times, and often down the RW rabbit hole.
Hopefully you can treat me the same way and show me the respect that I am entitled to as I show you the respect you are entitled to
I am who I am, and I appreciate that you are who you are.

But mind those rabbit holes! :eek:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back