Why are Lesbians so fat? $1.5M tax money is finding out!!!

It should be everybody's talking point. It's a gross waste of tax dollars, particularly after we were just warned about the "dire" affects of Sequester.

The fact that you're mocking people for being concerned about government waste puts you in more negative light than the "nutters."

You know its waste without knowing why the study exists in the first place? Amazing...I guess every study is considered waste as long as:
1. you dont understand it and
2. you dont want to understand it

:doubt:

WHY it exists is irrelevant.. That the GOVERNMENT, not an association, private group, etc is funding it IS the point.. the fact that it is being funded like this while we are MASSIVELY in deficit and debt IS the point

It should be everybody's talking point. It's a gross waste of tax dollars, particularly after we were just warned about the "dire" affects of Sequester.

The fact that you're mocking people for being concerned about government waste puts you in more negative light than the "nutters."

You know its waste without knowing why the study exists in the first place? Amazing...I guess every study is considered waste as long as:

WHY it exists is irrelevant.. That the GOVERNMENT, not an association, private group, etc is funding it IS the point.. the fact that it is being funded like this while we are MASSIVELY in deficit and debt IS the point

Well understanding why people are obese is a govt issue ... unless you doubt healthcare is interstate commerce .... but the point is more that what could this study possibly prove. Being a lesbian tends to make you less well? Well fine and dandy, let's find a cure for lesbianism. Facepalm.

Well understanding why people are obese is a govt issue ... unless you doubt healthcare is interstate commerce .... but the point is more that what could this study possibly prove. Being a lesbian tends to make you less well? Well fine and dandy, let's find a cure for lesbianism. Facepalm.

Pray the gay away. It... kinda worked for Marcus Bachmann.

I suppose it could STRETCHED... that misinformed defenders would say "well it is Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"
but that is from the Declaration of Independence and not from the Constitution!

So where is it in the Constitution would studies like Obese Lesbians fall?
“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union,
establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. “

So it appears the Government has from the Preamble the instructions that cover these studies because as much as we may not want to face it, Obese Lesbians are Americans that need Justice, have tranquility and their general welfare!

So it seems to be a legitimate expenditure BUT as most of us are finding is it necessarily something that should be done over tours of the WH?
Over furloughing employees, over at least taking the Inspector Generals to stop the annual $67 billion a year in total waste.

I'll agree that studies like this do not need to be funded by the government and Congress could have addressed things like this...if the sequester hadn't gone into effect which targets specific programs and gives zero latitude to addressing actual waste.

Then enlighten us on why you think it's so important.

Although the point isn't whether it's important or not; it's that our tax dollars shouldn't be paying for it. If you think it's important feel free to send them your own money. I think I'll pass.

Last edited:

Pray the gay away. It... kinda worked for Marcus Bachmann.

Now hold the phone for a sec and let's work with this. If all we straight males went gay, most of us fatties would get fit to attract hot guys. And if all the gay women went straight, a lot of them would get fit to attract straight men. Ahhh, never mind.

Are fat chicks lesbians because they are fat, or, are lesbians fat because they are lesbians?

I dunno man...

I'll agree that studies like this do not need to be funded by the government and Congress could have addressed things like this...if the sequester hadn't gone into effect which targets specific programs and gives zero latitude to addressing actual waste.

The "SEQUESTER" was in place in 2011!
under this:
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the 2011 United States debt-ceiling crisis, which had threatened to lead the United States into sovereign default on or around August 3, 2011.
The law involves the introduction of several complex mechanisms, such as creation of the Congressional Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction (sometimes called the "super committee"),[1] options for a balanced budget amendment and automatic budget sequestration.
Budget Control Act of 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under the sequester rules for example this tax money will be cut:
Under sequestration, NIH’s budget would decrease by $2.5 billion. NIH Director Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., has said the reduction in funding could translate to about 2,300 fewer grants in fiscal 2013.
https://www.aamc.org/newsroom/reporter/october2012/308502/sequestration.html

Maybe idiotic nonsense grants like the above will be cut!

I know, You dont get it and dont care to listen...Ignorance is bliss.

I know, You dont get it and dont care to listen...Ignorance is bliss.

Can you tell us what's so important about this study then?

I know thats why I know better than to look it up....you already dont care and already think its a waste. Nothing will change that and I save time that way

Yeah, well....read the article and you'll see that funding began in 2011 and was re-authorized last year, before sequester ever happened. You'll also see that future funding can't be assured because of sequester.

In other words, y'all are taking everything totally out of context and trying to make it another OMG! OBAMA thread.

Of course, that's not a surprise because EVERYTHING is about Obama to you loons.

This is what you get when you buy into the "obesity crisis." Endless studies, endless research with predetermined conclusions and ALL of it paid for by your tax dollars.

Didn't y'all learn anything from the smoking "crisis?" It isn't about health, it's about access to the treasury!

Forum List

Back