Why are Lesbians so fat? $1.5M tax money is finding out!!!

Dave, you're almost there buddy. Now who do you think find this important? The next question is...why?

It is of ZERO consequence, you ignoramus

It has zero to do with the running of government and the things government is actually supposed to do (defense, etc)... it has ZERO business being funded by government.. you want to fund it by a grant given by some alumni at whatever university, so be it.. knock yourself out...

Dave, you're almost there buddy. Now who do you think find this important? The next question is...why?

It has zero to do with the running of government and the things government is actually supposed to do (defense, etc)... it has ZERO business being funded by government.. you want to fund it by a grant given by some alumni at whatever university, so be it.. knock yourself out...

Just pretend to be curious and maybe it has something to do with the function of govt. Maybe.

Just pretend to be curious and maybe it has something to do with the function of govt. Maybe.

Uhhuh.. yeah... it is critically needed to run government.. especially when we are a tril in deficit and 17 tril in debt :rolleyes:

You are fucking laughable

The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has awarded $1.5 million to study biological and social factors for why “three-quarters” of lesbians are obese and why gay males are not, calling it an issue of “high public-health significance."

Feds Spend $1.5 Million to Study Why Lesbians Are Fat | CNS News

And we close the WH to tours???

Some of the toughest sequester spending decisions involve taxpayer-financed research, where funding today can produce huge benefits tomorrow —
but can the government really afford to spend $227,437 to study pictures of animals in National Geographic magazines?
That is one of the 164 grants the National Science Foundation approved last week as it sought to balance its research mission with less funding that means the independent agency will award about 1,000 fewer projects with taxpayer money this year.

Sequester spending: Feds pay $227,000 to study magazine photographs - Washington Times

Priorities Priorities Priorities

Then there's the White House calligraphers that cost $277,000 a year when there's a computer software program that costs $20 or $40 that could do the same job.

"Maybe" is not a good enough reason to run $1T deficits and to borrow 30%+ of every dollar the government spends.

Uhhuh.. yeah... it is critically needed to run government.. especially when we are a tril in deficit and 17 tril in debt :rolleyes:

Ok, so you just want to be mad. Got it! Carry on

I can't find any source for this besides right-wing propaganda rags.

Is there a credible source for this out there?

All I see is the same story from "CNS News" repeated over and over on various right-wing sites, with no links to the source material.

I have been looking for the grant from which CNS News has extensive quotes, but have not found it.

However, I did find the web page of the researcher who supposedly received the grant:

Research Overview

S. Bryn Austin's primary research is in the behavioral sciences and social epidemiology, addressing social and physical environmental influences on physical activity, nutritional patterns, and eating disorders risk in school and community settings. In addition, her research interests include lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender adolescent health.

The principal goals of her research are to:

Identify the critical factors in the social and physical school and community environments affecting adolescent nutrition, physical activity and eating disorders.

Design and evaluate school- and community-based preventive interventions to reduce risk of disordered weight control behaviors.

Examine sexual orientation group disparities in health in adolescence and identify determinants with the goal of eliminating these disparities.

Seems to fit.

No.. I want the government to be fiscally responsible and only spending on the things it is SUPPOSED to spend on.. unlike you and your fucking progressive ilk

"Maybe" is not a good enough reason to run $1T deficits and to borrow 30%+ of every dollar the government spends.

I agree, thats why I said just ask the questions every child is taught to find out. Who, what, when, where and why.

I'm not taking either side...it could be a waste or it could be important. Why not find out before taking one side or the other, right?

I can't find any source for this besides right-wing propaganda rags.

Is there a credible source for this out there?

All I see is the same story from "CNS News" repeated over and over on various right-wing sites, with no links to the source material.

Feds spend $1.5m to study lesbian obesity
Feds spend $1.5m to study lesbian obesity - Washington Times

AUSTERITY! FEDS SPEND $1.5 MILLION TO STUDY OBESE LESBIANS
Austerity! Feds Spend $1.5 million to Study Obese Lesbians

I know it is very hard to find stuff on the internet!
I did google NIH grant study lesbian obesity About 6,990,000 results

Either you are a productive person with such a low sense of self-worth that you do not care that the government spends a portion of your life on utterly worthless crap...or you are a parasite.

In either case, you are an idiot.

Berlan and Austin hope to conduct a more detailed follow-up study to better understand how bullying affects health outcomes. "We know that, in general, sexual minorities are more likely to smoke, drink, use drugs and have eating disorders and depression," says Austin. "We suspect that social isolation, harassment, bullying and sometimes frank violence against these adolescents may be an explanation."

Children's Hospital Boston presents at the <br>Society for Adolescent Medicine Annual Meeting - News Room - Children's Hospital Boston

No.. I want the government to be fiscally responsible and only spending on the things it is SUPPOSED to spend on.. unlike you and your fucking progressive ilk

But you dont want to find out if govt is spending on things they are supposed too? No problem Dave, rant on dude

Either you are a productive person with such a low sense of self-worth that you do not care that the government spends a portion of your life on utterly worthless crap...or you are a parasite.

In either case, you are an idiot.

Geez, shouldnt you at least confirm it's utterly useless before proclaiming it so?

I'll agree that studies like this do not need to be funded by the government and Congress could have addressed things like this...if the sequester hadn't gone into effect which targets specific programs and gives zero latitude to addressing actual waste.

Did you type that with a straight face?

Because there ain't no way on this planet that this Administration is gonna voluntarily not spend money on bullshit.

For the record, I am undecided as to the value of the research under discussion - because I don't know what the study forms part of... more often than not, they are part of a larger - and quite valuable - research project and without these smaller, more controversial, studies... the value of that overall research is diminished.

But - unlike many (left and right), I actually understand research.

You should research this Administration's spending then...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...facebook-post-says-barack-obama-has-lowest-s/

I'll agree that studies like this do not need to be funded by the government and Congress could have addressed things like this...if the sequester hadn't gone into effect which targets specific programs and gives zero latitude to addressing actual waste.

Because there ain't no way on this planet that this Administration is gonna voluntarily not spend money on bullshit.

For the record, I am undecided as to the value of the research under discussion - because I don't know what the study forms part of... more often than not, they are part of a larger - and quite valuable - research project and without these smaller, more controversial, studies... the value of that overall research is diminished.

Seriously, the research could have some relevancy to societal norms and individual behavior to comply, but the whole topic is wonderfully absurd.

I know. I've seen this kind of shit before - on the face of it, it looks like a moronic waste of money. More often than not, it is actually quite the opposite. Since I cannot be arsed to investigate, I shall just snicker at it.

If the research was valuable, would it need to be funded by the government?

Can we tax fat lesbians to pay for it? Perhaps limit them to 16 oz beverages...

Last edited:

PolitiFact | Viral Facebook post says Barack Obama has lowest spending record of any recent president

You and I have completely different standards when it comes to defining the word 'research'. Mine is academic, yours appears to be google.

PolitiFact | Viral Facebook post says Barack Obama has lowest spending record of any recent president

You and I have completely different standards when it comes to defining the word 'research'. Mine is academic, yours appears to be google.

So your research has come to a different conclusion? Cite your sources.

No Beck :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back