🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are our ballots printed in Spanish? Don’t real Americans read, write and speak English?

Yeah, it is the same way in Ajijic and Lake Chapala east of Guadalajara..
All those ex-pats from America, Canada, Britain, Australia, etc......well, a lot of them speak English as their first language, and take lesson to learn the language of Spain and Mexico and Argentina, etc.
Check it out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, I seldom lie.
Though, occasionally I may stretch-the-blanket a bit.
But aside from my rare...but real...weakness to say my pike was the biggest, my rutabagas were the greatest, or my gumbo is the best.....well, one thing I know, poster Weather53, is that my ancestors who arrived from Germany in the late 1830's mostly spoke Deutsch in their homes, at the mill, in the biergarten, in the grocery, church, and schools until about 1918 when sentiment against Germans due to WWI discouraged the formerly open use of German language in many public venues. But it didn't go away. It is still, to this day, spoken in some homes.

My grandparents, born in the 1880's here in America always spoke German. I remember it vividly. In fact, when my grandmother bought a defunct tavern to turn it into a biergarten in 1934 when Prohibition was repealed she asked her staff and her patrons to speak English rather than Deutsch. This is nearly 100 years after the ancestors came to America.

So, your assertion --"Anybody who says their grandparents continued to speak the home language after arriving here before 1980 is Lying."

Well, I would respectfully demur.
Drop the fake speak

Yeah, it is the same way in Ajijic and Lake Chapala east of Guadalajara..
All those ex-pats from America, Canada, Britain, Australia, etc......well, a lot of them speak English as their first language, and take lesson to learn the language of Spain and Mexico and Argentina, etc.
Check it out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, I seldom lie.
Though, occasionally I may stretch-the-blanket a bit.
But aside from my rare...but real...weakness to say my pike was the biggest, my rutabagas were the greatest, or my gumbo is the best.....well, one thing I know, poster Weather53, is that my ancestors who arrived from Germany in the late 1830's mostly spoke Deutsch in their homes, at the mill, in the biergarten, in the grocery, church, and schools until about 1918 when sentiment against Germans due to WWI discouraged the formerly open use of German language in many public venues. But it didn't go away. It is still, to this day, spoken in some homes.

My grandparents, born in the 1880's here in America always spoke German. I remember it vividly. In fact, when my grandmother bought a defunct tavern to turn it into a biergarten in 1934 when Prohibition was repealed she asked her staff and her patrons to speak English rather than Deutsch. This is nearly 100 years after the ancestors came to America.

So, your assertion --"Anybody who says their grandparents continued to speak the home language after arriving here before 1980 is Lying."

Well, I would respectfully demur.
It is highly improbable your people of 1880-1980 did not learn English. Experience proves otherwise but sweet little tale of woe of how you are being scriminated upon.

I went to a big box discount store recently, just moved into the area and had to drive 40 miles to get to it, so it's closer to a larger urban area. I did not hear one person speaking English the entire time I was there, just walking up and down the aisles. English won't be the main language in the US for much longer, the 'American culture' is dying, it can't withstand what's being done to it today. Lefties will defend any other culture in the world and talk about how important it is for any other culture to be able to maintain their traditions and integrity, they should be revered, but not American culture, American culture is to be disrespected and destroyed.
Spanish IS part of our American culture and has been in about a third of country ever since those territories were added to our country. Why do you disrespect it?

In other words…you can’t really logically explain why an english [sic] speaking nation should print their election ballots for Mexico’s people?
We print ballots for AMERICA'S people, dummy.

Unkotare like all FEELZ people can’t ever articulate or rationalize their position because their positions on most matters are rooted in their FEELZ. Emotional fools are embarrassed by their FEELZ, they can’t tell a wise, sane, rational person that they have taken X position because their emotions make them do so.
Once again, fear is FEEEELZ, loser.

Everything should be in English in America because it's our predominantly used language and the language of the people who founded the country and what the vast majority of Americans speak.
You want people to vote without understanding exactly what they are voting for?

Not your "observations," your insecurities.
It has nothing to do with insecurities, but you go ahead and believe you’re the better/bigger person talking down to little old me who has no understanding of the world at large. 🙄 Whatever makes your ego bigger, right? 🤡

Spanish IS part of our American culture and has been in about a third of country ever since those territories were added to our country. Why do you disrespect it?
How am I disrespecting it? I guarantee you that if I moved to a country that spoke a different language and refused to learn or speak that language, you’d be the first in line calling me a stupid American who’s disrespectful of their culture. 100% You have zero respect for American culture, you’d trash it to defend any other culture so you could feel like you’re ultra progressive, it's all about your own ego.

Forum List

Back