🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are our ballots printed in Spanish? Don’t real Americans read, write and speak English?

LefTard Logic:
”Election ballots in America should be printed in Diné Bizaad because because because indigenous people and not because it’s sensible to do so.”
Ballots are printed in Spanish because there are American citizens who speak only Spanish.

Ballots in Spanish are perfectly appropriate and warranted.

That you and others on the hateful, bigoted right don’t like that fact is thankfully irrelevant.

Ballots are printed in Spanish because there are American citizens who speak only Spanish.

Ballots in Spanish are perfectly appropriate and warranted.

That you and others on the hateful, bigoted right don’t like that fact is thankfully irrelevant.
Yes speaking the language of the country you flocked to is just asking too much of insipid losers.

1565: St. Augustine Florida. Spain
1682: Louisiana. France
You dudes were late to the party pal! :cheers2:
You’re doing a damn good job helping me prove my point….thanks. Why do you suppose no ballots are printed in French?
Can you post Spains and Frances documents laying claim to America? Do you need me to post our Declaration Of Independence and founding documents?

You’re doing a damn good job helping me prove my point….thanks. Why do you suppose no ballots are printed in French?
Can you post Spains and Frances documents laying claim to America? Do you need me to post our Declaration Of Independence and founding documents?

Didn't you even have 5th grade social studies?

The richest in America are the most successful. It's not like England where one has to be in a family tree to be rich. Plenty of blue collar guys have become rich in America. America offers equality of opportunity. Take it or leave it. No one cares WTF you do. We are individuals. I am out to outperform you. Grow the fuck up!
Most White Americans Are Born in the Dugout and Made to Believe They've Been Benched

English won't be the main language in the US for much longer, the 'American culture' is dying, it can't withstand what's being done to it today.
Before They Could Stab Us in the Back, They Had to Take Away Our Backbone

If it's dying, it's being murdered. We far outnumber and outgun the 1% that never does the perp walk, so we could save ourselves from the imminent collapse and disappearance of the Great White Way if we'd only man up and take the ambidextrous upper class down.

You could say something sensible and tell us why a nation that insists that CITIZENS speak, read and write english would print election ballots in Mexico’s language but you can’t so you won’t…..Cut to the chase and scream “RACIST” at the sky. That’s what Unkotare would do.

Because this nation does not insist that its immigrant citizens speak, read, and write English beyond a basic level. That alone would eliminate most of the membership of USMB.

Here's the thing...

There is not a country on this planet with a more diverse citizenship that the United States. There are probably more languages spoken in this country than in any other country on the globe. Just because an immigrant is required to meet a basic level of understanding the English language does not mean they are comfortable speaking it, often times they are self-conscious when speaking a language other than their native tongue. Just because they are required to meet a basic level of understanding the English language does not mean they comprehend or understand all that they read. The English language is not the easiest to learn and understand if it is not your first language. For this reason, we provide ballots in as many languages as possible in order to facilitate ease of voting for legal immigrant citizens of the United States. They have the right to vote just like you or I, and they have the right to understand what it is they are voting for.

Anybody who says their grandparents continued to speak the home language after arriving here before 1980 is Lying.
Legal immigrants considered it a challenge, honor and Obligation to learn the native tongue. That gradually eroded thru the continuos lib loon obsession to “make it easy”
When it’s easy, it’s not worthy
When it takes considerable effort, it is worthy.

Anybody who says their grandparents continued to speak the home language after arriving here before 1980 is Lying.
Legal immigrants considered it a challenge, honor and Obligation to learn the native tongue. That gradually eroded thru the continuos lib loon obsession to “make it easy”
When it’s easy, it’s not worthy
When it takes considerable effort, it is worthy.
Exactly

How many nations print ballots in multiple languages?
Isn’t it a real bad look? But but but DEMOCRACY!!

Everything should be in English in America because it's our predominantly used language and the language of the people who founded the country and what the vast majority of Americans speak.

If you go to another country and become a citizen you should have to conform to that country and society and not expect it to conform to you.

Like in Switzerland to become a citizen one of the things you have to do is fluently speak the language. You can't become a citizen if you don't.

And if you can't speak and read English, you have no business voting in our elections.

These feelings bums feel effort is discrimination. If it’s a bit of work or stress then it’s unfair(feeling) to force (feeling) those who demand (feeling) to be in America to speak English.

a good majority of those not born here speak their native tongue.
Yeah, it is the same way in Ajijic and Lake Chapala east of Guadalajara..
All those ex-pats from America, Canada, Britain, Australia, etc......well, a lot of them speak English as their first language, and take lesson to learn the language of Spain and Mexico and Argentina, etc.
Check it out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anybody who says their grandparents continued to speak the home language after arriving here before 1980 is Lying."
Umm, I seldom lie.
Though, occasionally I may stretch-the-blanket a bit.
But aside from my rare...but real...weakness to say my pike was the biggest, my rutabagas were the greatest, or my gumbo is the best.....well, one thing I know, poster Weather53, is that my ancestors who arrived from Germany in the late 1830's mostly spoke Deutsch in their homes, at the mill, in the biergarten, in the grocery, church, and schools until about 1918 when sentiment against Germans due to WWI discouraged the formerly open use of German language in many public venues. But it didn't go away. It is still, to this day, spoken in some homes.

My grandparents, born in the 1880's here in America always spoke German. I remember it vividly. In fact, when my grandmother bought a defunct tavern to turn it into a biergarten in 1934 when Prohibition was repealed she asked her staff and her patrons to speak English rather than Deutsch. This is nearly 100 years after the ancestors came to America.

So, your assertion --"Anybody who says their grandparents continued to speak the home language after arriving here before 1980 is Lying."

Well, I would respectfully demur.

From post #4.....and, in my opinion, still tractionfull:

"....translated ballots as a basic step and a bridge to fuller participation in American democracy. The ballots help give first-time voters confidence that they’re filling out the ballot correctly.

“The more we can help people understand the mechanics of voting … the easier it is for them to take that big step in becoming a full member of our society,

People who worry about what languages others speak live lives of fear and anger.

Protip a lot of Hispanics speak Spanish. If you want them to vote for your MAGAs you're going to have to overcome your fear of others.
Yeah well we worry about dumtatds not walking around with their Willie out because that’s the standard
English is the standard.
Come here and learn it. I don’t feel your plight when you need me to translate for you.

Forum List

Back