Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

Trying to control people the way you want causes more harm than good. It further expands nanny-state government and diminishes individual responsibility.

But, controlling people the way you want...having them sedated with cocaine, heroin, crystal myth, spice and whatever else...is a good way.

Got it!

??? What are you talking about? How is legalizing drugs "controlling people"?

You already admitted that controlling people the way you want increases crashes, deaths, and other great things. So that's good? How?

It's not controlling people. It's letting them do what they want. And despite the risks, it's better for society than a police state and organize crime.
A drugged society is a compliant society. A user will do anything to get their drug of choice. They are controlled by the source.

Trying to control people the way you want causes more harm than good. It further expands nanny-state government and diminishes individual responsibility.

But, controlling people the way you want...having them sedated with cocaine, heroin, crystal myth, spice and whatever else...is a good way.

Got it!

You already admitted that controlling people the way you want increases crashes, deaths, and other great things. So that's good? How?
The thing is that I am not forcing you or anyone else to use cannibis or any other drug.

I let you and everyone else make their own choices

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yet you complain when an employer chooses not to be affected by another's drug use.

That's not the point. The point is that we accept the risks and problems associated with alcohol because we've learned that making it illegal only makes things worse.

IF that was the case, instead of increasing, wouldn't the rate of crashes from impaired driving go down when marijuana was made legal?

How is it a good thing to add another drug to the mix? Really, I'd like to know!
Your value judgements on what is "good" or "bad" are just that yours.

What I deem to be acceptable in my own life is none of your business

Got it!

The thing is that I am not forcing you or anyone else to use cannibis or any other drug.

Yet you complain when an employer chooses not to be affected by another's drug use.
Where did I complain about any employer?

In fact I specifically said any employer can set the standards he wants to for his employees.

Got it!

??? What are you talking about? How is legalizing drugs "controlling people"?

It's not controlling people. It's letting them do what they want. And despite the risks, it's better for society than a police state and organize crime.
A drugged society is a compliant society. A user will do anything to get their drug of choice. They are controlled by the source.

And yet I am not complying with your attempts to control my behavior

People that are ok with legalizing weed, you have to think of America as a whole, not your little farm town, or trust baby life style.. we have millions on poor families that need all the positive things in the works to happen to them and saying it’s ok to smoke something that makes you lazy is not one

People that are ok with legalizing weed, you have to think of America as a whole, not your little farm town, or trust baby life style.. we have millions on poor families that need all the positive things in the works to happen to them and saying it’s ok to smoke something that makes you lazy is not one

No the only person I have to think for is myself.

I cannot and even if I could would not deign to think for anyone else.

Well you are 91.. no one cares what you think you lost your marbles

Wrong again.

And in another thread you said I was too young to know anything

Wrong again.

And in another thread you said I was too young to know anything
Sure

And the failed war on drugs isn't?

We have wasted hundreds of billions of dollars and countless lives waging the so called war on drugs

How many trillions of dollars have been saved in lost productivity, families and lives destroyed, and lost?

Me driving around high isn't the same thing as me driving around drunk.

That is just incredibly ignorant and dangerous.

Saying these things do not hinder your driving ability, is amazing!

• Altered senses
  • Dizziness, tiredness, fatigue
  • Reduced coordination and balance
  • Cognitive impairment (read: marijuana psychological effects)
  • Anxiety, panic, paranoia
  • Hallucinations
  • Mood alterations
  • Altered blood pressure, dizziness
  • Increased heart rate
  • Flushing
Funny I never hallucinated when using weed

And all the rest of that list are also symptoms of sleep deprivation

Let's say that out of 100 weed users, 10, including you, do not have any of these problems.

The other 90 do.

Do you destroy the rest of society, with the 90 people who have all those problems, and desert their families, and end up costing society millions in crime, and rehab costs?

Now I get it, since you are obviously already on drugs, according to your own words.... you obviously don't care what cost this has on society, as long as you get what you want.

But adults have to look at the longer term ramification, and the truth is, they don't look good.

Well something like 70% of Michiganders disagree with you. That puts you in the minority. And we are not seeing a spike in accidents due to pot smokers. We've been smoking pot long before they legalized it.

It does not matter how many disagree or agree. The facts are on my side.

You can disagree with the facts, and that just makes you a Democrat.

Now I get it that, without being the majority, we are not likely to change the policy. But that doesn't mean the policy is good. Slavery was legal too, and at one point the majority supported it. That doesn't mean it was a good policy.

You would have agreed with prohibition back in the day. Got it. Yes, alcohol is bad. It's called freedom buddy. If you can't eat a french fry, have a gun, or a drink or bong toke, then how free are you really?

No you shouldn't smoke weed and drive. Besides that, pot is harmless. Well, it's not harmless, but we should be free to smoke it and not be harrassed by conservatives.

By the way, cons pick and choose when they like states rights. The Republicans didn't like it when Michigan chose to be pot friendly. Suddenly they were pointing to the federal laws. Hypocrites.

That is just incredibly ignorant and dangerous.

Saying these things do not hinder your driving ability, is amazing!

• Altered senses
  • Dizziness, tiredness, fatigue
  • Reduced coordination and balance
  • Cognitive impairment (read: marijuana psychological effects)
  • Anxiety, panic, paranoia
  • Hallucinations
  • Mood alterations
  • Altered blood pressure, dizziness
  • Increased heart rate
  • Flushing
Funny I never hallucinated when using weed

And all the rest of that list are also symptoms of sleep deprivation

Let's say that out of 100 weed users, 10, including you, do not have any of these problems.

The other 90 do.

Do you destroy the rest of society, with the 90 people who have all those problems, and desert their families, and end up costing society millions in crime, and rehab costs?

Now I get it, since you are obviously already on drugs, according to your own words.... you obviously don't care what cost this has on society, as long as you get what you want.

But adults have to look at the longer term ramification, and the truth is, they don't look good.

Well something like 70% of Michiganders disagree with you. That puts you in the minority. And we are not seeing a spike in accidents due to pot smokers. We've been smoking pot long before they legalized it.

It does not matter how many disagree or agree. The facts are on my side.

You can disagree with the facts, and that just makes you a Democrat.

Now I get it that, without being the majority, we are not likely to change the policy. But that doesn't mean the policy is good. Slavery was legal too, and at one point the majority supported it. That doesn't mean it was a good policy.
are you another who thinks republicans dont smoke pot?...
Oh they do. I pointed out on facebook that 2019 economic growth was only 2.3%. Suddenly all my con buddies were defending Trump. I know who smokes pot. A lot of pot smokers like Trump.

That's fine until your choices intrude on me and cost me money, which happens instantly.

That's a lie.

Fifty-seven percent voted to legalize the drug, which, to me, is not a significant enough vote for me. But, it is in Michigan.

Not seeing a spike in accidents? It has been legal since what, December 6th, 2019? That's relevant.

So what is your point? You have a two-month record. Wow!

56 percent to 38 percent

That's pretty clear cut.

And you just know if accidents had spiked recently the Republicans who fought legalizing pot would be screaming it.

But pro-marijuana groups say the study is “extremely flawed.”

“Washington, Colorado and Oregon all have dense urban areas with far more congested traffic compared to those sparsely populated states, and the city of Denver has a larger population than the entire state of Wyoming,” says Hovey.

The IIHS study also does not confirm a direct link between marijuana use and claims.

A different study by the American Public Health Association found three years after legalization there were no statistical differences in motor vehicle crash fatality rates for Washington and Colorado compared with similar states without legal pot.

Conflicting studies on marijuana effect on road safety

When will we get the BALLS to invade Mexico and remove the cartels, I guess when we get the balls to DESTROY all the poppy fields in Afghanistan.....any nation doesn't like it, please start a war with us so we can lay waste to your entire country, NOT FIX IT after we do so, and actually find out WHAT POLITICIANS IN AMERICA are getting KICKBACKS from these people....As to weed, I personally lost 3 good friends to drugs who all started smoking in high school, couldn't talk them out of it and they went to the hard shit....one when still in his 20's the last one was 59.....so sad to see how it affected his family and especially his children....Need to get high, take up drinking.... You destroying your liver takes longer!

That's not the point. The point is that we accept the risks and problems associated with alcohol because we've learned that making it illegal only makes things worse.

IF that was the case, instead of increasing, wouldn't the rate of crashes from impaired driving go down when marijuana was made legal?

How is it a good thing to add another drug to the mix? Really, I'd like to know!
Your value judgements on what is "good" or "bad" are just that yours.

What I deem to be acceptable in my own life is none of your business

I'm not talking about your personal life...until it intrudes on me and my pocketbook.

That's a lie.

Fifty-seven percent voted to legalize the drug, which, to me, is not a significant enough vote for me. But, it is in Michigan.

Not seeing a spike in accidents? It has been legal since what, December 6th, 2019? That's relevant.

So what is your point? You have a two-month record. Wow!

56 percent to 38 percent

That's pretty clear cut.

And you just know if accidents had spiked recently the Republicans who fought legalizing pot would be screaming it.

But pro-marijuana groups say the study is “extremely flawed.”

“Washington, Colorado and Oregon all have dense urban areas with far more congested traffic compared to those sparsely populated states, and the city of Denver has a larger population than the entire state of Wyoming,” says Hovey.

The IIHS study also does not confirm a direct link between marijuana use and claims.

A different study by the American Public Health Association found three years after legalization there were no statistical differences in motor vehicle crash fatality rates for Washington and Colorado compared with similar states without legal pot.

Conflicting studies on marijuana effect on road safety

Yeah, it's clear cut, you flat out lied repeatedly.

Forum List

Back