Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

Can we let drug users die and quickly. I mean, I do. I see one laying in the street just let them lay there shaking until they stop.

Can we let drug users die and quickly. I mean, I do. I see one laying in the street just let them lay there shaking until they stop.

Absolutely. You should have no obligation to save someone from their own bad decisions. You'll likely point out that you are, in fact, obligated to do so, via government and current laws. We should correct that. But in the mean time, it's simply doubling the damage done to use it as an excuse to lord it over people. It's not their fault we have bad laws.

if thats the way you feel why do you live with 2 people you must hate.....or was that just another one of your bullshit stories about pot?..

Tell me how does the fact that I use hashish on occasion have any effect on you?

You don't know who I am where I live or what I do for a living

Now if you want to tell me that you are paying for my choices I expect you to be able to provide proof of these expenditures

The fact that you use marijuana, on occasion, is not the issue. You might be the most responsible person in the world, have no children and wait days for the effect to wear off before driving.

The problem is that marijuana is addictive to about 20% of those who use the drug. While any stoner will deny any gateway mention, that rings hollow with me. While not a chemical connection, I have never encountered anyone who was a user of harder drugs who did not start with marijuana. Regular use of marijuana also puts you in a circle of people who take part in illegal drugs. Peer pressure is a powerful persuader.

Folks who use it "occasionally" have it in their house which makes it available to their kids. Marijuana, you'll agree, does permanent damage to the developing brain.

All those things affect me, on the road and in my pocket.

if thats the way you feel why do you live with 2 people you must hate.....or was that just another one of your bullshit stories about pot?..
Oh no I hate them. When that alcoholic can't make the stairs I just let her lay there flopping around until someone comes home to help her up. I have no sympathy. I live here because this is my son's house. Not theirs. They are simply entertainment. You know even blotto the drunk knows better than to ask me for help.

That's not the point. The point is that we accept the risks and problems associated with alcohol because we've learned that making it illegal only makes things worse.

IF that was the case, instead of increasing, wouldn't the rate of crashes from impaired driving go down when marijuana was made legal?

How is it a good thing to add another drug to the mix? Really, I'd like to know!
Your value judgements on what is "good" or "bad" are just that yours.

What I deem to be acceptable in my own life is none of your business

I'm not talking about your personal life...until it intrudes on me and my pocketbook.
Nothing I do costs you money

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Hmmmm that one factory occasionally dumping toxic chemicals says the same thing. And that company is as right as you are. Just like the heroin user finds throwing one needle in the gutter such a small thing it doesn't even bear mentioning.

It's all good.
Another horrible analogy

When I do occasionally use hash no one else is affected in any way

Absolutely. You should have no obligation to save someone from their own bad decisions. You'll likely point out that you are, in fact, obligated to do so, via government and current laws. We should correct that. But in the mean time, it's simply doubling the damage done to use it as an excuse to lord it over people. It's not their fault we have bad laws.
No one is obligated to come to the aid of anyone

It will be impossible to drug test them after an accident since the chemical stays longer in our system. If someone smoke Marijuana over the weekend. That it will still show up as if that person has been smoking it recently.

AAA: Don't drive high, marijuana use in fatal crashes up after legalization

States that legalized recreational weed see increase in car accidents, studies say - CNN
The technology will catch up and there will be a test that can determine when a drug was used

Oh no I hate them. When that alcoholic can't make the stairs I just let her lay there flopping around until someone comes home to help her up. I have no sympathy. I live here because this is my son's house. Not theirs. They are simply entertainment. You know even blotto the drunk knows better than to ask me for help.
i cant believe you....someone like you would not live with 2 people you hate....if its true you are one dumb motherfucker...

i cant believe you....someone like you would not live with 2 people you hate....if its true you are one dumb motherfucker...
Oh please. People do all kinds of things they would rather not do because of circumstsnces. How many men and women live with spouses they despise or children they would rather see locked up.

Oh please. People do all kinds of things they would rather not do because of circumstsnces. How many men and women live with spouses they despise or children they would rather see locked up.
only people like you.....

Do you know me as much as you think you do? What's my birthday, favorite color, how many times have I been married? You don't know me at all. You just imagine that you do.

A funny aside, I live in a very conservative Republican town, pot voted in, Republicans jump on the money making band wagon, buying growing & selling pot licences like crazy. money rules as always.

A funny aside, I live in a very conservative Republican town, pot voted in, Republicans jump on the money making band wagon, buying growing & selling pot licences like crazy. money rules as always.
John Boehner has jumped on the pot money bandwagon. He's relying on the possibility that some core group of people will still keep their wits about them and run things. So it's safe for him to exploit the druggies.

Do you know me as much as you think you do? What's my birthday, favorite color, how many times have I been married? You don't know me at all. You just imagine that you do.
Just like you imagine the lives of someone who uses pot comparing them to heroin or meth junkies?
You have been painting a pretty picture with that broadbrush about folks not having a work ethic and being lazy or ignorant.
This was simple a marijuana legalization thread. The only folks talking about hard drugs are the self righteous nannies using a false comparison.
I build custom homes for wealthy folks, brutal physically and mentally demanding work. In the so called haze of my moderate use put together complex structures like this.
20200205_154209.jpg 20160921_160519.jpg 20180223_121937.jpg
20200205_152235.jpg
I work at heights and roof pitches that make most folks cringe. I live a very middle class life with a stellar credit rating and some expensive toys in my second garage.
I have news for you. We have found out many of our wealthy clients regardless of political views occasionally use pot.

You don't know me.

Again I will point out that you will never control me either.

you are an idiot...that much i do know....

Society is trying to wean people off cigarette smoking. Why in the world do we need another freaking bad habit?

Forum List

Back