Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

Most people are too stupid as it is. We used to have a saying about alcohol, "instant asshole, just add alcohol." Same goes with weed or any other drugs.

A good question to ask a person is, would you want your child smoking it and why not?

It's a good question, but again, irrelevant to the topic.

I don't think it is irrelevant at all. I am for decriminalizing but not legalizing. Alcohol is legal and when I was a teen, I had no problems getting alcohol whenever I wanted it. Drugs and alcohol have a high potential of creating more "losers" because people are weak and dumb.

Right. That seems to be your core premise. People are weak and dumb so we have to have government telling them how to live. But wait, isn't government staffed by people, people who are - as you note - weak and dumb?? How's that gonna work?

What is to stop the meth head from wanting his/her drug of choice "legalized" using the same rationale?
For one thing, meth heads don`t have tens of millions of users to apply the political pressure needed to legalize it. That`s a non issue Chris.

Most people are too stupid as it is. We used to have a saying about alcohol, "instant asshole, just add alcohol." Same goes with weed or any other drugs.

A good question to ask a person is, would you want your child smoking it and why not?

I don't think it is irrelevant at all. I am for decriminalizing but not legalizing. Alcohol is legal and when I was a teen, I had no problems getting alcohol whenever I wanted it. Drugs and alcohol have a high potential of creating more "losers" because people are weak and dumb.

Right. That seems to be your core premise. People are weak and dumb so we have to have government telling them how to live. But wait, isn't government staffed by people, people who are - as you note - weak and dumb?? How's that gonna work?

Good point. That is why I am for decriminalizing but not all out legalizing.

Another thing to think about is that most drug addicts who are jailed are not jailed only for the drugs but because drugs were found on them in the process of committing other crimes in order to support their drug habits. The drug charges are secondary in most cases.

The problem is, this could lead to people wanting to legalize other drugs based on the same argument. While a lot of leftists think this sounds great, they fail to look at the unintended consequences, as usual.

Decriminalizing marijuana is not that big of a deal. It still should not be celebrated as a good life choice though. It is not a good life choice though for most people.

Just tune in to some police reality shows and see for yourself the "drug culture" and the problems they cause in society.

While a lot of leftists? Look around at this thread have you missed something?

The problem is, this could lead to people wanting to legalize other drugs based on the same argument. While a lot of leftists think this sounds great, they fail to look at the unintended consequences, as usual.

Decriminalizing marijuana is not that big of a deal. It still should not be celebrated as a good life choice though. It is not a good life choice though for most people.

Just tune in to some police reality shows and see for yourself the "drug culture" and the problems they cause in society.

This is mostly a policy pushed by leftists more so than conservatives, especially the legalization of drugs for recreational use.

What is their rationale? We have alcohol and nobody believes that should be illegal. If one is for freedom and liberty one is supportive of legalization.
I live in a state where marijuana is legal. I don't see any problem with adult use. My problem is with the use by children. It is illegal to sell to children but that does stop kids from getting it. Use by 12 and 13 year olds is common in most Middle Schools. It is often mixed with tobacco and vaping products. It was a problem before legalization and now it is a bigger problem due to the fact that it is so readily available to kids. They get from parents, neighbors, older siblings, and other kids that are dealing.

Just like alcohol it has never stopped kids from getting it.

i seriously doubt if the majority of people who get high with pot become instant assholes......you can tell you have no clue about pot....

i seriously doubt if the majority of people who get high with pot become instant assholes......you can tell you have no clue about pot....

No, with pot smokers, it's instant dopiness. Lol.

This is mostly a policy pushed by leftists more so than conservatives, especially the legalization of drugs for recreational use.

Nationwide I would definitely disagree it's about equal and there are many pockets of republican controlled areas that just love it.

Ok miss know it all.

maybe for some,others not so....

Ok miss know it all.

Stay dopey! :113:

Good point. That is why I am for decriminalizing but not all out legalizing.

Another thing to think about is that most drug addicts who are jailed are not jailed only for the drugs but because drugs were found on them in the process of committing other crimes in order to support their drug habits. The drug charges are secondary in most cases.

Which means they are unnecessary.

Causes memory loss, interferes with ability to concentrate and focus, interferes with reflex timing, causes lack of motivation/ambition. IOW, it makes you into a dope. :D

Effects of Marijuana Use on Brain Structure and Function: Neuroimaging Findings from a Neurodevelopmental Perspective

I'll say this, Chris: Maybe this is just the libertarian in me speaking. Marijuana is a plant. Whoever gave human beings jurisdiction over it? The Earth is not ours, the fish are not ours, the forests are not ours, yet we have put ourselves in charge of managing everything. And doing a piss poor job at it.

Marijuana is a weed. If you want to grow it, you should be able to grow it. If you want to make yourself blind stupid, that is your right. Some people can smoke it and go on to do better things. Others will smoke it and walk in front of a locomotive. Perhaps that is just nature's way of thinning out the stupid people.

Forum List

Back