Zone1 Why are so many mods suddenly no longer mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if he is the one being referenced, but there is one who was made a mod recently despite the fact he wasn't known to anybody and was brand new.

He was obviously hired with a specific agenda in mind, and took it too far. He is not a mod now.

I'm sorry... could you be any more cryptic?

I’ve noticed recently that several former mods are no longer sporting that moderator title.

Was it a collective job action?

Has the admin suddenly come to realize that some moderation is fine but that pesky, petty and unnecessary moderation is actually damaging this Board?
I've never noticed. I suppose those that do must be at the thick end of the mods.

Out of them all, I think only katsteve2012 has their profile/posts hidden, which is irrelevant if you hit search by poster

Last edited:
I’ve noticed recently that several former mods are no longer sporting that moderator title.

Was it a collective job action?

Has the admin suddenly come to realize that some moderation is fine but that pesky, petty and unnecessary moderation is actually damaging this Board?
The admin had to cut the fat.

I'm sorry... could you be any more cryptic?
Posting with specificity on moderators specific actions is open to ban interpretations.

But you knew that already. :thup:

Flaca fucked the place up and then took off, coming back only to hire mods without following the rules, giving them new ‘Flaca created rules’ to follow, etc… much like coyote did with her entourage.

Those games seem to have been somewhat diluted. :thup:

I never could understand why anyone would want to be a mod in the first place.
To be a royal, to have power over others, to be exempted from following rules, to have the ability to promote an agenda more effectively, to support a sense of superiority, to try to serve the community.

The last one is the first offered by Mods everywhere, but is only occasionally sincere.

That's why I've turned down the offer. I've moderated other boards and learned my lesson.

I don't get the fuss about the ambivalence in moderating duties because it is a straightforward task that comes easily for some people and hard for most others as for me, I now moderate 5 separate websites two of them as Administrator and NONE of them have the problems this forum does for a reason that has eluded most of you moderation comes naturally for me and I have been moderating CONTUOUSLY since 2007 joining the latest Moderation team as Supermoderator almost 4 weeks ago fitting right in.

I actually offered myself over a year ago to help this place and got turned down because as one Moderator tells me my standards were too high for this forum to accept meanwhile you have a Senior Moderator flee on April 3 to get away from the madness here is what he posted:

[B]flacaltenn[/B]
Short answer is recovering from donating so much time to USMB!!! It takes a toll on the psyche. And I guess I took the moderating gigue too seriously thinking we had the best way to save free speech from getting destroyed in this country. In reality, there is very little anyone at USMB can do to get better discussion or even jettison the top 4 or 6 trolls that cause misery to threads. Stay well and help save sanity.

LINK

He is actually saying the Moderators have lost control here........ there are plenty of ways to improve discussion and get rid of the trolls but some reason that is too hard for the forum to do. :rolleyes:

Thread Banning, Suspensions of clear violations are easy to employ yet the chronic violators keep coming back mucking it up for others, that is dumb to let that go on and on which understandably pisses off others who are not a problem.

This is the most dysfunctional board I have EVER been in, and the Rules page is too long and bloated, the main board is too long should be compacted as per the member POGO suggestion he made nearly two years ago.

Cheers.

I never could understand why anyone would want to be a mod in the first place.

I do in forums that needs the help because I want to help people have a better experience being here posting with others without all of the bile no one should have to put up with.

There is no other reason to be a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back