Zone1 Why are so many mods suddenly no longer mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only speak for myself and why I am no longer a mod.

I come here for fun. It is entertainment. But having to babysit pouting toddlers takes away that fun.

You just made it clear you were never ready to moderate here since you admitted that you don't know how to deal with it as you shouldn't baby sit anyone but then again, there is no active administrator helping the mod team which weakens the team.

Who got cut?

The two newer mods stopped moderating long ago and one of them vanished too I forget the lady's name who is the other one which is why they were taken off the list.

Now this place has a tiny active team being overwhelmed by 6,500 plus daily postings there is no way they are going to keep up.

You just made it clear you were never ready to moderate here since you admitted that you don't know how to deal with it as you shouldn't baby sit anyone but then again, there is no active administrator helping the mod team which weakens the team.
I sure didn't read all that from what he posted.

I sure didn't read all that from what he posted.

Moderators shouldn't baby sit anyone and he didn't know how to deal with all the blow back he was getting which is why he left which is the smart thing to do.

I’ve noticed recently that several former mods are no longer sporting that moderator title.

Was it a collective job action?

Has the admin suddenly come to realize that some moderation is fine but that pesky, petty and unnecessary moderation is actually damaging this Board?

They stopped moderating on their own a while back which is why the two names were recently removed from the list.

Nope,
Nope.

I do in forums that needs the help because I want to help people have a better experience being here posting with others without all of the bile no one should have to put up with.

There is no other reason to be a moderator.

I can think of several other reasons and none are for the common good.
In fact I've experienced these other reasons right here on USMB.

I can think of several other reasons and none are for the common good.
In fact I've experienced these other reasons right here on USMB.

That is why I didn't list any other reasons.

This is a dysfunctional forum thus no change for a stable team and a stable forum.

In forums of this size would have at least one Administrator and at least a dozen moderators which they don't have here.

That is why I didn't list any other reasons.

This is a dysfunctional forum thus no change for a stable team and a stable forum.

In forums of this size would have at least one Administrator and at least a dozen moderators which they don't have here.

Than why comment?
I agree there should be one thats totally unbiased but good luck finding someone thats truly Altruistic to take the job.

Than why comment?
I agree there should be one thats totally unbiased but good luck finding someone thats truly Altruistic to take the job.

Not a valid requirement for be a moderator and no one here is claiming to be perfect really that is all you have to say?

I comment because the forum needs to improve and so far after my 5 years here the chronic problem persists thus continue to talk about it.

Right now ZERO moderators are online visible maybe one is invisible........
And yet not much spam problems. :banana:

dtmbonline.png

^Wot's that, mate?

Last edited:
Not a valid requirement for be a moderator and no one here is claiming to be perfect really that is all you have to say?

I comment because the forum needs to improve and so far after my 5 years here the chronic problem persists thus continue to talk about it.
What chronic problem is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back