Zone1 Why are so many mods suddenly no longer mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chronic problem is that?

You live in a cave Duke, there have been numerous threads started by members who are unhappy with moderation decisions, bloated rules page that many over the years have complained about, a boated main board that even a senior moderator tries to fix over two years ago trolls not being stopped in reasonable time.......

There are more but that is a start.

Not a valid requirement for be a moderator and no one here is claiming to be perfect really that is all you have to say?

I comment because the forum needs to improve and so far after my 5 years here the chronic problem persists thus continue to talk about it.

For be a moderator....
Get back to me when you've been here for over a decade

For be a moderator....
Get back to me when you've been here for over a decade

You have no idea about my PM discussions with some of the Moderators and members who are profoundly unhappy with the forum heck you were in one very long thread that ran 533 posts complaining about the forum moderators.

I have been a continuous Moderator since 2007 I think I have seen enough....

You forgetting a lot these days?

You have no idea about my PM discussions with some of the Moderators and members who are profoundly unhappy with the forum heck you were in one very long thread that ran 533 posts complaining about the forum moderators.

I have been a continuous Moderator since 2007 I think I have seen enough....

You forgetting a lot these days?

I forget nothing.
And personally I dont care about your discussions with moderators or that you are one.

You live in a cave Duke, there have been numerous threads started by members who are unhappy with moderation decisions, bloated rules page that many over the years have complained about, a boated main board that even a senior moderator tries to fix over two years ago trolls not being stopped in reasonable time.......

There are more but that is a start.
IOW normal forum happenings. :dunno:

IOW normal forum happenings. :dunno:

Not really most forums would quickly stop and even DELETE the I am unhappy about moderators in public post since it is already against the rules to complain about moderator decisions in public in the first place but here, they get away with it most of the time.

Not really most forums would quickly stop and even DELETE the I am unhappy about moderators in public post since it is already against the rules to complain about moderator decisions in public in the first place but here, they get away with it most of the time.
Bah. Big deal. Can you show me one that isn't locked?

Now I'm wondering if the banned mod is gunny or my pointy-headed friend.

I forgot he used to be a mod here.

We DO allow the general "moderators suck" threads from time to time. Specific topic threads, though, such as calling out mods by name in an effort to cause a pile-on of hate is not allowed. I saw this thread soon after it was started last night. It had about a dozen replies at the time and I didn't see any reason for it to by locked. It can be a "good" thing to let people say what they think about us (moderators) so that we can use the feedback as a gauge for what we can improve on and where changes need to be made. At the end of the day, we all know that there is no way to make everyone happy. We do what we can with what we have.

you know i've only gotten one vacation in the last 2 months...........something definitely not right.something is serially wrong here

Meh, for the most part they do pretty OK here. I suspect they could use some incentives like getting to use the company Fiesta for a month or something.

I got "Brownelled" from one board for saying something that would not even raise a eyelid here.....And it's much worse there now.

By the looks of things the only 10 year+ members left are the mods....Everyone else was either perma-banned or left on their own accord.

3j9umm.gif

Count your blessings you filthy animals. ;)
really........ this place is so loosely moderated it is funny to see people even mention it

my god i get way with so much here that i even try for a much need vacation frequently.......my frequent flyer miles are drained

I can only speak for myself and why I am no longer a mod.

I come here for fun. It is entertainment. But having to babysit pouting toddlers takes away that fun.
I mod and have modded on other sites. As far as I know I never mod by personal opinion and if someone pisses me off I hand him off to another mod. But...at some point it just aint fun anymore. One forum I mod on right now I have to force myself to check in on every day. Mostly it is the people that insist everyone see things their way, even if it is not, you know, rooted in reality. Then it is the petty bickering. And yea, full grown adults can be children sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back