Why are some muslims so violent

if this were the case i have no idea how people get out of arkansas alive.

You could add places like TN, MS, and AL to that list.

As far as the answer to the OP's post? All religions have their fringe groups, even Christianity, and some of those groups take their religion way too far in trying to "out purify" the other factions of the religion as a way to show how much better their branch is.

I mean, Christians have been violent over the years as well.

As far as the answer to the OP's post? All religions have their fringe groups, even Christianity, and some of those groups take their religion way too far in trying to "out purify" the other factions of the religion as a way to show how much better their branch is.

oh i'm just ribbin on stereotypes in as much as anything. yes most terrorists these days are muslim but that doesn't condem an entire group of people and i hate that "demonize a type of people, then put people under this tag you created so you never have to get to know them.

stereotypes fucking suck.

I live in TN, it's not like that man.
As for Christianity, yes royal families were pretty violent and had lots of inbreeding. and yes Christians were violent, but we've moved past that, except when we need to be.

As for Christianity, yes royal families were pretty violent and had lots of inbreeding. and yes Christians were violent, but we've moved past that, except when we need to be.
it is if you listen to stereotypes.

btw - tennessee is gorgeous. the drive between nashville and memphis is pretty amazing. only done it twice (once each way) and loved it. the only downside was the loretta lynn country cafe buffet.

take that place out you got some perfection the rest of the way. :)

oh i'm just ribbin on stereotypes in as much as anything. yes most terrorists these days are muslim but that doesn't condem an entire group of people and i hate that "demonize a type of people, then put people under this tag you created so you never have to get to know them.

You know, that is one thing I learned while traveling all over the planet via the Navy. Never discount someone based on what you have heard, and never turn down help when in a foreign land. Matter of fact, having a decent attitude and understanding that I was the foreigner in their country went a long way towards making friends. There was one group of skaters in Cartagena Sicily that would go to a certain park and wait there from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm if they saw our ship pull in that day, because they liked to take us through the city skating with them.

Besides....................if you already have a grudge against someone without knowing anything about them, you can't learn from them, and there may be a possibility that the knowledge they have is something that could greatly benefit you.

Do I think ALL Muslims are violent people? Not really, because I've been to a few places in the ME, and in many cases, the Muslims I met over there were very hospitable people who were more than happy to show you around their city. Some would even invite you to their house for dinner, just because they were interested in talking to an American, sometimes just for the practice with English.

Do I think ALL Muslims are violent people? Not really, because I've been to a few places in the ME, and in many cases, the Muslims I met over there were very hospitable people who were more than happy to show you around their city. Some would even invite you to their house for dinner, just because they were interested in talking to an American, sometimes just for the practice with English.
That was exactly my experience over there as well.

In actuality, most of the people in the Middle East love America.

The vast, vast majority of the victims of terrorism are Muslims. But the confirmation biased bigots on this forum are never reminded of that fact by their propagandists.

I was stationed in Millington TN from '86 until '89, and lived in a place called Tipton County. Yes, there are some backwards folks living up there.

As far as Christians moving past violence, except when needed? Wanna explain Westboro Baptist Church? Ever listened to a Northern and Southern Baptist discuss the Bible? Sometimes they come dangerously close to fighting each other over interpretation.

But, like I said, you can find violent factions in just about every major religion. Even Buddhists have been known to be violent on occasion.

I was stationed in Millington TN from '86 until '89, and lived in a place called Tipton County. Yes, there are some backwards folks living up there.

As far as Christians moving past violence, except when needed? Wanna explain Westboro Baptist Church? Ever listened to a Northern and Southern Baptist discuss the Bible? Sometimes they come dangerously close to fighting each other over interpretation.

But, like I said, you can find violent factions in just about every major religion. Even Buddhists have been known to be violent on occasion.
just because you understand the violence of your own side, doesn't make it any less violent.

You know, that is one thing I learned while traveling all over the planet via the Navy. Never discount someone based on what you have heard, and never turn down help when in a foreign land. Matter of fact, having a decent attitude and understanding that I was the foreigner in their country went a long way towards making friends. There was one group of skaters in Cartagena Sicily that would go to a certain park and wait there from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm if they saw our ship pull in that day, because they liked to take us through the city skating with them.

Besides....................if you already have a grudge against someone without knowing anything about them, you can't learn from them, and there may be a possibility that the knowledge they have is something that could greatly benefit you.

this is why i hate stereotypes.

everyone knows NAZI, Racist and so forth are terms of death. so to me the left uses them like popcorn at a star wars opening night (except for solo which is actually an underrated movie) so they can associate people they don't even know with an extreme and then make that person prove they're not someone they never said they were. by that time you've already tagged them as "the enemy" and anything they say is going to be wrong and you'll think of something to prove it.

even if it's just a stupid stereotype.

you use stereotypes to put someone into a group so you never have to understand the individual. it makes the hate so much easier and that is such a shortfall on people who do that.

That was exactly my experience over there as well.

In actuality, most of the people in the Middle East love America.

The vast, vast majority of the victims of terrorism are Muslims. But the confirmation biased bigots on this forum are never reminded of that fact by their propagandists.
and the constant barrage of insults their way is going to change their mind?

patience goes a long way. just takes a long time to get there.

this is why i hate stereotypes.

everyone knows NAZI, Racist and so forth are terms of death. so to me the left uses them like popcorn at a star wars opening night (except for solo which is actually an underrated movie) so they can associate people they don't even know with an extreme and then make that person prove they're not someone they never said they were. by that time you've already tagged them as "the enemy" and anything they say is going to be wrong and you'll think of something to prove it.

even if it's just a stupid stereotype.

you use stereotypes to put someone into a group so you never have to understand the individual. it makes the hate so much easier and that is such a shortfall on people who do that.

That is one of the reasons I took extreme care to make sure that I was respectful and ALWAYS took a phrase book off of the ship so that I could ask questions in their language. I never wanted to be branded as an ugly American (the type of person who asks why they can't do stuff over there like they do in America, as well as will walk up to someone and ask in a loud slow voice "do you speak American", and when the person shakes their head, they ask again louder and slower, thinking that will help. The stereotype of ugly American exists to quite an extent in Europe, but that is because a few American tourists acted like asses when they visited.

Interestingly enough, when you ask them stuff in their own language, they will let you struggle for a bit, but then, 80 percent of them will tell you they speak English and ask what you want. They want to see if you're going to make the effort first, before they will help you.

I don't disagree with any of that. I know muslims, I've known muslims since I was a kid. My dad is a professor and has had tons of undergrads and doctoral students. The problem is most terrorists are muslim and a large percentage of muslims support them.

The only time Buddhists have ever been violent is in necessary self-defense against muslim murderous aggression. Which EVERY religion has been forced to do at some point or another because your genocidal Pisslam cannot peacefully co-exist with anyone. Jesus, you Islam apologists are the most disgusting living things in biological history - fanatically enabling the most PROVEN violent hate ideology on earth!

First im very familiar with Tipton county, I live in Memphis. I know several people from there, none are close to that stereotype.
Second the westboro Baptist church shows up to protest, they are not bombing people or running them over. And it's a very small bunch that no one gives a shit about.
As for northern and southern Baptists......I was American Baptist (northern) in ohio , but I am a southern Baptist now in TN. They do have some small disagreements, but most of the major stuff was civil rights and that died in the 60s and 70s. There isn't much difference now.

Forum List

Back