Why Are Some of My Fellow Conservatives Being Irrational About COVID-19 Vaccination?

I do not lie here.
Where do you usually go?

It is true that the overwhelming percentage of covid deaths is among the un-vaxxed. Either you'll lie and tell us that is wrong or you'll admit you're full of shit.

Or, door #3, bring up some long-debunked website quoting some doctor who you'll claim is the greatest medical expert in the universe but strangely nobody has ever heard of them.

Your move...go.

Not all conservatives are immune from the truth. Good to see you've found some independence.
Anyone living in deep blue cities and not privileged by government and corporate/small business shake downs and massive donations knows the truth from Progressives. Progs are the most sickly and self abusive people on the planet. The truth is never told about that.

I am more of a libertarian if I would call myself anything at all, but when we have a media absolutely devoted to lying to us and the very doctor who was so heavily involved in creating the damn thing is now telling us all what to do, I can certainly understand people's reluctance.

I have had the vaccine, and that was my choice. I believe in personal liberty, though, so I do not support forcing others.

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

The only real way out of the pandemic is vaccination. I think this is the reason why there is so much disinformation being passed around. The worst one is that it causes infertility in women of child bearing age. Young women are really frightened of this one. We've got two young mothers in my own family who are adamantly refusing to be vaxxed because of it.

There are a lot of people financially and politically benefitting from the USA not getting past this pandemic. China, Russia and Iran are pushing anti-vax information through Facebook and other social media - there are numerous threads here about the "dangers" of the vaccine.

And to be honest, the Republican Party of Donald Trump doesn't want it to end either. If Biden fails to get the country out of the pandemic, it will help the Republicans at midterms. Both Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis are riding this "personal freedom" horse for all it's worth.

Why COVID is still killing hundreds of thousands of people
Then scrub that tattoo off your ass then. And flip off the FDA while you are at it.

They call the shots here. They did experiments in Wuhan though proxies........ECO.....and get money off the shots with patents and partners with the assholes selling these jabs.

Okay of course, if you had 100% of the population vaccinated, any Covid cases in the hospital would be vaccinated. But you would not expect hospitals to be overrun with Covid patients If these were good vaccines. Put another way. Are hospitals overrun with polio patients? Mumps? German measles? No, and not 100% of the population is vaxxed for those. But the vaccines are better. This is also simple to understand.
You are talking about different diseases, with different transmissability, immunity fade, and herd immunity requisites to get fully under control.

For example Alpha variant was not transmitted by the vaccinated and we would be pretty much done with Covid if it wasn't for the adaptations it was able to make.

None of that is an argument against vaccination because perfection is not the enemy of the good.

Last edited:
I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

trump said not to get vaccinated.

And they love trump.

PS: trump got vaccinated.

So they're a little retarded.

It's going to get worse for the vax pushers this coming winter when it's discovered that you can get and die of the covid either way but have around a 25% better chance if you are vaxxed. That's why they are pushing the booster narrative.

If my suspicions bear out I think a lot of fully vaxxed people will die of complications from bad colds and such in the coming year. I'm already hearing of fully vaxxed people in my age group (65-70) having a awful time with mere colds.

I really believe the vax has compromised our immune systems.

Thank you for saying!

I have high risk family members, that I don't want to see suffering and dying, before their time.... :(

It's going to get worse for the vax pushers this coming winter when it's discovered that you can get and die of the covid either way but have around a 25% better chance if you are vaxxed. That's why they are pushing the booster narrative.

If my suspicions bear out I think a lot of fully vaxxed people will die of complications from bad colds and such in the coming year. I'm already hearing of fully vaxxed people in my age group (65-70) having a awful time with mere colds.

I really believe the vax has compromised our immune systems.
I agree and hope I'm wrong.

I am in Michigan. We are in a bad wave. Almost EVERYONE I know who has covid--and that is a lot of people--are fully vaccinated. My count is at least 10. And yes, those who are fully vaccinated are obviously getting it AND transmitting it freely.

I just posted a thread on this, but let's see if your mind is actually open to any information, or if you're just a Vaccine Cultist here to preach.
Testing positive and becoming extremely ill are 2 entirely different things

Vaccines reduce the incidence of hospitalization, reduce incidences of severe illness and death which is exactly what they were designed to do.

Testing positive and becoming extremely ill are 2 entirely different things

Vaccines reduce the incidence of hospitalization, reduce incidences of severe illness and death which is exactly what they were designed to do.
So do anti biotics and treatments for illness.

But they don't call them vaccines. The CDC changing the definition of VACCINE is MANIPULATION to the extreme.

Taken early. There are treatments that will keep you out of the hospital. They are being used all over the world with results.

People are dying here OVER MONEY.

The only real way out of the pandemic is vaccination. I think this is the reason why there is so much disinformation being passed around. The worst one is that it causes infertility in women of child bearing age. Young women are really frightened of this one. We've got two young mothers in my own family who are adamantly refusing to be vaxxed because of it.

There are a lot of people financially and politically benefitting from the USA not getting past this pandemic. China, Russia and Iran are pushing anti-vax information through Facebook and other social media - there are numerous threads here about the "dangers" of the vaccine.

And to be honest, the Republican Party of Donald Trump doesn't want it to end either. If Biden fails to get the country out of the pandemic, it will help the Republicans at midterms. Both Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis are riding this "personal freedom" horse for all it's worth.

More dangerous misinformation and propaganda. Sadly, many who are stupid, ignorant, and vulnerable will lap this up like nectarine.

So do anti biotics and treatments for illness.

But they don't call them vaccines. The CDC changing the definition of VACCINE is MANIPULATION to the extreme.

Taken early. There are treatments that will keep you out of the hospital. They are being used all over the world with results.

People are dying here OVER MONEY.
The definition was made more accurate

In truth, though, medical experts have long said that no vaccine, including the coronavirus vaccines, is 100 percent effective. If “immunity” connotes complete protection, then no vaccine actually provides it.

Here also, from the latest Gov report from Michigan. And this includes data going back to mid-October, BEFORE the big wave. Beaumont hospital guy says 40% of HOSPITALIZED covid cases are now fully vaccinated (see my thread)

In the last 30 days (Oct 14- Nov 12), 30,906 (28%) of 109,455 cases, 454 (29%) of 1,540 hospitalizations, and 151 (25%) of 605 deaths were among fully vaccinated individuals

I will add this. If you really are conservative, you're letting personal fear override what SHOULD be your principles. And that's....well, that's too bad.

So, in Michigan 55% of the people are fully vaccinated and yet they only account for 28% of the cases and just 25% of the deaths. That means that the 45% unvaxxed account for 72% of the cases and 75% of the deaths.

Seems you just showed by mistake that the vaccines do indeed help.

The definition was made more accurate

In truth, though, medical experts have long said that no vaccine, including the coronavirus vaccines, is 100 percent effective. If “immunity” connotes complete protection, then no vaccine actually provides it.

The cdc did change it. Its simply a deceptive move to cover their nefarious activities. Nothing else, nothing more.

Very simple.
It is called hypocrisy and silly rules.
The sitting President, and his Vice President and the sitting Speaker of the House - ALL - talked about troubles they had with "Trumps vaccine" before the election. ALL OF THEM. With the Vice President going as far as saying she would not get the "Trump vaccine" before "fully proven t be safe".... she said this just 4 months before saying she supports vaccine mandates after she was elected.
Why so many conservatives are against it is also due to Fauci. WHo has been all over the map about every possible discussion about this virus.
Saying "mask are not effective" at the same time saying we need to require them. Literally in the same discussion.

That is why.

Forum List

Back