🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why are the debating dems speaking Spanish and not Chinese

Frankly, I’m just plain embarrased by the morons being propped up for the presidency.

These people are clueless to anything. The rest of the world must surely be having a laugh at us if these half-wits are the best we have to offer. I mean, really. Really reflects badly on the lack of competence of the American electorate to see, understand and address real world problems.

Why not smoke a peace pipe and do a rain dance for the Native American vote?
Mexicans? You mean Spanish speaking citizens like those that are ethnically from maybe 20 some countries ? Like for example Cuba, Honduras, El Salvador, Argentina, ect...
All of that wouldn't fit into the thread title, so I had to settle with the word Mexicans.
Spanish speaking. But you like to paint brush Latinos with the same brush it seems.

I have known many people from many countries and I don't think I have ever met one that did not appreciate a person taking the effort to speak to them in their native language. Only about 25% of Americans are bilingual.

Last edited:
Mexicans? You mean Spanish speaking citizens like those that are ethnically from maybe 20 some countries ? Like for example Cuba, Honduras, El Salvador, Argentina, ect...
All of that wouldn't fit into the thread title, so I had to settle with the word Mexicans.
Spanish speaking. But you like to paint brush Latinos with the same brush it seems.
No, it doesn't.

"I think there are more candidates on stage who speak Spanish more fluently than our president speaks English." - Dastardly Dan Rather

Overheard while watching the debate: “I’m not sure I’m a Democrat anymore.” -Democrat next to me complaining abt how far left the party has moved

I have known many people from many countries and I don't think I have ever met one that did not appreciate a person taking the effort to speak to them in their native language. Only about 25% of Americans are bilingual.

Their native language is irrelevant if they are a US citizen. Even the military will only take so many people who do not speak fluent English and they send them to school BEFORE training them because they can't understand what they read or hear in English.

It really is no different from signs in both English and Spanish. Its a courteous thing

Most countries have more than one official language. I see nothing wrong with this. Who says we can only have one language in America?

Frankly, I’m just plain embarrased by the morons being propped up for the presidency.

These people are clueless to anything. The rest of the world must surely be having a laugh at us if these half-wits are the best we have to offer. I mean, really. Really reflects badly on the lack of competence of the American electorate to see, understand and address real world problems.

You're worried about the world laughing at us? The world is already laughing at us because of the clown that currently lives in the Whitehouse.

Their native language is irrelevant if they are a US citizen. Even the military will only take so many people who do not speak fluent English and they send them to school BEFORE training them because they can't understand what they read or hear in English.
I think the issue being raised was whether Mexicans would be insulted to have people speaking to them in Spanish. I have never known a Mexican who did. I speak a little Spanish, French, and German. I try to speak to people in their native language when I can because it's a friendly gesture.
If your point is American citizens should be able to speak English, I agree.

It was pandering plain and simple. The idea that they think Hispanics would vote for them simply because they can memorize a few phrases in Spanish is insulting to their intelligence. Hispanics, like every other American in this country, care about the same stuff: healthcare, the economy, their jobs, etc.

s-l300.jpg

Yes, Beto is patronizing and insulting Hispanic-Americans.
How is it patronizing and insulting to speak to someone in their native language. Most people are surprised and delighted.

Beto should stick to policy discussion and do it in English when he's addressing an English-speaking audience. He comes off as insincere and patronizing, which is insulting to Hispanics.

I think the issue being raised was whether Mexicans would be insulted to have people speaking to them in Spanish. I have never known a Mexican who did. I speak a little Spanish, French, and German. I try to speak to people in their native language when I can because it's a friendly gesture.
If your point is American citizens should be able to speak English, I agree.

Mexicans should learn American English if they want to stay here.

When I hear a politician speaking in Spanish during a speech I just figure that he has nothing to say to me.

Forum List

Back