"Why are there Black fraternities? That's Racist!"

The point (that went over some people's heads) is that black fraternities were created because fraternities to this day are mostly white. And I wouldn't be shocked if more weren't like this fraternity.

You don't think a black fraternity couldn't be this way against whites?

No because they don't have the access to the power structure white fraternities do. If they did and did that to white students, then it would be an issue.

But SAE members will become politicians, policemen, lawyers and judges. How can you say they wouldn't institutionalize their racism in the workforce?

Complete unadulterated bull shit

Deflection isn't your strong suit.

Point still stands.

I never deflected I call your comment as I see it, bull shit. Racism has nothing to do with "power structure" and if you're too stupid to recognize that you're not worth dealing with

Kappa Alpha Psi (ΚΑΨ) is a collegiate Greek-letterfraternity with a predominantly African-American membership. Since the fraternity's founding on January 5, 1911 at Indiana University Bloomington, the fraternity has never limited membership based on color, creed or national origin. The fraternity has over 150,000 members with 721 undergraduate and alumni chapters in every state of the United States, and international chapters in the United Kingdom, Germany, Korea, Japan, United States Virgin Islands,Nigeria, and South Africa.[2]

The National Pan-Hellenic Council was established in an age when racial segregation and disenfranchisement plagued African Americans, the rise of each of the black fraternities and sororities that make up the NPHC bore witness to the fact that despite hardships African Americans refused to accede to a status of inferiority.[1]

The founding members of the NPHC were Kappa Alpha Psi, Omega Psi Phi, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, and Zeta Phi Beta. The council's membership expanded asAlpha Phi Alpha (1931), Phi Beta Sigma (1931), Sigma Gamma Rho (1937), and Iota Phi Theta (1997) joined this coalition of Black Greek letter organizations (BGLOs). In his book on BGLOs, Lawrence Ross coined the phrase "The Divine Nine" when referring to the coalition.[3]

As required by various campus recognition policies, neither the NPHC, nor its member national or chapter organizations discriminate on the basis of race or religion.

The National Pan-Hellenic Council was established in an age when racial segregation and disenfranchisement plagued African Americans, the rise of each of the black fraternities and sororities that make up the NPHC bore witness to the fact that despite hardships African Americans refused to accede to a status of inferiority.[1]

The founding members of the NPHC were Kappa Alpha Psi, Omega Psi Phi, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, and Zeta Phi Beta. The council's membership expanded asAlpha Phi Alpha (1931), Phi Beta Sigma (1931), Sigma Gamma Rho (1937), and Iota Phi Theta (1997) joined this coalition of Black Greek letter organizations (BGLOs). In his book on BGLOs, Lawrence Ross coined the phrase "The Divine Nine" when referring to the coalition.[3]

As required by various campus recognition policies, neither the NPHC, nor its member national or chapter organizations discriminate on the basis of race or religion.

Gibberish, just because they prohibit racism doesn't mean it doesn't happen

The point (that went over some people's heads) is that black fraternities were created because fraternities to this day are mostly white. And I wouldn't be shocked if more weren't like this fraternity.

No because they don't have the access to the power structure white fraternities do. If they did and did that to white students, then it would be an issue.

But SAE members will become politicians, policemen, lawyers and judges. How can you say they wouldn't institutionalize their racism in the workforce?

Marxist bullshit.

Take your Marxist conspiracy theory bullshit out of here, this should be a place where adults debate important issues.

Moron.

Complete unadulterated bull shit

Deflection isn't your strong suit.

Point still stands.
But you don't defeat the problem by creating another version of the same thing. That is hypocrisy and exacerbation.

There were whites only fraternities before there was a single blacks only fraternity so it's OK to have blacks only fraternities.

Having accepted that:

There was a black congressional caucus long before anyone proposed a whites only congressional congress so it's not only OK to have a whites only congressional caucus but taxpayers need to fund it in the interest of fairness and equality.

There were whites only fraternities before there was a single blacks only fraternity so it's OK to have blacks only fraternities.

Having accepted that:

There was a black congressional caucus long before anyone proposed a whites only congressional congress so it's not only OK to have a whites only congressional caucus but taxpayers need to fund it in the interest of fairness and equality.

There have never been any "blacks only" fraternities.

There have never been any "blacks only" fraternities.

It's generally a good idea to read the first post in a thread before participating.

It's generally an even better idea to read the whole thread before participating.

There never have been "Blacks only" fraternities in this country - a point that has been made a number of times in this thread already.

There never have been "Blacks only" fraternities in this country - a point that has been made a number of times in this thread already.

OK.

Now, you DO agree, do you not, that we MUST have a white congressional caucus if there is to be fairness and equality.

If not, why not?

I'm not sure you're understanding how "caucuses" work.

If you think a "White Congressional Caucus" is a good idea, why don't you suggest to your congressman that he start one?

If you think a "White Congressional Caucus" is a good idea, why don't you suggest to your congressman that he start one?

Let me repeat the question a little more loudly as you seem to have not understood it the first time:

Now, you DO agree, do you not, that we MUST have a white congressional caucus if there is to be fairness and equality.

If not, why not?

fTyh3lk.jpg

Let me repeat the question a little more loudly as you seem to have not understood it the first time:

If not, why not?

:lol:

I "understood" your question, it's the same race-baiting nonsense that we've been hearing from you guys forever.

The point is, your question is completely meaningless. "Fairness and equality" have nothing to do with voluntary organizations of like-minded Congressmen. If you want a "White Congressional Caucus", then petition your rep to start one. Nothing is stopping you.

I "understood" your question, it's the same race-baiting nonsense that we've been hearing from you guys forever.

The point is, your question is completely meaningless. "Fairness and equality" have nothing to do with voluntary organizations of like-minded Congressmen. If you want a "White Congressional Caucus", then petition your rep to start one. Nothing is stopping you.

I believe that's weaseling to avoid answering the question which I'll reiterate so you can try again unless, of course, it's simply too hard for your level of reading comprehension:

If not, why not?

A simple "yes" or "no" would be sufficient.

Forum List

Back