Zone1 Why are there so many "religious" threads on this board?

Ok. So you don't understand that terminology then?

Let me help you. There are things within the spiritual community that are highly frowned upon. One of those things is doing some type of divination on someone else without their consent like tarot or scrying or things of that nature.
You're standing on my energy! Begone witch! :auiqs.jpg:

1. Our nation is not a theocracy. 2. Our nation is a republic ( pagan ) with democratic ideals ( also pagan ). 3. The reason pagan ideals make up the framework and founding principles of our nation is because they are infinitely more just and encourage equality for all. Most of the problems with the young nation were caused by religious " values ". Which is why they didn't last. Thank GOD for that
Are you a communist?

Anytime a religion achieves political power, yes.
You mean like militant atheism? Yes, they were pretty bad.

But can you name a religion in the last 100 years which you believe is comparable to ISIS and the Taliban? And why? Besides of course the religion of militant atheism.

Last edited:
I asked about your measure and your objectivity.
No. You asked me "Is Christianity today the same as Christianity of the past?" And I replied "Depends upon your measure. And your objectivity."

So what measure do you want me to use? Because you have asked a pretty wide open question.

No. You asked me "Is Christianity today the same as Christianity of the past?" And I replied "Depends upon your measure. And your objectivity."

So what measure do you want me to use? Because you have asked a pretty wide open question.
Pick one.

Pick one.
Based on the following 39 measures I'd say they are pretty similar.

1. Christianity promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness.
  2. Christianity creates wonderful charities and organizations
  3. Christians and Christian institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions.
  4. Christianity has been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing.
  5. Christianity gave us the concept of subsidiarity.
  6. Christianity has done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility.
  7. Christianity teaches accountability and responsibility.
  8. Christianity teaches that we have a choice in how we behave.
  9. Christianity teaches that actions have consequences.
  10. Christianity inspires a sense of wonder in nature and the universe.
  11. Christianity helps us feel connected to one another and to nature.
  12. Christianity helps us feel less alone in the world.
  13. Christianity serves to ennoble the human spirit.
  14. Christianity serves to bind the community together.
  15. Christianity inspires love, peace and happiness.
  16. Christianity serves to create traditions.
  17. Christianity brings order to our lives.
  18. Christianity brings comfort to the terminally ill.
  19. Christianity can act as a source of hope for the oppressed.
  20. Christianity teaches that we can transform ourselves.
  21. Christian values were the foundation which Western Civilization was built upon.
  22. No other institution played a greater role in shaping Western Civilization than the Catholic Church.
  23. Modern science was born in the Catholic Church.
  24. Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market.
  25. The Catholic Church invented the university.
  26. Western law grew out of Church canon law.
  27. The Catholic Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life.
  28. The Church constantly sought to alleviate the evils of slavery and repeatedly denounced the mass enslavement of conquered populations and the infamous slave trade, thereby undermining slavery at its sources.
  29. Christianity gave us great thinkers, leaders and humanitarians.
  30. Christianity gave us America.
  31. Christianity gave us incredible artwork.
  32. Christianity gave us incredible music.
  33. Christianity gave us incredible architecture.
  34. Christianity has spread democracy.
  35. Christians fought other Christians in WWII to end their aggression.
  36. Christians rebuilt Europe after WWII.
  37. Christians rebuilt Japan after WWII.
  38. Christians put a man on the moon.
  39. Christians ended the cold war.

You like that term don't you. Is it different from militant theism?

Sorry but I don't know any religions that are only 100 years old.
Just in the number of people militant atheism has murdered in the last 100 years. That's pretty different.

You also don't have any examples of militant theism in the last 100 years other than the Taliban and ISIS. Checkmate!!!!

Then shut up fool ...
You don't need to tell me, you nitwit ... :auiqs.jpg:

I will not be quiet and these are legit questions. Asking about someone's ethical stance is kind of normal. Don't you agree?
I can see from here.

I will not be quiet and these are legit questions.

Why are you asking me questions that have nothing to do with me?
How many times to I have to tell you ... You don't know what you are talking about ...
And nothing you have suggested has anything to do with me?

Are you just retarded ... :auiqs.jpg:

Maybe worry about your own damn posts and quit trying to CONTROL the thoughts and expressions of everyone else
I'm not pushing any agenda like you are. I simply offer alternative thoughts on our existence in this world. People like you seem unable or unwilling to think or believe out of your very small boxes you live in. That's your problem. You don't have the right to railroad everyone else.

And in this "religious " nation your rights are given to you by God instead of old dead white guys. Which means that God doesn't change his opinion of your rights....therefore man cannot take them away. And if man does try there is hell to pay.

AMEN. :clap::clap::clap:

No government will ever truly take away our God-given rights. And even if they manage to trample all over them, they won't get away with it ultimately, because contrary to what atheists and communists think, they are not the highest power. They'll learn that one day.

Why are you asking me questions that have nothing to do with me?
How many times to I have to tell you ... You don't know what you are talking about ...
And nothing you have suggested has anything to do with me?

Are you just retarded ... :auiqs.jpg:

I distinctly remember you having an alt here (and admitted to it being your alt) that seemed to be rather knowledgeable about the subject. It was actually the alt that you first used your alignment writing style with.

Forum List

Back