Why are things so expensive?

Florida had a way higher crime and homeless problem than they report. I just spent a month in Florida. Floridiots tell me that a lot of crime goes un reported. Even when you report it to the police,they don't report it back at the station. They say sorry there's nothing we can do about it.

A car pulled up, guy got out, ripped the woman's necklace off her neck, they saw the car drive into the trailer park across the street. They were able to tell the police what kind of car it was. The cops said sorry, we aren't going in there.

Florida has homeless bums EVERYWHERE. It's paradise for them. NY is cold. I say your numbers in Texas and Florida are bullshit.
As the primary purveyor of bullshit on this board you'd be the expert on such.

I believe they said on our local news last night there were 23,000 homicides in Florida in 2022, yes we have many crimes. The more populated (of course) has the majority but the panhandle from Pensacola to Tally has a lot. Big drug problem in Pensacola.
My brothers neighbor in Florida, a 66 year old woman, is on crack. Last year she was anti drugs except pot. And the woman across the street does it too or did because she went to a 20 day rehab while I was there. Fort Lauderdale is a big city I'm sure it's not too hard to find but I like not knowing anyone who can get me crack. At first she told me a story about how she tried it ONCE. Then the next day she told me a story that said she's done it more than once. I called her on it. She said "I'm a 66 year old single woman who gives a fuck?" I kind of agree. Only now she's a 66 year old crack head. Why not go for walks to the beach and meet some new people? i told her to get a Ebike. It would be the best thing she ever bought. Get down to the beach in 10 minutes. Fresh air, exercise and socialization. Instead of going to your "friends" house to do crack with him till 4am in the morning. What a loser.

In 2021, there were 5,964,526 adults aged 65 and older living in California, the most out of all U.S. states, followed by Florida with almost 4.6 million adults aged 65 and older.

How many Floridiots rely on social security? Do they know Republicans hate that social program?

My brothers neighbor in Florida, a 66 year old woman, is on crack. Last year she was anti drugs except pot. And the woman across the street does it too or did because she went to a 20 day rehab while I was there. Fort Lauderdale is a big city I'm sure it's not too hard to find but I like not knowing anyone who can get me crack. At first she told me a story about how she tried it ONCE. Then the next day she told me a story that said she's done it more than once. I called her on it. She said "I'm a 66 year old single woman who gives a fuck?" I kind of agree. Only now she's a 66 year old crack head. Why not go for walks to the beach and meet some new people? i told her to get a Ebike. It would be the best thing she ever bought. Get down to the beach in 10 minutes. Fresh air, exercise and socialization. Instead of going to your "friends" house to do crack with him till 4am in the morning. What a loser.

In 2021, there were 5,964,526 adults aged 65 and older living in California, the most out of all U.S. states, followed by Florida with almost 4.6 million adults aged 65 and older.

How many Floridiots rely on social security? Do they know Republicans hate that social program?

Your family must live in the ghetto or impoverished area. Hate to hear that, sealy.

Very true

Now, let’s look at what has caused the current spike in inflation.

COVID
Shut down international trade, ships lined up at ports because nobody was there to unload them. The international supply chain was disrupted.

Ukraine war
Oil and grain shipments were disrupted by the war.
Caused a spike in fuel prices and an increase in the price of food.

Now, Republicans have used these events to blame our President. If you can show other countries did not see the same inflation, you may have a point.

But you can’t do that
Prog governors and mayors close a lot of their states down. when the safety nets are a lot lower, they acting the same way will kill millions of people. In these newer times that have evolved over some years never forget those who screwed you over in anything. Help no one unless you want to. We affected our own oil supply more than the Ukraine war can ever do. Progs are frauds and destroyer. The ultimate parasites who use the weaknesses of us all to achieve massive power and they use endless printing of the fiat currency to keep it. Now at this time there are cracks in their rusted-out armor, and they are turning on themselves.

personal belief, WE pick out the things that support our party's stance.
and post and support ONLY those things that support that view.
Time to UNITE get honest support our country not a political party.

Your family must live in the ghetto or impoverished area. Hate to hear that, sealy.
No actually it's a very nice neighborhood. The condo my brother bought did let this one woman in who was on disability years ago. Her rich sister bought it for her. Years ago it was only nice couples from Europe, NY, Jersey, Canada snowbirds. After the Bush Great Recession the prices dropped and 3 deplorables moved in. 2 are dead. This woman is the only one left. Everyone else is wonderful.

The woman across the street and her husband own a very successful air conditioning business. And she was willed $1.5 million dollars recently. But she's a psycho on drugs so she's emptying HIS bank accounts knowing she has $1.5 in reserves. She's spending up his money. She was on drugs last year when I visited and finally she's in rehab.

But the point is, crack gets into nice neighborhoods too. Lonely unhappy housewives or retired losers or on disability have no life and they attract the deplorables.

The woman next door, was trying to get me to do crack. I told her I didn't appreciate it. I did coke years ago and I probably wasted $10K on that crap. So I know when a loser is trying to see if I will do crack with them because misery loves company and she can even cut into my crack if I buy it through here. Like I buy the 20 and we split it. How would I know how much a $20 is? So she was trying to get me involved. I told her I really don't appreciate that.

She was talking about trust and giving her a key to our place she would let the maid in after I left I said "are you kidding? Give the key to a crack head?" LOL. She did not appreciate that but that's what she is right? She may be a functioning crack head but I bet it will be hard for her to stop. And I bet she goes from doing it 2 nights a week to 4 or 7 when I get back next year. Or maybe she'll be dead. Nice lady but a total loser. She's lucky she has a rich sister who promised her mother before she died she'd watch after her. And with diabetes, she gets free ozempic, free expensive orthopedic gym shoes, etc.

Crepitus tried to start a thread on this and blamed corporations, which is the only think the Left knows to do. However, the politically deranged partisan hacks are either incapable of understanding the truth, or they purposefully suppress it in order to continue business as usual for their own political wants. However, without a link and any factual backing whatsoever, the thread was closed. LOL.

Surprise, surprise.

But it is not really that hard to understand at all. Inflation is causing prices to rise, so what causes inflation?

At its root, inflation is driven by too much demand relative to supply. More precisely, as former Fed chair Ben Bernanke writes in his macroeconomics textbook with Andrew Abel: “Inflation occurs when the aggregate quantity of goods demanded at any particular price level is rising more quickly than the aggregate quantity of goods supplied at that price level.”

But what causes demand to outpace supply? That can happen for a few different reasons, and to understand them it helps to consider the three pillars of macroeconomics that David Moss describes in his book A Concise Guide to Macroeconomics: What Managers, Executives, and Students Need to Know. Moss structures the book based on output (how much an economy produces), money (how much currency people have or can easily get their hands on), and expectations (what people think will happen next). All three have a role in inflation.
1. Supply shocks: Inflation often happens because of supply shocks — major disruptions to an important economic input, like energy. For example, if a lot of oil fields stop producing oil because of a war, the price of energy increases. Since energy is a critical input into almost every other good, prices of other things rise, too. This is often called “cost-push inflation.”

I would add that when there is a global war on fossil fuels, this also mandates that the reduction of fossil fuels creates a disruption. When governments around the world begin to curb the fossil fuels industry from obtaining their fossil fuels, the only possible end result will be higher prices for everything. But this article is too PC to bring this topic up. Barak Obama basically admitted to this long ago

2. Money supply: Then there’s the demand side of the equation. An increase in the money supply will tend to cause inflation, as Moss explains. “With more cash in their pockets and bank accounts, consumers often find new reasons to buy things,” he writes in the book. “But unless the supply of goods and services has increased in the meantime, the consumers’ mounting demand for products will simply bid up prices, thus stoking inflation. Economists sometimes say that inflation rises when ‘too much money is chasing too few goods.’” This is sometimes referred to as “demand-pull inflation.”

I would add that with government printing money more than ever before, the only possible result can be increased inflation. Again, the article is too PC to point this fact out as well.

3. Unemployment and inflation. Recall that the root of inflation is too much demand relative to supply. Another way of thinking about the same idea is to ask how much “slack” there is in the economy at any point in time. An economy produces stuff using people’s time and ingenuity, machines and other infrastructure, and natural resources. But for various reasons, economies sometimes don’t produce as much as they could: There are lots of workers without jobs, factories that aren’t producing anything, etc. In the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, this high unemployment happened in many countries. There was a lot of “slack” in the economy, meaning lots of economic resources weren’t being put to use.

Again, the article is too PC to bring up the fact that the worldwide Covid shutdowns did this precise thing. The fact that there is a worldwide war on fossil fuels and a worldwide economic shutdown is why there is a worldwide inflation problem. However, the insane spending in the US has made things far worse in the US.

Progressive policies fanned the inflation flames.

Why are things so expensive? That's easy.

Because our dollar is worth less. That pack of cookies isn't more expensive to make, it just takes more dollars to buy it.

Everytime we print 1 dollar we lower the value of all other existing dollars by a fraction of a fraction of a fraction. More you have of something the less each one is worth.

The problem is exacerbated by the fact our money is backed by nothing but debt. Our debt is our currency that gives our money value. So we take our debt and sell it to like say china in the form of Treasury bonds which are just paper

So everytime someone like California raises fast food wages to 20 dollars an hour money goes down, when we send hundreds of billions to Ukraine our money goes down, we maybe a billion on illegals our money goes down, when we spend millions to pay federal employees working in the field of equity and diversity our money goes down. We waste so much money right now we keep having to print money and more. We're just chasing numbers and everyone wants more.
Nailed it.

Which progressive policies were those?
Pretty much every single one. Generally speaking:

Covid lockdowns

Disastrous withdraw from Afghanistan, which gave Putin the green light to invade Ukraine

Green energy policies which make energy more expensive to everyone

The last Covid payments made to Americans which Democrats overrode Republicans on

All wage increase policies

Giving Palestinians "humanitarian aid" which was funneled to Hamas and now we have a Middle East war

Social justice policies which allow criminals to roam around free, terrorizing Americans and businesses

That's a few off the top of my my head.

Why are things so expensive? That's easy.

Because our dollar is worth less. That pack of cookies isn't more expensive to make, it just takes more dollars to buy it.

Everytime we print 1 dollar we lower the value of all other existing dollars by a fraction of a fraction of a fraction. More you have of something the less each one is worth.

The problem is exacerbated by the fact our money is backed by nothing but debt. Our debt is our currency that gives our money value. So we take our debt and sell it to like say china in the form of Treasury bonds which are just paper

So everytime someone like California raises fast food wages to 20 dollars an hour money goes down, when we send hundreds of billions to Ukraine our money goes down, we maybe a billion on illegals our money goes down, when we spend millions to pay federal employees working in the field of equity and diversity our money goes down. We waste so much money right now we keep having to print money and more. We're just chasing numbers and everyone wants more.
Degrees of Separation From Reality

The college plantation puts inferior people in superior positions within the economy. A diploma is what a Communist Party membership card was in the defunct Soviet Union. Elevating bootlickers instead of the naturally talented has had the same result throughout history and throughout the world.

Look for answers only in whatever is never told us on any band of the specious spectrum.

Trump shutting down the US for a national health emergency stopped production which caused inflation.
Crepitus tried to start a thread on this and blamed corporations, which is the only think the Left knows to do. However, the politically deranged partisan hacks are either incapable of understanding the truth, or they purposefully suppress it in order to continue business as usual for their own political wants. However, without a link and any factual backing whatsoever, the thread was closed. LOL.

Surprise, surprise.

But it is not really that hard to understand at all. Inflation is causing prices to rise, so what causes inflation?

At its root, inflation is driven by too much demand relative to supply. More precisely, as former Fed chair Ben Bernanke writes in his macroeconomics textbook with Andrew Abel: “Inflation occurs when the aggregate quantity of goods demanded at any particular price level is rising more quickly than the aggregate quantity of goods supplied at that price level.”

But what causes demand to outpace supply? That can happen for a few different reasons, and to understand them it helps to consider the three pillars of macroeconomics that David Moss describes in his book A Concise Guide to Macroeconomics: What Managers, Executives, and Students Need to Know. Moss structures the book based on output (how much an economy produces), money (how much currency people have or can easily get their hands on), and expectations (what people think will happen next). All three have a role in inflation.
1. Supply shocks: Inflation often happens because of supply shocks — major disruptions to an important economic input, like energy. For example, if a lot of oil fields stop producing oil because of a war, the price of energy increases. Since energy is a critical input into almost every other good, prices of other things rise, too. This is often called “cost-push inflation.”

I would add that when there is a global war on fossil fuels, this also mandates that the reduction of fossil fuels creates a disruption. When governments around the world begin to curb the fossil fuels industry from obtaining their fossil fuels, the only possible end result will be higher prices for everything. But this article is too PC to bring this topic up. Barak Obama basically admitted to this long ago

2. Money supply: Then there’s the demand side of the equation. An increase in the money supply will tend to cause inflation, as Moss explains. “With more cash in their pockets and bank accounts, consumers often find new reasons to buy things,” he writes in the book. “But unless the supply of goods and services has increased in the meantime, the consumers’ mounting demand for products will simply bid up prices, thus stoking inflation. Economists sometimes say that inflation rises when ‘too much money is chasing too few goods.’” This is sometimes referred to as “demand-pull inflation.”

I would add that with government printing money more than ever before, the only possible result can be increased inflation. Again, the article is too PC to point this fact out as well.

3. Unemployment and inflation. Recall that the root of inflation is too much demand relative to supply. Another way of thinking about the same idea is to ask how much “slack” there is in the economy at any point in time. An economy produces stuff using people’s time and ingenuity, machines and other infrastructure, and natural resources. But for various reasons, economies sometimes don’t produce as much as they could: There are lots of workers without jobs, factories that aren’t producing anything, etc. In the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, this high unemployment happened in many countries. There was a lot of “slack” in the economy, meaning lots of economic resources weren’t being put to use.

Again, the article is too PC to bring up the fact that the worldwide Covid shutdowns did this precise thing. The fact that there is a worldwide war on fossil fuels and a worldwide economic shutdown is why there is a worldwide inflation problem. However, the insane spending in the US has made things far worse in the US.

The answer to "why are things so expensive?" is because you don't have a college degree. People with college degrees make $1 million dollars more than people without. That's about $30K more a year. So for people with college degrees, things aren't so expensive. For uneducated Trump supporters, I'm sure it's killing them. That's why they want to vote in a dictator. They want a daddy like Putin taking care of them.

And their economic situation will still suck but suddenly with Trump in office they'll claim America is great again.

The answer to "why are things so expensive?" is because you don't have a college degree. People with college degrees make $1 million dollars more than people without. That's about $30K more a year. So for people with college degrees, things aren't so expensive. For uneducated Trump supporters, I'm sure it's killing them. That's why they want to vote in a dictator. They want a daddy like Putin taking care of them.

And their economic situation will still suck but suddenly with Trump in office they'll claim America is great again.
If Trump is the answer it's a stupid question.

Trump will take credit for all the success unions had last year if he gets back into office. Because their pay is going up. He has nothing to do with it.

Prices are going down and will continue if he gets back into office. He will have nothing to do with that. Just like Reagan didn't but got all the credit for it. Timing is everything. LOL.

And Trump's not well thought out trade war with China will cause big time inflation.

We are suffering from shrinkflation

About 10% of price increases in recent years come from companies charging the same price -- or more -- for smaller items

The phenomenon, dubbed “shrinkflation,” is gaining more notice even as conventional inflation has come down appreciably from the heights seen in 2022 and 2023

President Joe Biden released a Super Bowl YouTube ad calling on companies to “put a stop to this.”

Another category, snacks, saw 9.8% of its inflation over that period attributable to shrinkflation.
The report noted other categories where shrinkflation contributed significantly to overall inflation: household cleaning products (7.3% due to shrinkflation), coffee (7.2%) and candy and chewing gum (7%).
The report also included examples of companies using shrinkflation and related strategies to boost corporate bottom lines.
In one instance, the CEO of a major toilet paper maker was reported to have said on a quarterly financial reporting call that consumers were unlikely to change their buying habits even if they realized they were paying more for less.

No actually it's a very nice neighborhood. The condo my brother bought did let this one woman in who was on disability years ago. Her rich sister bought it for her. Years ago it was only nice couples from Europe, NY, Jersey, Canada snowbirds. After the Bush Great Recession the prices dropped and 3 deplorables moved in. 2 are dead. This woman is the only one left. Everyone else is wonderful.

The woman across the street and her husband own a very successful air conditioning business. And she was willed $1.5 million dollars recently. But she's a psycho on drugs so she's emptying HIS bank accounts knowing she has $1.5 in reserves. She's spending up his money. She was on drugs last year when I visited and finally she's in rehab.

But the point is, crack gets into nice neighborhoods too. Lonely unhappy housewives or retired losers or on disability have no life and they attract the deplorables.

The woman next door, was trying to get me to do crack. I told her I didn't appreciate it. I did coke years ago and I probably wasted $10K on that crap. So I know when a loser is trying to see if I will do crack with them because misery loves company and she can even cut into my crack if I buy it through here. Like I buy the 20 and we split it. How would I know how much a $20 is? So she was trying to get me involved. I told her I really don't appreciate that.

She was talking about trust and giving her a key to our place she would let the maid in after I left I said "are you kidding? Give the key to a crack head?" LOL. She did not appreciate that but that's what she is right? She may be a functioning crack head but I bet it will be hard for her to stop. And I bet she goes from doing it 2 nights a week to 4 or 7 when I get back next year. Or maybe she'll be dead. Nice lady but a total loser. She's lucky she has a rich sister who promised her mother before she died she'd watch after her. And with diabetes, she gets free ozempic, free expensive orthopedic gym shoes, etc.

Your stories are awesome sealy. I believe them too.

Forum List

Back