WHY athiests/agnostics "persist."

When a person passes off some ill worded fantastical phrase in defense of why they believe, it can be off putting.

In my experience there is nothing that pisses people off more than someone who knows what they believe and why they believe it.

Then your experience is extremely limited.

No one takes issue with someone who knows what he believes and why he believes it.

Conflict manifests when arrogant theists work to compel others to believe as they believe by seeking to codify religious dogma in secular law.

I hate to burst your little bubble, but I take issue with the fact that you know what you believe and why you believe it all the time, because the why you know it is 100% wrong.

Well if the state is buying religious paraphenalia then yea - it picks their pockets.

No matter who pays for it, it's immaterial to the evangelical atheist.

Jefferson was referring to religious freedom of the individual, OBVIOUSLY. not the ability of the State to establish a religion via purchase.

The state does not establish a religion "via purchase". It would have to enact a law to do that, which interestingly, is what the first amendement really says.

Last edited:
Well if the state is buying religious paraphenalia then yea - it picks their pockets.

Jefferson was referring to religious freedom of the individual, OBVIOUSLY. not the ability of the State to establish a religion via purchase.

The state does not establish a religion "via purchase". It would have to enact a law to do that.

I knowwit dude. I was too loose with my language.

So....anyways, you despise evangelic atheists. Awesome!

I consider myself agnostic and have no common ground with atheists. The two are exclusive in my book.

I also consider the possibility that God exists, but one must be properly enlightened in order to grasp and accept what to people of faith, is self-evident. Maybe they are just more in tune to the spiritual world than you or me.
^^^
This here.

Though agnostic, radical militant atheists make me want to whop them upside the head with a salmon.

I am neither threatened nor offended about a manger scene during Christmas, "In God We Trust" on the money, or any of the other petty nonsense that the atheist howler monkeys get themselves all in a later about.

That you and others on the right are ignorant of, or hostile to, Establishment Clause jurisprudence comes as no surprise.

Just curious, how does the fact that she doesn't care make her part of the right? Are you offended by what she said, or why you know?

Quantum your posts arent even worth dignifying. Youre just a nuisance.

Are you upset because I point out things about yourself you don't like? Have you considered changing those things, or do you prefer to insult the people who see them?

^^^
This here.

Though agnostic, radical militant atheists make me want to whop them upside the head with a salmon.

I am neither threatened nor offended about a manger scene during Christmas, "In God We Trust" on the money, or any of the other petty nonsense that the atheist howler monkeys get themselves all in a later about.

That you and others on the right are ignorant of, or hostile to, Establishment Clause jurisprudence comes as no surprise.

Just curious, how does the fact that she doesn't care make her part of the right? Are you offended by what she said, or why you know?

Just curious...how do u know these posters dont have a history?

Nother failed flailed gotcha moment.

Dork.

This thread was going alright till little mrs. Prissy gotcha pants came in going line by line trying her best for a "gotcha" on someone.

Get a fugginnnn Life jeebus

The state does not establish a religion "via purchase". It would have to enact a law to do that.

I knowwit dude. I was too loose with my language.

So....anyways, you despise evangelic atheists. Awesome!

Cool, sounds like we're done here.

I literally made a thread OP on the basis of agnosticism. Which is admitting "i dont know."

Then you post a hundred paragraphs about how im somehow a closed minded know it all.

Just shut up dude. Just stop. Youre pathetic and officially: ON MY NUTS.

You did no such thing, and I can prove it using your own words.

Let me quote this so you can't whinge about it later.

I once did not believe that a wireless phone signal could exist.
the truth was revealed to me, and i accepted it based on said revelation.

What possible evidence did you base your lack of belief in wireless phones on? Was it the fact that radios and TVs are impossible? Because that would make sense. If, however, all you based it on was the fact that you hadn't seen a phone that uses radio waves, that just makes you arrogant and stupid.

Your approach to God is that, because you haven't been slapped in the face with absolute proof that He exist, you know he doesn't.

I question Religion because it is faith based and unprovable.

How do you know it is unprovable? Have you ever actually listened to anyone who was willing to try and prove that religion is real? Keep in mind that I can go back and pull up your lack of willingness to actually listen when I, personally, tried to explain why my faith is actually based on facts. You wanted a fact, I actually pointed out that life doesn't work that way, that it is a number of different things that cause me to have faith.

But evidence is not good enough for you, unless I can produce one single proof that takes you less than 2 seconds to digest, you aren't going to listen.

Then there is this.

I also feel much of it is quite frivolous - and that if there were an omnipotent being it would not engage in such frivolity.

The only possible way God can be real is he meets your personal standards for a deity? How is that a sign of humility?

You are a closed minded bigot. If you don't like that, stop being a close minded bigot, don't cry when people point out the truth.

Last edited:
:lol: glad im not paying for this hoe's bandwidth

And maybe theyre gullible and there isnt one. Seems a worthy task in life to find out, thats all.

Your response to a thoughtful post is to insult people who see things you don't?

Why am I not surprised?

Look up the term: MAYBE.

I was offering the counter possibility to what was presented. This is how reason works. You lay all possibilities on the tabke and then examine.

You dont burst into a thread like a nutjob and start psychobabbling your spiddle.

Lots of people have said maybe Obama was born in Kenya. We both know that the maybe doesn't change the fact that they are idiots. If it doesn't work for them, why should you get a pass?

By the way, I haven't burst into this thread like a nutjob. I have presented reasoned arguments, and haven't even insulted you.

Unless you think being called a close minded bigot is an insult. Once again, if you do, change.

Kay bro...u done? I dont like you. Kay? Mmkay.

Its a dumb question. The counter question explains how. Retard. :lol:

Dork.

Just curious, how does the fact that they may, or may not, have a history make her the right?

Dork.

Just curious, how does the fact that they may, or may not, have a history make her the right?
Cuz she could have told him before she was on the right, dumbfuck.

Didnt consider that before your arrogant wanna be gotcha moment huh sally?

Ahahhaha what a pussy

Forum List

Back