Why be a liberal?

With liberalism you get this - liberty.
Burkini.jpg

Liberty rocks. The Founders were liberals. Now, why don't you understand this? You should be all over defending liberty like white on rice but you aren't. Why so?
Being a liberal alleviates chronic constipation.

Burkini.jpg

Liberty rocks. The Founders were liberals. Now, why don't you understand this? You should be all over defending liberty like white on rice but you aren't. Why so?
Liberty means freedom. Liberalism is the antithesis to liberty. The founders broke away from that so you are badly confused. Liberals lie about everything to push their agendas including our history.
Liberalism is what grants to you - liberty.

"Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others; but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in “Common Sense” (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power."
liberalism | politics

As opposed to Classical Liberalism, modern day progrssives are authoritarian by nature. They pay lip service to "liberalism", but underlying everything they do is an increase in coercive government power.

And liberalism "gives" you nothing. Human Rights are a Natural Right. Governments take those Rights from you.

"Classical liberalism is a political ideology that values the freedom of individuals — including the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and markets — as well as limited government. It developed in 18th-century Europe and drew on the economic writings of Adam Smith and the growing notion of social progress. Liberalism was also influenced by the writings of Thomas Hobbes, who argued that governments exist to protect individuals from each other. In 19th- and 20th-century America, the values of classical liberalism became dominant in both major political parties. The term is sometimes used broadly to refer to all forms of liberalism prior to the 20th century. Conservatives and libertarians often invoke classical liberalism to mean a fundamental belief in minimal government."

Chegg.com

Burkini.jpg

Liberty means freedom. Liberalism is the antithesis to liberty. The founders broke away from that so you are badly confused. Liberals lie about everything to push their agendas including our history.

"Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others; but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in “Common Sense” (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power."
liberalism | politics

As opposed to Classical Liberalism, modern day progrssives are authoritarian by nature. They pay lip service to "liberalism", but underlying everything they do is an increase in coercive government power.

And liberalism "gives" you nothing. Human Rights are a Natural Right. Governments take those Rights from you.

"Classical liberalism is a political ideology that values the freedom of individuals — including the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and markets — as well as limited government. It developed in 18th-century Europe and drew on the economic writings of Adam Smith and the growing notion of social progress. Liberalism was also influenced by the writings of Thomas Hobbes, who argued that governments exist to protect individuals from each other. In 19th- and 20th-century America, the values of classical liberalism became dominant in both major political parties. The term is sometimes used broadly to refer to all forms of liberalism prior to the 20th century. Conservatives and libertarians often invoke classical liberalism to mean a fundamental belief in minimal government."

Chegg.com
And just what are these modern-day progressives up to that is cause you such angst?
And no mention of John Stuart Mill? For shame.

I don't see a lot of other regressives defending the regressive who started this thread, do you?

He's even out there, compared to THEM.

:laugh:
Not many real liberals around, Mac in the middle.
I said "regressives", not liberals.

You are no liberal.
And how would you know that, Mac in the middle? I can defend free speech, religious liberty, gay marriage, etc. Can you? That is what it means to be - liberal.
Great.

Defend Ann Coulter speaking at a college, and why those who want to shut her down are wrong.

Defend a Christian who doesn't want to bake a wedding cake for a gay marriage.

Knock it out of the park.

Burkini.jpg

liberalism | politics

Chegg.com
And just what are these modern-day progressives up to that is cause you such angst?

Gun control.

Land control.

People control.

I don't see a lot of other regressives defending the regressive who started this thread, do you?

You are no liberal.
And how would you know that, Mac in the middle? I can defend free speech, religious liberty, gay marriage, etc. Can you? That is what it means to be - liberal.
Great.

Defend Ann Coulter speaking at a college, and why those who want to shut her down are wrong.

Progress, and actual question.

Ann Coulter can say whatever the hell she likes (and does) in a private or at a public forum. I defend free speech so that's no issue.

And a bakery is a public accommodation (not a church). Baking cakes for cash is not serving God. Save your hatred for - church.

Burkini.jpg

liberalism | politics

Chegg.com

Gun control.

Land control.

People control.
All in moderation. The Founders didn't found Anarchy-land.

You are no liberal.
Great.

Ann Coulter can say whatever the hell she likes (and does) in a private or at a public forum. I defend free speech so that's no issue.

And a bakery is a public accommodation (not a church). Baking cakes for cash is not serving God. Save your hatred for - church.
So you strongly disagree with those who stopped Coulter from speaking, correct?

And I know the "public accommodation" law is the excuse of the regressives. I'm talking the philosophy of freedom of expression.

You are no liberal.
Great.

And I know the "public accommodation" law is the excuse of the regressives. I'm talking the philosophy of freedom of expression.

I don't agree with stopping people from speaking their minds. There is a time and a place (of course).

You are no liberal.
Great.

I don't agree with stopping people from speaking their minds. There is a time and a place (of course).
And I rest my case.

Thanks for your help.

Great.

And I rest my case.

Thanks for your help.
Adults know when to speak and when to shut the fuck up. It's something we teach our children.

Great.

And I rest my case.

Thanks for your help.
Adults know when to speak and when to shut the fuck up. It's something we teach our children.
Great, thanks.

And I rest my case.

Thanks for your help.
Great, thanks.
And thank you for asking an actual question (instead of your usual, but wrong, pronouncements). See how fun that was?

Be sure to specify modern "liberalism". Classical liberalism is quite the opposite.
Liberal is the term the leftist have hijacked. It wasn't my idea. Like gay, once the term becomes the norm it's in the language. Classical liberals are libertarian these days.
Ah, no. Those are selfish children but, you should no issues with women wearing the burka or the burkini then?
Huh? Like I said, libs lie about everything.

Forum List

Back