Why be a liberal?

Sounds like yet another dilemma for Democrats.
Nope. They neither embrace nor reject religion. It has its place (and should stay there).
And where is this place religion should be embraced?
The outer confines of society namely, at home.
Planning on taking a chisel to D.C. to remove all of that offending religion engraved plainly into some of our institutions?

In which home do these riligious carving belong?
The dump. This is a secular nation.
You've a long road to travel, intolerant one.

You speak of a God that you reject?

Nope. They neither embrace nor reject religion. It has its place (and should stay there).
Planning on taking a chisel to D.C. to remove all of that offending religion engraved plainly into some of our institutions?

They make one (1) exception, of course.

:rolleyes-41:

With liberalism you get this - liberty.
Burkini.jpg

Liberty rocks. The Founders were liberals. Now, why don't you understand this? You should be all over defending liberty like white on rice but you aren't. Why so?
Liberty means freedom. Liberalism is the antithesis to liberty. The founders broke away from that so you are badly confused. Liberals lie about everything to push their agendas including our history.
Liberalism is what grants to you - liberty.

"Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others; but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in “Common Sense” (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power."
liberalism | politics

Exactly. Those are not the beliefs of "modern liberalism". Your concept of "social justice" alone undermines your claim.

Liberal is the term the leftist have hijacked. It wasn't my idea. Like gay, once the term becomes the norm it's in the language. Classical liberals are libertarian these days.
Ah, no. Those are selfish children but, you should no issues with women wearing the burka or the burkini then?
Huh? Like I said, libs lie about everything.
Do you or do you not defend religious liberty?
When did I say otherwise? You're having a conversation with yourself trying to make a point of some kind.
You've been asked a question. Can you answer it?
I don't let retards jerk me around. I answered it by asking when I said otherwise. If you can't grasp that it isn't my shortcoming.

God is a failed idea (that far too many still believe in).

Ah, no. Those are selfish children but, you should no issues with women wearing the burka or the burkini then?
When did I say otherwise? You're having a conversation with yourself trying to make a point of some kind.
I don't let retards jerk me around. I answered it by asking when I said otherwise. If you can't grasp that it isn't my shortcoming.

Even your simple mind can't answer a simple question.

Burkini.jpg

Liberty rocks. The Founders were liberals. Now, why don't you understand this? You should be all over defending liberty like white on rice but you aren't. Why so?
Liberty means freedom. Liberalism is the antithesis to liberty. The founders broke away from that so you are badly confused. Liberals lie about everything to push their agendas including our history.

"Liberalism, political doctrine that takes protecting and enhancing the freedom of the individual to be the central problem of politics. Liberals typically believe that government is necessary to protect individuals from being harmed by others; but they also recognize that government itself can pose a threat to liberty. As the revolutionary American pamphleteer Thomas Paine expressed it in “Common Sense” (1776), government is at best “a necessary evil.” Laws, judges, and police are needed to secure the individual’s life and liberty, but their coercive power may also be turned against him. The problem, then, is to devise a system that gives government the power necessary to protect individual liberty but also prevents those who govern from abusing that power."
liberalism | politics

Exactly. Those are not the beliefs of "modern liberalism". Your concept of "social justice" alone undermines your claim.

Not much justice in this world, but we do our best (some of us).

Even your simple mind can't answer a simple question.
I did so you proved you are a retard again.

I wouldn't know.

I'm an Agnostic.

But you continue to speak of a God that you reject.

I think it's hilarious that the op thinks the oppression of women is cause to celebrate being a liberal.

What a fucking loon
No one is repressing that woman (as far as we can tell.) She is honoring God. Islam means one who submits to God.
And if you don't submit to this particular "GOD?"

And yes. I see repression.
Christians, Jews, and Muslims are monotheistic .. the same God.

Only nontrinitatian Christians are monotheist.

Burkini.jpg

liberalism | politics

Nope. You people fuck things up beyond the pale.

Watching the conservatives here live their lives on their knees, that only elicits sadness in us now. It's impossible to be angry at creatures who are so pitiful.

We've tried to save them, to make loyal Americans out of them again. It didn't work. They don't want to be saved. They've become addicted to licking the boots of their authoritarian masters. At this point, we have to cut them loose. Conservatives can't be helped until they want to be helped, and they'll have to hit rock bottom before that happens.
You need to venture out into the world.

If that is too difficult, then I suggest you open an window.

Watching the conservatives here live their lives on their knees, that only elicits sadness in us now. It's impossible to be angry at creatures who are so pitiful.

We've tried to save them, to make loyal Americans out of them again. It didn't work. They don't want to be saved. They've become addicted to licking the boots of their authoritarian masters. At this point, we have to cut them loose. Conservatives can't be helped until they want to be helped, and they'll have to hit rock bottom before that happens.
These are reactionaries - not conservatives. They give conservatives a bad name.
You are the poster boy for reactionary.

Burkini.jpg

liberalism | politics

Seems to working for most here, just maybe not you.

This is your Regressive Left, gang.

Celebrating that a woman is forced by her religion to wear that shit in a public pool.

There is no better proof that these people are NOT liberals.
Why does it matter WHY she is wearing It? Regardless of WHY she wears it, she should be free to do it without some rightwinger throwing a tantrum over it. That's just stupid. Forget the why. It doesn't matter. If you want to talk about oppression of women from Islam, keep it as a separate topic.

liberalism | politics

Seems to working for most here, just maybe not you.

To the contrary, it is not.

I wouldn't know.

I'm an Agnostic.

But you continue to speak of a God that you reject.

God is a topic worthy of discussion. Nonsense but interesting nonsense.

Great.

Defend Ann Coulter speaking at a college, and why those who want to shut her down are wrong.

Defend a Christian who doesn't want to bake a wedding cake for a gay marriage.

Knock it out of the park.
Progress, and actual question.

Ann Coulter can say whatever the hell she likes (and does) in a private or at a public forum. I defend free speech so that's no issue.

And a bakery is a public accommodation (not a church). Baking cakes for cash is not serving God. Save your hatred for - church.
So you strongly disagree with those who stopped Coulter from speaking, correct?

And I know the "public accommodation" law is the excuse of the regressives. I'm talking the philosophy of freedom of expression.

So you strongly disagree with those who stopped Coulter from speaking, correct?
I don't agree with stopping people from speaking their minds. There is a time and a place (of course).
And I rest my case.

Thanks for your help.
Adults know when to speak and when to shut the fuck up. It's something we teach our children.
Yes. As an Adult I do know when to speak.

And I don't teach my children to " Shut the fuck up!"

Forum List

Back