🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why bother to vote?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
If you live in a red state it will stay red, if you live in a blue state it will stay blue, your vote doesn't matter so don't waste your time.

That is all ..

If you live in a red state it will stay red, if you live in a blue state it will stay blue, your vote doesn't matter so don't waste your time.

That is all ..

Some people need to vote so that you don't need to.

That is all ..

I've thought this for several years...…...but in 2016 it was interesting to see some 'blue' counties turning purple. IOW, if you are in a designated Blue or Red state, if enough voters turn out to vote......it could be changed.

Every lever that gets pulled needs to think-“Do I want to vote for the party that wants to keep illegal invaders out or the one who wants to usher them in”
That’s why vote

That is all ..

Yes. During the presidential election only 12 states matter. Fuck Wyoming with it's 3.7 times voting power per person. They don't get to choose the president. Fuck California with it's lowest voting power, they don't get to choose either.

Presidential candidates couldn't give a flying fuck about either state, nor the other 36 states. Nor Puerto Rico because, fuck them, they don't even get to vote.

Then you have House elections where gerrymandering often means you don't choose.

Negative voting is the NORM in the US, because people don't have a real choice.

In Germany they have a REAL CHOICE. They can choose from at least 7 or 8 different political choices, and then there's real representation in parliament. In the US. No, does it matter if your Rep or Dem wins? No, they'll still represent the rich and not you.

hqdefault.jpg

I'll do my part to try and stop that from happening again............Nuff said.

That is all ..

Yes. During the presidential election only 12 states matter. Fuck Wyoming with it's 3.7 times voting power per person. They don't get to choose the president. Fuck California with it's lowest voting power, they don't get to choose either.

Presidential candidates couldn't give a flying fuck about either state, nor the other 36 states. Nor Puerto Rico because, fuck them, they don't even get to vote.

Then you have House elections where gerrymandering often means you don't choose.

Negative voting is the NORM in the US, because people don't have a real choice.

In Germany they have a REAL CHOICE. They can choose from at least 7 or 8 different political choices, and then there's real representation in parliament. In the US. No, does it matter if your Rep or Dem wins? No, they'll still represent the rich and not you.

Then maybe you should move there......

That is all ..

Voting is more than just about winning or losing. Voting tells representatives how the country feels.

I live in a swing state but in a heavy blue area. My vote does not count for winning anything in Congress, but it does provide statistics about how voters like me feel.

If our Congress person sees interest slipping away, she may decide to back off of hard left policies. Conversely, if a hard righty sees his or her constituency slipping away or becoming less interested in voting, they too have to consider the outcome.

But I like your message, just as long as only the left adheres to it.

"You never really lose until you quit trying."
Mike Ditka

That is all ..

Voting is more than just about winning or losing. Voting tells representatives how the country feels.

I live in a swing state but in a heavy blue area. My vote does not count for winning anything in Congress, but it does provide statistics about how voters like me feel.

If our Congress person sees interest slipping away, she may decide to back off of hard left policies. Conversely, if a hard righty sees his or her constituency slipping away or becoming less interested in voting, they too have to consider the outcome.

But I like your message, just as long as only the left adheres to it.

"You never really lose until you quit trying."
Mike Ditka

The only thing I would change about your comment, which I cynically like by the way...

"But I like your message, just as long as nobody adheres to it. "

Forum List

Back