🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Can't Republicans Use Their Own Music?

I didn't know that music had an ideological slant to it. I'll keep that in mind the next time I download something onto my ipod.
so you didn't see all the artis who sent to the trumps campaign to stop using their music ... seems you'll have a very short song list on your iPod ... pick someone you like, they told Trump not to play their music

Trump should honor all cease and desist letters. If a musician and group does not want to be associated with a particular campaign, the campaign should be happy to oblige, after all we all want good publicity. This brings the question of why this happens so often and why aren't Republican's looking for music from their own supporters? Democrats don't have this problem, you will never hear a Lee Greenwood song sung at Democratic rallies. Democrats must have a better message in their music.
democrats are smart enough to ask first to use their music ...republicans try to get away without asking ... because they know they will be turn down, so we get a bunch of cease orders we still played it ... next song is their answer and they will play it until the next cease order ...what artist should do is send a cease order to what ever campaign telling them not to use any of their songs at their venue ... I think that would be the easy way

I didn't know that music had an ideological slant to it. I'll keep that in mind the next time I download something onto my ipod.
so you didn't see all the artis who sent to the trumps campaign to stop using their music ... seems you'll have a very short song list on your iPod ... pick someone you like, they told Trump not to play their music

Trump should honor all cease and desist letters. If a musician and group does not want to be associated with a particular campaign, the campaign should be happy to oblige, after all we all want good publicity. This brings the question of why this happens so often and why aren't Republican's looking for music from their own supporters? Democrats don't have this problem, you will never hear a Lee Greenwood song sung at Democratic rallies. Democrats must have a better message in their music.
democrats are smart enough to ask first to use their music ...republicans try to get away without asking ... because they know they will be turn down, so we get a bunch of cease orders we still played it ... next song is their answer and they will play it until the next cease order ...what artist should do is send a cease order to what ever campaign telling them not to use any of their songs at their venue ... I think that would be the easy way

This is probably true, yet they could save themselves a lot of trouble and embarrassment if the clued the kid in charge of the music ahead of time.

Holy hell, why is this even a topic? This is so idiotic there isn't even a word for it...

Pay the fees, use the music, tough shit.
its not a case of fees, its a case of influence ... why do you think that the beatles refused to have any of their music played in a commercials ... they believed it would influence the people buying it in their name ... it wasn't a case of money it was a case of influence... when their lawyers sold the publishing rights to their songs to pay for their recording cost, people like Michael Jackson Bought them up .. jackson now could sell their music to the people who writes commercials using beatle music... which didn't make the founding members of the beatles very happy ... it all has to deal with influence .. nothing more

Holy hell, why is this even a topic? This is so idiotic there isn't even a word for it...

its not a case of fees, its a case of influence ... why do you think that the beatles refused to have any of their music played in a commercials ... they believed it would influence the people buying it in their name ... it wasn't a case of money it was a case of influence... when their lawyers sold the publishing rights to their songs to pay for their recording cost, people like Michael Jackson Bought them up .. jackson now could sell their music to the people who writes commercials using beatle music... which didn't make the founding members of the beatles very happy ... it all has to deal with influence .. nothing more

Anyone influenced to buy a product or vote for candidate because of the soundtrack, is a moron.

This is probably true, yet they could save themselves a lot of trouble and embarrassment if the clued the kid in charge of the music ahead of time.
they could care less ... I know in bill clinton campaign they ask fleetwood mac to use their music ... Hillary clinton ask Rachel Patten to use her song in her campaign... republicans know they will more then likely get turn down ... so they don't ask do you really think they would be embarrassed by and artist telling them to stop ??? i don't ... it happen under bush 1, 2, McCain, and Romney and now trump so they know better then to ask ... its not there first rodeo

After GW I wouldn't let any Free Trade candidate use my song.
Not that Left Wing artists that sing about nipple sucking know anything about economics.

Anyone influenced to buy a product or vote for candidate because of the soundtrack, is a moron.
really ...you never had a Beatles Nehru Jacket ??? beatle boots??? beatle hair cut ??? my mistake ... you really don't get to call some one a moron if you had a cowboy hat... mickey mouse ears ...buck rogers helmet or what ever movie star wore

It's emotional manipulation -- which is part of most advertising as well as political pandering. Rump runs his entire campaign on it exclusively.

So ----- yep, yer right.

they could care less ... I know in bill clinton campaign they ask fleetwood mac to use their music ... Hillary clinton ask Rachel Patten to use her song in her campaign... republicans know they will more then likely get turn down ... so they don't ask do you really think they would be embarrassed by and artist telling them to stop ??? i don't ... it happen under bush 1, 2, McCain, and Romney and now trump so they know better then to ask ... its not there first rodeo
Good points and why it is easier to get permission ahead of time or find other artists to use.

I didn't see how they can tell him not to use the music if they paid for it and some of these songs are so old that to pay royalties on it would be like paying royalties to bethoven at this point.
let ne enlighten you on publishing rights and copy right ...its like your car ... before you let some one use your car, after all you own it, you give them permission to use it ... if someone is going to use your music and you now own copy right and publishing, you have the right to let them use it or sell them the right to use it ... Trump didn't ask... he didn't pay them for it ... he took their music ... if some one took your car how happy would you be ... but then again thats a habit trump has ... take something from somebody then don't pay for it ...

Good points and why it is easier to get permission ahead of time or find other artists to use.
well its a case they ask were others don't care

I'll just leave this here.

I could see masses of Republicans dancing wildly to that.

So who's sock are you? Franco?

No sock, sorry.

tpy8GR.gif

I say the songs should be available to all politicians to use in campaign rallies and President Trump and the GOP congress should change copyright laws immediately. Fuck those libtardian songwriters who sell their songs to conservative and spit in our faces.

All I hear are musicians and lyricists complaining about politicians using their copyrighted sound tracks, Why is it so hard for Republicans to use and proudly display music from right wingers? I know that the CMA is loaded with righties and so is conventional music. Is it because the left has a better message? is more original in thought? Must be because we have a take down letter just about every week.

"The Donald Trump campaign is on the verge of running out of music options as The O'Jays are the latest artists to request that their music not be used in support of the Republican presidential nominee.

Last week at the Republican National Convention, the lyrics to the band's No. 1 hit "Love Train" were remixed to "Trump Train," without the band's consent. Now another one of the R&B group's songs, "For The Love Of Money," has been used without their permission in a pro-Trump video from Rep. John Mica of Florida.

In response to the latest use of their work, attorneys for the O'Jays' two founding members, Eddie Levert and Walter Williams, have sent a cease and desist letter to the congressman, as well as the Trump campaign courtesy of his campaign manager, Paul Manafort.

"We don't appreciate having our music associated with a campaign that is hurtful to so many with whom we have common ground," said Williams. "We've really had enough of this. I'm living proof that America is already great; I came from nothing and everyday I feel blessed to live in the greatest country on earth. We support those who inspire in a positive way as opposed to bullying and using scare tactics." Donald Trump sent cease and desist letter from The O'Jays

Trump Train?
train-wreck.jpg
They should.

Forum List

Back