Why can't we learn from Benghazi?

SD, you are correct.

We will never waste millions on millions on spurious investigations for partisan ideological advantage.

Over 13 hours of fighting, and who rescues the Americans at the CIA covert base?

It wasn't 13 hours of fighting. The initial battle was not long and ended after the building was engulfed.
The mortar attack was exactly two rounds long.

SD, you are correct.

We will never waste millions on millions on spurious investigations for partisan ideological advantage.

Over 13 hours of fighting, and who rescues the Americans at the CIA covert base?

It wasn't 13 hours of fighting. The initial battle was not long and ended after the building was engulfed.

Get your facts straight, please.

Obviously no one is going to suffer for screwing up but since that is going to be true why can't we just examine what happen so we can learn from it and not be in the position where this is repeated in the future? That would seem like the most constructive course of action we can take from this point forward.
Number one lesson that should be learned is...don't run for president if your head is up your ass, Hillary.

Obviously no one is going to suffer for screwing up but since that is going to be true why can't we just examine what happen so we can learn from it and not be in the position where this is repeated in the future? That would seem like the most constructive course of action we can take from this point forward.
I am sure the CIA and the USN have already learned a lot from it.

The issue is how to get a QRF (helo loaded with Marines) to any given embassy or consulate compound within a very short time while the American defenders there are locked up in their security compartment.

The answer is not so easy.

I am sure the Navy is working on this.

It means more Marines deployed on more Navy warships of all sizes from frigate to carrier -- any ship that can carry two helo's. Helo's like to travel in pairs in case something goes wrong with one of them.

It also means authorization for immediate deployment of the QRF by the ship's captain without delay by The White House or by the CIA.

And it also means we will need more Marines -- specifically infantry Marines trained in small unit platoon sized raids.

Those were the SNAFU's from Benghazi.

Number one lesson that should be learned is...don't run for president if your head is up your ass, Hillary.
The report did not mention Hillary at all.

It criticized Rice for the cover up and Panetta for the delay at CIA.

Actually, we did.

Under Reagan, 90 died at embassy attacks.

Under Bush, 60.

Under Obama and Mrs. Clinton, four.

If the GOP hadn't cut embassy security budgets, we might not even have had those.

GOP Busted On Benghazi: Voted To Cut Hundreds Of Millions In Embassy Security Funds Before Attack

Actually, we did.

Under Bush, 60.

If the GOP hadn't cut embassy security budgets, we might not even have had those.

GOP Busted On Benghazi: Voted To Cut Hundreds Of Millions In Embassy Security Funds Before Attack

And your point is? Oh, I forgot- you don't have one.

Unlike the GOP after Benghazi, the Democrats who controlled Congress held hearings and DID not blame Ronald Reagan.

Unlike Benghazi, Reagan did not dither with political considerations and then lie about it after the fact.
You're right. Republicans refused to investigate Reagan. He could do anything he wanted.
But we still learned from his disasters. Even his illegal gun running.

Actually, we did.

Under Bush, 60.

And your point is? Oh, I forgot- you don't have one.
Wow, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were so stupid. My bad.

Well, I'll explain it for you. Republicans let 90 Americans die. Then they let 60.

Democrats learned from that and unfortunately, four died.

Ambassador Stevens twice said no to military offers of more security, U.S. officials say

But it's actually normal to rely on the expertise of the ambassador. Unfortunately, he was wrong about it being safe.

SD, you are correct.

They are, and you are confused. Read the reports, Lilah,and stop wasting our time until you know what you are talking about.

Why? I believe that the answer is quite simple, or, as George Santayana stated "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it". Look around you. Have we learned anything at all?

I was just saying that perhaps their should be a public discussion on what should be done to prevent this in the future. So far, it seems like some kind of organizational problem since people couldn't get the help they needed for whatever reason. What is that reason and once it is known we can figure out a way to prevent that from happenning in the future.

They already did that lots of times. Pick out any of the many hearings they have had, and read the report. They all found basically the same thing, and those issues are being addressed. I guess that since they didn't prove anything that Hillary did wrong, fox forgot to tell you about the other stuff found.

SD, you are correct.

Really?
Why don't you tells the facts.

SD, you are correct.

Really?
Why don't you tells the facts.

Watch 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi For Free On ...
123movies.to/film/13-hours-

Forum List

Back