Why cruz will likely win a contested convention

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/primary-calendar-and-results.html

You might like this too, it has different links to click.

and a interesting California article, I don't know how factual it is.

The GOP presidential race may hinge on this rare, kooky, California species

Clint Eastwood, and Arnold Schwarzenegger are backing Trump

I live in the bay area, and I do see it changing to more Conservative, so it will be interesting to watch.

I've seen this too. Cruz is really outplaying folks in this election. I know a lot of folks dismiss him in the general, but the fact he's been this detail oriented and strategic in his thinking leads me to believe he will be a very formidable opponent for Hillary in the general.

The establishment hates Cruz as much as they hate Trump.
They do, but as the article points out a lot of the power in the convention will be held by delegates that Cruz's campaign has selected by reading the rules and outplaying everyone. One of the interesting consequences is that Rule 40, a rule limiting who can be the nominee, likely wouldn't be tossed out as expected earlier. Cruz's delegates will likely ensure Rule 40 stays in place leaving him the only alternative to Trump.

As I said, this is really impressive work by Cruz.

i can't imagine how they could rationalize giving it to paul ryan.

imo romney had a better chance of winning in 2012 until he chose mr personhood as his running mate.

They do, but as the article points out a lot of the power in the convention will be held by delegates that Cruz's campaign has selected by reading the rules and outplaying everyone. One of the interesting consequences is that Rule 40, a rule limiting who can be the nominee, likely wouldn't be tossed out as expected earlier. Cruz's delegates will likely ensure Rule 40 stays in place leaving him the only alternative to Trump.

And the right says Obamacare has too many rules and guidelines....

It sorta scares me, Ted Cruz probably has his dirty tricks planned up to the end.

Yes they do. But Cruz is bringing them to him on his terms. Trump is driving them away.

I have to wonder if Trump wasn't in the Race if Cruz would be able to unite the base as well

It sorta scares me, Ted Cruz probably has his dirty tricks planned up to the end.

What does Obama care have to do with recruiting delegates? And how does recruiting delegates equate to dirty tricks?

The difference between the Trump and Cruz campigans in my opinion is Cruz came in with well organized detailed thought out plan where Trump came in winging it and pretty much just making it up as he goes along.

What does Obama care have to do with recruiting delegates? And how does recruiting delegates equate to dirty tricks?

I know that you will not agree, but I feel Cruz won Iowa from stabbing a kind man Carson in the back.

There are so many rules , twist, and turns in the primary's , I find it confusing and for what? So a group can ignore the peoples choice to put in their desired candidate at the end if they want to.

Ted Cruz can be overridden,just as much as Trump.

The difference between the Trump and Cruz campigans in my opinion is Cruz came in with well organized detailed thought out plan where Trump came in winging it and pretty much just making it up as he goes along.

So why is Trump winning to date? Considering Cruz is backed by many millionaires because of Heidi's Goldman Sachs connections. Troves of cash from them. Mega anti Trump super pacs that don't back Cruz but want to stop Trump. That's including Romeny's super pac for example who spent millions in Wisconsin to beat Trump.

Then you have Cruz and Heidi and dyed in the wool inside the beltway establishment power couple who both worked for the Bushs and the establishment now in their desperation pulling out all stops to try to deny Trump the nomination.

Cruz is still behind.

I know that you will not agree, but I feel Cruz won Iowa from stabbing a kind man Carson in the back.

There are so many rules , twist, and turns in the primary's , I find it confusing and for what? So a group can ignore the peoples choice to put in their desired candidate at the end if they want to.

Ted Cruz can be overridden,just as much as Trump.

Yuppers on that one. Charles Koch is demanding that Ryan be the nominee. Ryan is nothing short of the inside the beltway golden child to these assholes in Washington.

And I'm with you. The down and dirty campaign tactics of the Cruz people turned me seriously off him. I now loathe the son of a bitch.

So why is Trump winning to date? Considering Cruz is backed by many millionaires because of Heidi's Goldman Sachs connections. Troves of cash from them. Mega anti Trump super pacs that don't back Cruz but want to stop Trump. That's including Romeny's super pac for example who spent millions in Wisconsin to beat Trump.

Then you have Cruz and Heidi and dyed in the wool inside the beltway establishment power couple who both worked for the Bushs and the establishment now in their desperation pulling out all stops to try to deny Trump the nomination.

Cruz is still behind.
One reason Trump is still ahead is because for a long time the vote was split between dozens of candidates which benefited Trump what Trump people seem to not want to see is Trumps support seems to have topped out at around 35% give or take as the field has decreased Cruz's support has risen. Trump will do well in New York and some other states his core support is not going anywhere but the fact he stays stuck between 35 and 40 percent support tells you he's not the dominate force people like to think he is.

Forum List

Back