Why Did, And Why Do, So Many Self-Proclaimed Conservative Side w/Rush On Sandra Fluke

They don't run a Law School and charge Sandra Fluke $30,000 because they are furthering their faith. They do it because there's money to be made. Okay, fair enough. BUt when you say, "Hey, part of that deal is your health care while you are here", it better damned well include family planning.

How about if the government butts out of the private affairs of Americans?

This is not a private affair. This is a public institution, that is members of the public are invited to attend school there. If you issue an open invitation to the public to attend your school, you had better offer a standard form of health insurance, not one which caters to your prejudices and religious beliefs. But the Constitution is clear, in matters of the public interest, relgious beliefs are not relevant.

It's the not the institution's belief's that matter, but rather the consumers' in matters pertaining to their health and welfare.

They don't run a Law School and charge Sandra Fluke $30,000 because they are furthering their faith. They do it because there's money to be made. Okay, fair enough. BUt when you say, "Hey, part of that deal is your health care while you are here", it better damned well include family planning.

This is not a private affair. This is a public institution, that is members of the public are invited to attend school there. If you issue an open invitation to the public to attend your school, you had better offer a standard form of health insurance, not one which caters to your prejudices and religious beliefs. But the Constitution is clear, in matters of the public interest, relgious beliefs are not relevant.

It's the not the institution's belief's that matter, but rather the consumers' in matters pertaining to their health and welfare.

they had BETTER? who are you to say what people BETTER do? you don't like what they offer DON'T go there..or be like the idiot FLUKE and try to impose her views on EVERYONE

If the Church doesn't want to fund health care for its employees, it shouldn't be involved in businesses that have nothing to do with religion.

Where does the Constitution say that, asshole?

How about if the Church butts out of the private affairs of their employees?

I honestly wish the Catholic Church showed as much concern about priests who molesting altar boys that they do about whether their employees are using the pill or not.

If the Church doesn't want to fund health care for its employees, it shouldn't be involved in businesses that have nothing to do with religion.

I honestly wish the Catholic Church showed as much concern about priests who molesting altar boys that they do about whether their employees are using the pill or not.

you don't like what the church is about, you people butt out and stop trying to impose your views and WANTS on others..but that is the liberal way..watch when people try to curb abortion..ALL HELL breaks loose

you don't like what the church is about, you people butt out and stop trying to impose your views and WANTS on others..but that is the liberal way..watch when people try to curb abortion..ALL HELL breaks loose

You have it backwards. It's the Catholic Church and people like you who are trying to impose your beliefs on others. If you don't believe in birth control, don't use it, but don't try to prevent others from using it - that's the part about imposing your beliefs on others.

When people try to curb abortions, they are telling tell others that what they are doing is wrong. Again, if you don't believe in abortion, don't have one, but telling others they can't have one is imposing your beliefs on others.

Isn't that what you said was wrong? Imposing your beliefs on others? You've admitted you're wrong so stop doing it.

Georgetown Law School is not a "church".

It's a business.

It's a public institution.

Therefore, the church has no standing to challenge the law.

And the reason we get upset when you try to curb abortion is because women get them anyway, and they end up dying because the people performing them don't know what they are doing.

It's a business.

And the reason we get upset when you try to curb abortion is because women get them anyway, and they end up dying because the people performing them don't know what they are doing.
You shouldn't post about things you know nothing about, so you should probably not post at all.

The first line in Wiki's entry:

Georgetown University is a private research university in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1789, it is the oldest Jesuit and Catholic university in the United States.

Georgetown University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have it backwards. It's the Catholic Church and people like you who are trying to impose your beliefs on others. If you don't believe in birth control, don't use it, but don't try to prevent others from using it - that's the part about imposing your beliefs on others.

When people try to curb abortions, they are telling tell others that what they are doing is wrong. Again, if you don't believe in abortion, don't have one, but telling others they can't have one is imposing your beliefs on others.

Isn't that what you said was wrong? Imposing your beliefs on others? You've admitted you're wrong so stop doing it.

wrong, it is YOU who is trying to impose by saying they HAD BETTER.. here's how it works, you don't LIKE what they have to offer, DON'T go there
and another clue for you Canadian, I can criticize anyone I want, man or women..you don't get to tell me I can't..but I won't be as shallow as you

It's a business.

You shouldn't post about things you know nothing about, so you should probably not post at all.

Georgetown University is a private research university in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1789, it is the oldest Jesuit and Catholic university in the United States.

Meaningless to my point, but you aren't very bright, are you?

Fact is, they get public funds. They take government grants and research projects. They are a public accommedation and they don't have the option of ignoring laws they don't like.

Sorry... you lose- again.

Again, where was the Catholic Church when it's priests were molesting altar boys?

It's a business.

Fact is, they get public funds. They take government grants and research projects. They are a public accommedation and they don't have the option of ignoring laws they don't like.

Again, where was the Catholic Church when it's priests were molesting altar boys?

If that is the facts, they get public funds, so does Planned Parenthood, so we should get to tell them, NO ABORTIONS

If that is the facts, they get public funds, so does Planned Parenthood, so we should get to tell them, NO ABORTIONS

Or have all the abortions you want, because abortion is good for the country.

Seriously, you guys don't want to take care of the kids who are out there now, you want to throw another million into the mix?

It's a business.

Trying to make a point on a false premise means you had no point to begin with. If you're worried about choir boys, I suggest you address Cardinals or the Pope. I have no idea what that has to do with Fluke's sex life since I haven't heard of her doing choir boys. If she has, then she is more a slut than some make her out to be.

JoeB, you are a whiny ignoramus. Living in a shit hole and not being able to keep a job is no excuse for that.

[Trying to make a point on a false premise means you had no point to begin with. If you're worried about choir boys, I suggest you address Cardinals or the Pope. I have no idea what that has to do with Fluke's sex life since I haven't heard of her doing choir boys. If she has, then she is more a slut than some make her out to be.

JoeB, you are a whiny ignoramus. Living in a shit hole and not being able to keep a job is no excuse for that.

I can always tell when the person I am arguing with is losing, when he has to bring up Chicago or some other wrong guess about my life.

Sorry, guy, the problem is, the Catholic Church ran an organized ring to hide pedophile priests for decades, paying off victims for their silence and moving these priests to other parishes. Even the Pope was involved.

Their ability to be a moral judge on anything is bullshit.

That said, we have a sensible law. Family planning treatment should be between the woman and her doctor. Period. Not the government, not employers, not insurance companies and not churches.

And if you aren't going to do the sensible thing of making health care a public service, then the least you should do is make sure that if it is compensation, it's fair compensation.

Georgetown provides birth control for staff and faculty, smart one.

"Diversity" would include conservatives, yes. It would not include libel. That's illegal.

You gave no documentation on Sarah Palin and Condi Rice, but in any case both are public political figures, whereas Sandra Fluke is a student.

I could say "nice try" here but that would be exaggerating.

Sandra Fluke made herself into a "public figure" by appearing in front of congress to beg for the taxpayer to pay for prevention of consequences of having sex.

Again, he was making fun (it is ok when Letterman says stuff about Palin's daughters). If you are unaware of the left slamming conservative women you are intellectually dishonest. Google it.

BTW, Rush was "linguistically" correct if Sandra Fluke has had multiple sex partners in her life. I know it is not "politically correct" in the "diverse" culture of corruption, but, do not worry, when Obama care is in full control of your health care, that type of behavior will be taxed (because it causes health problems). Along with many other destructive behaviors, the health Czar will be telling you who you can partner with, what you can eat, what you can drink (and how much), how often you should exercise (and since the taxpayer is paying for it, they will have gov't reps verify you are doing things their way, since it "could save one life"). Go ahead, embrace corruption, and make a nation of wimps, our enemies are gathering, and when war comes, you will be the first to step up to fight, yes?

Pathetically wrong on all counts.
A citizen testifying before a Congressional committee is not a "public figure". A citizen running for office or holding a cabinet position is. You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own language.

Second, you're a rhetorical pissant if you expect other people to do your research for you. It's not my point, so I don't have to Google jack shit. You do. When you make a point, you provide the examples -- not me. Get off your lazy ass and do your homework and then we'll talk. And when you do, if you do, you'll still have a red herring, since the topic is Lash Rimjob, not "the left and the media" --- nor is that conglomeration a legitimate comparator.

On the one example you did reference (sort of), if you're seriously proposing to compare a standup comic joke to a political talk show bloviator, then you're in more trouble than you think.

Third, you don't have the vaguest idea of Sandra Fluke's life history, so that entire paragraph is a non sequitur. You don't get to just make up your own fantasies. See #2. Again.

You guys that come in here unprepared and then think you can just wing it kill me.

What other "citizen" did the President call after "testimony"? If he is calling her, she is in the political limelight, just sayin'.....

If you expect me to list the malice that the left/dems use on conservative women, it is because you want to waste my time. Not because you are really interested, you are being intellectully dishonest or are in a state of "chosen" ignorance.

David Letterman, and Rush Limbaugh are entertainers. If you want to apply different rules, you are bigotted, and not interested in "diversity".

Sandra Fluke is the person that "implied" she needs the US taxpayer to fund her sex life. She wanted the entire nation to focus on her sexual habits. Rush mocked her for it. You were offended, ahhhh.

Sandra Fluke made herself into a "public figure" by appearing in front of congress to beg for the taxpayer to pay for prevention of consequences of having sex.

Again, he was making fun (it is ok when Letterman says stuff about Palin's daughters). If you are unaware of the left slamming conservative women you are intellectually dishonest. Google it.

BTW, Rush was "linguistically" correct if Sandra Fluke has had multiple sex partners in her life. I know it is not "politically correct" in the "diverse" culture of corruption, but, do not worry, when Obama care is in full control of your health care, that type of behavior will be taxed (because it causes health problems). Along with many other destructive behaviors, the health Czar will be telling you who you can partner with, what you can eat, what you can drink (and how much), how often you should exercise (and since the taxpayer is paying for it, they will have gov't reps verify you are doing things their way, since it "could save one life"). Go ahead, embrace corruption, and make a nation of wimps, our enemies are gathering, and when war comes, you will be the first to step up to fight, yes?

A citizen testifying before a Congressional committee is not a "public figure". A citizen running for office or holding a cabinet position is. You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own language.

Second, you're a rhetorical pissant if you expect other people to do your research for you. It's not my point, so I don't have to Google jack shit. You do. When you make a point, you provide the examples -- not me. Get off your lazy ass and do your homework and then we'll talk. And when you do, if you do, you'll still have a red herring, since the topic is Lash Rimjob, not "the left and the media" --- nor is that conglomeration a legitimate comparator.

On the one example you did reference (sort of), if you're seriously proposing to compare a standup comic joke to a political talk show bloviator, then you're in more trouble than you think.

Third, you don't have the vaguest idea of Sandra Fluke's life history, so that entire paragraph is a non sequitur. You don't get to just make up your own fantasies. See #2. Again.

You guys that come in here unprepared and then think you can just wing it kill me.

Oh, SNAP! Reply perfection.

Pick your ass up, Logical. You aren't supposed to drop it when it is handed to you.

Regards from Rosie

Another biggoted and intolerant liberal?

The church (Roman Catholic or others) are not forcing anyone to NOT use birth control (the Catholic Church actually teaches birth control methods that are natural, inexpensive, and have no harmful, cancer causing side effects, but you do have to act responsibly). The church and a huge percentage of the population, simply, DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR OTHERS SEXUAL EXPERIENCES. Is that hard for you to understand? Is it difficult?

You tell me that telling you what to do is "wrong". Does that make you "wrong" for telling me that I am "wrong"? Isn't that "forcing" your beliefs onto me? This is the USA, where freedom of speech is a right granted to us from our "Creator". There is nothing about not being offended by what other people say (you have offended me that you think I am "forcing" you to believe as I do). Disagreeing with another's actions and making a statement of opinion is not "forcing". Or do you want to explain to me how you could possibly be so weak minded, that mere disagreement would cause you to fold on your own beliefs.

If I don't believe that chemical birth control is a good thing (in fact it is proven to cause some types of cancer and heart problems for many women), and I believe abortion is murder ("force"ably ending a life), why do you think that "you" have the "right" to force me to pay for such harmful services? Isn't that "forcing" your beliefs onto others (not just by stating opinion), by actually forcing their resources (tax dollars) to be used to "fund" your "beliefs"?

What other "citizen" did the President call after "testimony"? If he is calling her, she is in the political limelight, just sayin'.....

If you expect me to list the malice that the left/dems use on conservative women, it is because you want to waste my time. Not because you are really interested, you are being intellectully dishonest or are in a state of "chosen" ignorance.

David Letterman, and Rush Limbaugh are entertainers. If you want to apply different rules, you are bigotted, and not interested in "diversity".

Sandra Fluke is the person that "implied" she needs the US taxpayer to fund her sex life. She wanted the entire nation to focus on her sexual habits. Rush mocked her for it. You were offended, ahhhh.
She neither said nor implied any such thing, that is just a rationalization your MessiahRushie fabricated and swallowed by the Misinformation Voter.

Taxpayers do not pay for her health insurance, SHE paid for it through the school as part of her tuition. The school is blocking coverage of birth control by the health insurance company. No taxpayers are involved in any way, shape, or form.

Forum List

Back