Why Did, And Why Do, So Many Self-Proclaimed Conservative Side w/Rush On Sandra Fluke

Georgetown Law School is not a "church".

It's a business.

It's a public institution.

Therefore, the church has no standing to challenge the law.

And the reason we get upset when you try to curb abortion is because women get them anyway, and they end up dying because the people performing them don't know what they are doing.
You shouldn't post about things you know nothing about, so you should probably not post at all.

The first line in Wiki's entry:

Georgetown University is a private research university in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1789, it is the oldest Jesuit and Catholic university in the United States.

Georgetown University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Meaningless to my point, but you aren't very bright, are you?

Fact is, they get public funds. They take government grants and research projects. They are a public accommedation and they don't have the option of ignoring laws they don't like.

Sorry... you lose- again.

Again, where was the Catholic Church when it's priests were molesting altar boys?

They were trying to stop the molestation of alter boys. They were naive in believing homosexual pedophiles when they said they would stop. They have been working on correcting this problem for a very long time. They have one of the lowest incidents for child molestation among any predominant group.

Now, where are you critizing school teachers for molesting children? Gov't congressmen? State run institutions entrusted with the care of children? Other religious groups? Universities? What a sad little hypocrit you are.

If a group, a person is operating a business, they do not check their personal beliefs at the door (in many cases that is what makes the business successful). The gov't has no "right" to tell them what they "shall" provide. They can ensure safety, they can try to ensure that no discrimmination or abuse occurs, but they cannot tell the employer what to provide in the way of benefits. Each business that provides health insurance selects that insurance from what is on the market. The gov't has no "authority" to decide what those options are.

Liberals typically applaud school employees' exploitation of children, and are doing everything they can to hold them exempt from the mandatory reporting laws that requires them to report illegal sexual activity among children.

Liberals typically applaud school employees' exploitation of children, and are doing everything they can to hold them exempt from the mandatory reporting laws that requires them to report illegal sexual activity among children.

It would be refreshing to see one of the libs voice some disagreement with their behavior.

[

Again, where was the Catholic Church when it's priests were molesting altar boys?

They were trying to stop the molestation of alter boys. They were naive in believing homosexual pedophiles when they said they would stop. They have been working on correcting this problem for a very long time. They have one of the lowest incidents for child molestation among any predominant group..[/quote]

That's simply not true. Frankly, I grew up Catholic, we all knew back then (like in the 1970's) the priests were a little weird and you didn't want to be alone with one of them.

The Catholic Church just didn't "believe" the pedophiles (some of whom molested girls as well as boys, not that that should make a difference). They actively paid off families, having them sign non-disclosure agreements. They moved priests to other parishes without warning those communities.

If you really care to be educated on this subject, I would suggest you rent a movie called Deliver us from Evil. It tells the story of Fr. O'Grady in CA, who was moved from Parish to Parish without any warning to families.

[Now, where are you critizing school teachers for molesting children? Gov't congressmen? State run institutions entrusted with the care of children? Other religious groups? Universities? What a sad little hypocrit you are.

Actually, I was very strongly critical of teacher's unions that protect teachers accused of molestation. Particularly the one who has been collecting a salary for 12 years because they don't dare put him back in a classroom, but the unions have made it impossible to fire him.

[If a group, a person is operating a business, they do not check their personal beliefs at the door (in many cases that is what makes the business successful). The gov't has no "right" to tell them what they "shall" provide. They can ensure safety, they can try to ensure that no discrimmination or abuse occurs, but they cannot tell the employer what to provide in the way of benefits. Each business that provides health insurance selects that insurance from what is on the market. The gov't has no "authority" to decide what those options are.

Actually,the government has every right under the interstate commerce clause.

Pathetically wrong on all counts.
A citizen testifying before a Congressional committee is not a "public figure". A citizen running for office or holding a cabinet position is. You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own language.

Second, you're a rhetorical pissant if you expect other people to do your research for you. It's not my point, so I don't have to Google jack shit. You do. When you make a point, you provide the examples -- not me. Get off your lazy ass and do your homework and then we'll talk. And when you do, if you do, you'll still have a red herring, since the topic is Lash Rimjob, not "the left and the media" --- nor is that conglomeration a legitimate comparator.

On the one example you did reference (sort of), if you're seriously proposing to compare a standup comic joke to a political talk show bloviator, then you're in more trouble than you think.

Third, you don't have the vaguest idea of Sandra Fluke's life history, so that entire paragraph is a non sequitur. You don't get to just make up your own fantasies. See #2. Again.

You guys that come in here unprepared and then think you can just wing it kill me.

What other "citizen" did the President call after "testimony"? If he is calling her, she is in the political limelight, just sayin'.....

If you expect me to list the malice that the left/dems use on conservative women, it is because you want to waste my time. Not because you are really interested, you are being intellectully dishonest or are in a state of "chosen" ignorance.

David Letterman, and Rush Limbaugh are entertainers. If you want to apply different rules, you are bigotted, and not interested in "diversity".

Sandra Fluke is the person that "implied" she needs the US taxpayer to fund her sex life. She wanted the entire nation to focus on her sexual habits. Rush mocked her for it. You were offended, ahhhh.
She neither said nor implied any such thing, that is just a rationalization your MessiahRushie fabricated and swallowed by the Misinformation Voter.

Taxpayers do not pay for her health insurance, SHE paid for it through the school as part of her tuition. The school is blocking coverage of birth control by the health insurance company. No taxpayers are involved in any way, shape, or form.
Precisely!!! :clap2:

Conservatives have a knee-jerk reaction to defend Rush

Regardless of the hatred he spews

It is part of being a ditto head

Pathetically wrong on all counts.
A citizen testifying before a Congressional committee is not a "public figure". A citizen running for office or holding a cabinet position is. You're entitled to your own opinion, not your own language.

Second, you're a rhetorical pissant if you expect other people to do your research for you. It's not my point, so I don't have to Google jack shit. You do. When you make a point, you provide the examples -- not me. Get off your lazy ass and do your homework and then we'll talk. And when you do, if you do, you'll still have a red herring, since the topic is Lash Rimjob, not "the left and the media" --- nor is that conglomeration a legitimate comparator.

On the one example you did reference (sort of), if you're seriously proposing to compare a standup comic joke to a political talk show bloviator, then you're in more trouble than you think.

Third, you don't have the vaguest idea of Sandra Fluke's life history, so that entire paragraph is a non sequitur. You don't get to just make up your own fantasies. See #2. Again.

You guys that come in here unprepared and then think you can just wing it kill me.

Oh, SNAP! Reply perfection.

Pick your ass up, Logical. You aren't supposed to drop it when it is handed to you.

Regards from Rosie

Another biggoted and intolerant liberal?

No, jenius, just another observant and accurate liberal. We're EVERYWHERE.

Regards from Rosie

like you people do with Obama, Maher and a few others
the only people who bring us Rush, is you on the LEFT

Birth control is a hot button issue, and Sandra Fluke distorted her story to fit the democratic agenda. While I think Rush is an idiot, who clearly doesn't understand how birth control works, and a pig, for calling her a slut, I can also understand why she didnt garner much sympathy from the right.
Thanks for reminding me that he called her slut on the radio for about 4 days straight.

Now, how did she "distort her story to fit the Democratic agenda?" I don't quite get that one. Break it down for me if you can.

Thanks.

Edit: Also, seems like you're giving support to Rush and condoning his behavior. Phrases like "I can see why..." tends to signify support.

Dear MarcATL
RE: seeing why vs. supporting?
I can "see why" slave owners did not or could not automatically free their slaves if these were legally property owned by banks mortgaged to the owners on loan along with land.
I do not support slavery though I can see why changing it took stages over time.
It was best not to go there in the first place, and once you're in it's not instant getting out.

To undo all the damage and mess that went into this conflict over Sandra Fluke and Rush Limbaugh would also take a lot more work. So I can see why people would respond in different ways. I would keep doing the same thing I'm already doing by trying to resolve the root issue of stopping relationship abuse and bullying, respecting religious and political beliefs equally and not abusing govt, party, or either church or state authority to coerce, harass, exclude, or oppress others by dominating them with unequal force or pressure, which you can consider a collective form of relationship abuse as violating consent.

I believe in addressing relationship abuse in all forms in order to catch all these levels where it manifests. This incident is just one of many, and I understand some people may respond to one case and not the other. Some people react more strongly to the attack in Benghazi and others the rape and murder in India. People questioned why was there unequal hype about Jessica Lynch and not other service people, or the journalist raped by a mob in Egypt or the young girls gang raped in LA and in TX when those hit the media.

Do you really want to start judging ppl and groups by who responds to what?
We could point fingers all day if you like, will that solve the problem causing rape and abuse? or political manipulation and bullying?

BTW with Christian rebuke the wrongdoer is supposed to be redressed in private first, one on one, to correct the problem, so how do you propose to do this once Rush makes a public statement and skips steps of addressing the person he was criticizing directly alone? how do you work backwards to fix that? again i see ppl already working locally to address those around them one on one and trying to fix the same things going on around us. not everyone responds the same way because of their relative role in addressing this collectively by starting with the relationships around them and working from there. thanks for asking, and i hope this helps connect this incident with the peacemaking process we participate in daily.

careful rw

many say the same of the liberal media bias re obama
and now this NJ senator caught multiple times flying internationally to hook up with underaged prostitutes which sounds like they were trafficked to me

my bf is asking me why do your fellow democrats and liberal media go after rubio for drinking water during his rebuttal and won't mention this democrat scandal

ppl are jumping on the catholic church and penn state for cya to cover up child rape
i guess we are human and all have our biases and limits
as christians say we are all sinners imperfect and none are perfectly fair or just

Oh, SNAP! Reply perfection.

Pick your ass up, Logical. You aren't supposed to drop it when it is handed to you.

Regards from Rosie

Another biggoted and intolerant liberal?

No, jenius, just another observant and accurate liberal. We're EVERYWHERE.

Regards from Rosie

i would say bigotry biases and limits to tolerance are everywhere
but not limited to liberals
we are happy to share the credit with other parties
and do so on a daily basis
thank you for doing your part to point this out!

careful rw

and now this NJ senator caught multiple times flying internationally to hook up with underaged prostitutes which sounds like they were trafficked to me

my bf is asking me why do your fellow democrats and liberal media go after rubio for drinking water during his rebuttal and won't mention this democrat scandal

ppl are jumping on the catholic church and penn state for cya to cover up child rape
as christians say we are all sinners imperfect and none are perfectly fair or just

I guess the problem is, we have yet to have someone who is 16 years old show up in front of a camera and tell us, "Si, I was 16 and did the Nasty with Senator Menedez". All we have so far a lot of accussations, and not a lot of evidence.

If you prove it, I'll be the first one to call for his resignation.

That all said, my problem with Rubio is not his drinking of water, it's that he's just taking the same anti-worker shit Romney said and wondering why it doesn't sell.

careful rw

The problem with your rant is these "underage prostitutes" appear to be as real as Manti Te'o's girlfriend. They exist only on the internet, not a single one has come forward and made an official complaint. No one has ever been able to even confirm that they exist.

Contrast that fact with the Right's defense of Herman Cain, even after many real women came forward and filed complaints, the Right insisted they all were lying and Cain was "innocent until proven guilty." But for a Democrat all it takes for the Right to establish guilt is an internet hoax!!!! And any media that does not spread that internet hoax has a "Liberal bias." :cuckoo:
Obviously a "Liberal bias" is a good thing!!!

When citizen Sandra Fluke's story first hit the media the response from Rush was to INSTANTLY and IMMEDIATELY attack her. He distorted her words and message to say that she wants the government to pay for her to have sex. He went as far as suggesting that we all should watch her have sex. He literally went THAT far.

The worst part of the story isn't how disgusting that fat slob and bastard is, but that there was not ONE Republican, not one self-proclaimed Conservative, not one fundamentalist RW Christian that stood up against Rush and that reprehensible message. What we saw instead were many RWers who immediately began parroting him and that bigoted message. On this very board even...and quite recently too.

I mean, do you really agree with that? Do you REALLY believe that Sara Fluke believes in having the government pay for her to have sex? Do you side with Rush in wanting to see her have sex, since, in your minds, you are already paying for it, so you might as well be able to watch it <--- that was his reasoning by the way.

Edit: He even called the girl a slut on national radio, for at least 4 days straight...no apologies.

Has The Republican Party sunk so low?

Why?!?!??

I don't recall siding with Rush.

Yes, I found Rush Limbaugh's attack on Sandra Fluke so vile and disgusting as to change my opinion of the Republican Party. That none of the Republican Presidential Candidates spoke so much as a word to distance themselves from this disgraceful display, was even worse.

Added to the repeated references to "legitimate rape", forced transvaginal ultrasounds in Republican states, a party platform which supports banning all abortions, no exception for the life of the woman, and the refusal of Republican Senators to listen to women's points of view on birth control, these are the reasons why 60% of women voted Democrat.

The only female demographic to vote for Romney in large numbers was married white women. So by all means, continue to refer to Ms. Fluke as a slut who wanted the government to pay her to have sex. Every time you do, it reminds women that Republican lawmakers have no respect for women's rights and voting Republican is voting against their economic best interests. Women vote with their pocket books too.

Last edited:
To distance yourself from the Republican party because of what Rush said is silly to me.
Just like the Libs blaming all the problems of the world on president Bush is just as silly.

To distance yourself from the Republican party because of what Rush said is silly to me.
Just like the Libs blaming all the problems of the world on president Bush is just as silly.

On this issue, it's not just because of what Rush said, it's that no one in the Republican Party stood up on behalf of Sandra Fluke or defended her right to speak to the Committee. In fact, is they said anything at all, they defended Rush and his comments.

When you also consider that the only states putting impediments in the way of women obtaining abortions in the form of transvaginal ultrasounds, are all Republican states, and that all of the legitimate rape guys are Republicans. The same people who don't want to have businesses regulated, sure do want to have women regulated.

As long as Republicans talk about women's reproductive issues as something they have a right to control, women will not vote Republican. Not the smart ones anyway.

When citizen Sandra Fluke's story first hit the media the response from Rush was to INSTANTLY and IMMEDIATELY attack her. He distorted her words and message to say that she wants the government to pay for her to have sex. He went as far as suggesting that we all should watch her have sex. He literally went THAT far.

The worst part of the story isn't how disgusting that fat slob and bastard is, but that there was not ONE Republican, not one self-proclaimed Conservative, not one fundamentalist RW Christian that stood up against Rush and that reprehensible message. What we saw instead were many RWers who immediately began parroting him and that bigoted message. On this very board even...and quite recently too.

I mean, do you really agree with that? Do you REALLY believe that Sara Fluke believes in having the government pay for her to have sex? Do you side with Rush in wanting to see her have sex, since, in your minds, you are already paying for it, so you might as well be able to watch it <--- that was his reasoning by the way.

Edit: He even called the girl a slut on national radio, for at least 4 days straight...no apologies.

Has The Republican Party sunk so low?

Why?!?!??

Didn't Sara Fluke testify that she wanted government mandated insurance to pay for her birth control? I'd call her a slut. You ought to see the things left wing pundits called Sara Palin. I didn't hear a peep from African American liberals when the newspapers featured unbelievably racist cartoons suggesting that Dr. Condie Rice was a slave mammy for president Bush.

Forum List

Back