Why Did Black People Vote for Obama?

Currently, most registered black voters are registered as Democrats. Obama was the Democrat candidate. Why would someone go out of their way to try to shoehorn another, frankly racist, reason for most (Democrat) black voters voting for a..............Democrat?

So you admit that you vote solely along party lines. I always figured you for a partisan hack with no individuality... Thanks for the confirmation.

Nope Splatters. Voting for anyone who's the same color as you is just common sense. Nothing racist about it.

Of course you haven't got one iota of common sense so the fact is lost on you.

You wouldn't know a real racist if you stepped on one. Of course if you weren't the right color they would do more than step on you. They are, after all, real racists.

Last edited:
saying black people will vote differently than other voters becuase of the color of their skin is racism.

You people are just to racist to admitt the truth

your posts might make more sense if you learned to use the quote function. then maybe we could see who you are responding to.

what other demographic votes 98% in lock step?

And that means what to you?

you tell me. when any demographic votes 98% one way there must be a reason. Do you really think that 98% of blacks agree with obama's programs?

Looking at Bill Clinton he got around 82% of the black vote. Obama got 95% of the black vote.....so you can make the argument that being black amounted to 13% of Obama's black vote

However, Republicans are a lot nastier than they were in the 1990's. I doubt if they could capture 82% of the black vote again

Blacks are total racists and hate all white people. Obozo could have said he wanted a nuclear war and he'd have still gotten 95% of the black vote. OTOH romney only got 59% of the white vote.

Blacks are far far more racist than whites.

Talk about broad strokes...

I suppose you voted Republican? What you just posted gets at the very heart of why the GOP can't attract black voters in any significant numbers.

And you claim NOT to be a racist? Talk about the kettle calling the pot being black. Pun intended. These are all threads you started:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...o-put-his-kids-in-a-school-only-13-black.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-r...hy-i-m-sure-blacks-are-mentally-inferior.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...e-liberals-here-would-use-a-black-doctor.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...lturalism-diversity-why-they-always-fail.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...s-ca-drops-8th-grade-algebra-requirement.html

No you can't Billy didn't run against a black man.

you tell me. when any demographic votes 98% one way there must be a reason. Do you really think that 98% of blacks agree with obama's programs?

Looking at Bill Clinton he got around 82% of the black vote. Obama got 95% of the black vote.....so you can make the argument that being black amounted to 13% of Obama's black vote

However, Republicans are a lot nastier than they were in the 1990's. I doubt if they could capture 82% of the black vote again

Its not that they necessarily agree with all of his programs, but that they disagree with the GOP's ideas and how the GOP, in general, represents itself to black people.

You brought it up for a reason...or you brought it up for no reason. Which one is it?

Ppl don't usually type, edit and submit for no reason

I brought it up to further the dialog since someone else claimed that blacks did not vote based on color.

I merely challenged that by asking what other demographic follows those voting patterns.

can you name one, Mr Wizard?

Its not that they necessarily agree with all of his programs, but that they disagree with the GOP's ideas and how the GOP, in general, represents itself to black people.

which ones? freedom, self reliance, low taxes, smaller govt? are those the policies that they disagree with?

we all know that the biased media elected obama by lying about him and by lying about the GOP. We all KNOW that, if you had an ounce of credibility you would admit it.

Did 98% of black voters (not the same as saying all blacks, btw) vote for Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996? Do you know? Do you know why? Did anyone bother keeping track? If not, why not?

BTW...Wikipedia states 95%, not 98%.

Last edited:
Quoting some of his followers :" We want some of that Obama stash".

Did you read the OP? What free stuff was offered? Did all of the people who voted for Obama vote for him for the same reasons? I voted for him. I wasn't offered any free stuff and I didn't get any free stuff.

If Republicans think that if the Democrats run a white candidate for President in 2016 that they will have a chance of recapturing the black vote, they are kidding themselves

Did 98% of black voters (not the same as saying all blacks, btw) vote for Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996? Do you know? Do you know why? Did anyone bother keeping track? If not, why not?

I think the black vote for clinton was in the low 80% range. That just makes the point doesn't it?

If Republicans think that if the Democrats run a white candidate for President in 2016 that they will have a chance of recapturing the black vote, they are kidding themselves

do you think some clips of Hillary doing her fake black accent would do it for her?

As I said. He's black so blacks voted for him.

Perhaps you aren't racist, but do you realize that what your saying is a racist statement. Because, essentially, it is this:

Black people are so shallow and ignorant that they don't care what a candidate's policies are, they only care what the candidate's skin color is.

And generalizing that all black people only vote because of this shallow, ignorant reason i.e. inferior to your reasons for voting for the candidates you support, is a racist statement. That's how you come across.

It has nothing to do with "Well, since you disagree with Obama, you're a racist!" race card. Its the "You said something that shows contempt and an expressed perception that one race is inferior to your race!" race card.

You brought it up for a reason...or you brought it up for no reason. Which one is it?

Ppl don't usually type, edit and submit for no reason

I brought it up to further the dialog since someone else claimed that blacks did not vote based on color.

I merely challenged that by asking what other demographic follows those voting patterns.

can you name one, Mr Wizard?

blacks don't vote solely based on Color or Jesse Jackson would've seen huge support but didn't. No one does and for you to suggest it again shows off what some whites think of blacks. Suuuuuure, it's not racist. It just suggests that blacks don't think about their best interests, politics, family, community etc when voting because they only care if a person is black or not. Actually, it's much worse than being a racist

Soooo, What does voting patterns have to do with the voting for color Capt Suggestion?

Forum List

Back