Why did Hamas do this?

seized land by force, and are making them live like second-class citizens in their own country.
In the beginning?

Or after they refused rotten "peace deals?"

Hoping for at least a few calm, sober, thoughful responses.

More and more videos are surfacing over the October 7 attacks that began this (latest) international crisis. Atrocity after atrocity that are difficult for most of us to imagine. And now Israel is (predictably) responding, and things are only getting more dangerous.

So: Surely these people knew there would be a response, and some of the scenes are so brutal that it almost seems as if they're trying to PROVOKE a response. A BIG response.

Assuming there is some kind of organized strategy here, why do you think they did this? What is their end goal? My guess is that they're willing to sacrifice the innocents in Gaza to pull in other groups and countries to eliminate Israel once and for all.

Your thoughts?
I was going to start a thread on this myself.....

I can't see why Hamas would do this Oct 7 attack, when they KNOW the response they would get from Israeli forces would KILL thousands of innocent Palestinian babies, children, mothers etc.

Hamas essentially killed ALL of those Palestinians.... Hamas, pre planned their deaths....and the anger in the middle east region and beyond, against Israel for the deaths of "the Palestinian children" obviously was part of their plan....???

This seems as though it was an actual conspiracy of many nations behind the scenes to bring on, the Biblical Armageddon of Israel???

This is no simple and singular action of Hamas is the only thing I know....

So, who benefits?

Russia, for the attention taken from the Ukraine?? Iran? Saudi Arabia? The whole Muslim world? China, for the attention put elsewhere instead of Taiwan etc?

I can't see why Hamas would do this Oct 7 attack, when they KNOW the response they would get from Israeli forces would KILL thousands of innocent babies, children, mothers etc.

Hamas essentially killed ALL of those Palestinians.... Hamas, pre planned their deaths....and the anger in the middle east region and beyond, against Israel for the deaths of "the Palestinian children" obviously was part of their plan....???

This seems as though it was an actual conspiracy of many nations behind the scenes to bring on, the Biblical Armageddon of Israel???

So, who benefits?

Russia, for the attention taken from the Ukraine?? Iran? Saudi Arabia? The whole Muslim world? China, for the attention put elsewhere instead of Taiwan etc?
Finally. Thanks.

My guess is that Iran has its fingers directly in it, and the others you mention are just cheering it on after the fact.

Hamas may be just hoping, as it hides in its extensive tunnel system with its innocent hostages, that everyone else will do their work for them while they wait it out.

Their mission is the genocide of Jews.

I happen to agree that they are trying to draw in others to expand the operation but let's not forget what they are.

Anybody who rationalizes and justifies their attacks is justifying the genocide of Jews because that is their mission. How anybody could do so and then and turn around and deny they are an antisemite is beyond me.

More and more videos are surfacing over the October 7 attacks that began this (latest) international crisis. Atrocity after atrocity that are difficult for most of us to imagine. And now Israel is (predictably) responding, and things are only getting more dangerous.

So: Surely these people knew there would be a response, and some of the scenes are so brutal that it almost seems as if they're trying to PROVOKE a response. A BIG response.

Assuming there is some kind of organized strategy here, why do you think they did this? What is their end goal? My guess is that they're willing to sacrifice the innocents in Gaza to pull in other groups and countries to eliminate Israel once and for all.

Your thoughts?

Not sure why this is so difficult to understand. The Islamic people of Palestine elected Hamas, and they all want to see Israel destroyed so they can claim all the land as theirs. They all know the West is weak, and they know the Muslims all around the world will unite for their cause. Of course they are willing to sacrifice their own people to achieve their goal. Their false god says that sacrificing their own children makes them martyrs. I know lefties have a hard time grasping that religion can have such an effect on people, since to them religion is just stupid “superstition“ or something.

This is the real world, not fantasy land where everyone can just get along and coexist in peace.

And they were thanked by the Allies giving away their land.
It wasn’t their land. It was all owned by the British.

IMG_5030.jpeg

Not sure why this is so difficult to understand. The Islamic people of Palestine elected Hamas, and they all want to see Israel destroyed so they can claim all the land as theirs. They all know the West is weak, and they know the Muslims all around the world will unite for their cause. Of course they are willing to sacrifice their own people to achieve their goal. Their false god says that sacrificing their own children makes them martyrs. I know lefties have a hard time grasping that religion can have such an effect on people, since to them religion is just stupid “superstition“ or something.

This is the real world, not fantasy land where everyone can just get along and coexist in peace.
People across the political spectrum know how religions can distort thought processes.

You appear to think that their attack would destroy Israel. I disagree.

Their mission is the genocide of Jews.

I happen to agree that they are trying to draw in others to expand the operation but let's not forget what they are.

Anybody who rationalizes and justifies their attacks is justifying the genocide of Jews because that is their mission. How anybody could do so and then and turn around and deny they are an antisemite is beyond me.
I think you are painting with too broad of a brush...people have their own experiences to go by for their own opinion of the situation, and not all of them want the destruction of Israel or should be labeled as you did of them, as all anti Semite... I'm not certain all of them are.....?

People across the political spectrum know how religions can distort thought processes.

You appear to think that their attack would destroy Israel. I disagree.
With Iran and Lebanon and other Islamic countries involved, certainly they could.

If and when those nations go into a full out war with Israel, Muslims in the West will rise up as we already see them doing.

With Iran and Lebanon and other Islamic countries involved, certainly they could.

If and when those nations go into a full out war with Israel, Muslims in the West will rise up as we already see them doing.
So you agree with the point I've made a couple of times here. Good.

I think you are painting with too broad of a brush...people have their own experiences to go by for their own opinion of the situation, and not all of them want the destruction of Israel or should be labeled as you did of them, as all anti Semite... I'm not certain all of them are.....?
It is basic logic.

One would not justify the torture and killing of Jewish children for being Jewish without extreme levels of animosity towards Jews.

It just doesn't work that way.

Your thoughts?
Whole lot smarter people than me are puzzling over this. It was completely counterproductive to their cause.

It is basic logic.

One would not justify the torture and killing of Jewish children for being Jewish without extreme levels of animosity towards Jews.

It just doesn't work that way.
Agree that justifying the killing of innocent Jews such as on Oct 7 is nothing less than pure hatred towards the Jewish people.

Your thoughts?

First is the overall strategic reason for this attack.

1) Hamas has decided that they are being left out of the peace process, or more aptly abandoned from the peace process, and this is their last gasp to be relevant again.

The unknown is why it was so brutal. To me there are two choices, 1) it was intended to be so. or 2) the goal was more hostage taking, but the militants on the ground once unleashed went full massacre without it being upper levels of Hamas' intent to be so. Hamas is organized, but not truly militarily organized, so the ground pounders don't exactly have a rigid sense of discipline, nor are they exactly trained in it.

Surely they would know the USA would come in to AID Israel and would not be as easy as you say to destroy them?

I can't see why Hamas would do this Oct 7 attack, when they KNOW the response they would get from Israeli forces would KILL thousands of innocent Palestinian babies, children, mothers etc.

So, who benefits?

How do so many Americans--particularly liberals--really and truly not understand the mindset of radical Islam?

Are you kidding?

How do so many Americans--particularly liberals--really and truly not understand the mindset of radical Islam?

Are you kidding?
It is too easy to think that others are just like us and so are motivated by the same things.

This are a thoroughly inbred population aligned by blood ties, and following a supremacist ideology. They are not westerners, they do not think like westerners, and do not act in rational ways based upon our understanding of the world.

What they DO have, however, is a very sophisticated propaganda apparatus that they learned from their collaboration with the Nazis during WW2, which is designed to appeal to western sensibilities.

Their religion is no sillier than yours.

What amuses me is that rightwingers are absolutely losing their shit because a few Mexicans want to come up here and do menial jobs.

But they can't understand why Palestinians are upset that Jews from Europe came into their country, seized land by force, and are making them live like second-class citizens in their own country.
I am married to a Mexican and have Mexican children. The reason people of both conservative and moderate political positions are losing their shit is because of a weak southern border with Mexico that is providing a flood of sex traffickers, drug cartel agents moving fentanyl, and a path of entry for global terrorists who hate the US.

Forum List

Back