Why did michelle Obama evoke slavery during her convention speech?

She lives in a house built by slaves but now every day she looks out and sees her (black) kids playing on the lawn of the residence of the President of the USA.
Surely that's a pretty powerful image of how far blacks have progressed.

That was not her message.
Sure it was.

Liberals and democrats are CONSTANTLY denying the progress we have made, because they need to keep their base(s) riled up and afraid of the terrible "racists" who are one moment's weakness on their part from GETTING THEM.
Progress was the message...why wouldn't you see that as a good thing?

Because I know that that is NEVER their intent.

You have over 9k post on this site,

how often do you see lefties building America up as a Shining City on a Hill?

As opposed to calling their enemies racists?
A simple comparison of the DNC and RNC speeches should be enough of an answer.
The Reagan rhetoric of positivity has been long washed from the Republican party to be replaced with fear and bile.

Sure it was.

Liberals and democrats are CONSTANTLY denying the progress we have made, because they need to keep their base(s) riled up and afraid of the terrible "racists" who are one moment's weakness on their part from GETTING THEM.

The Reagan rhetoric of positivity has been long washed from the Republican party to be replaced with fear and bile.
I agree...hitlerys speech was dark, and chocked with fear and loathing....

Socialsim/ Communism is something any free person should fear.

Sure it was.

You claimed that Michelle was celebrating the progress America has made on Race.

I asked you how often you see that from lefties on this site as opposed to calling their enemies racist.

Your reply did not answer my question. FOR OBVIOUS reasons.

My point stands.

Lefties never celebrate our progress on Race because the Myth of America as being Racist is too valuable to them politically.

I have the answer, but you liberals won't like it.

to show how far we've come.

why are you offended?

that's kind of weird.

That's strange, she didn't mention any progress in the matter of how blacks are treated in this country. You're wrong. Try again.

Why don't you tell us about all the progress blacks have made in this country. Please start from when they were shipped across the ocean in chains.
This could be fun, so I will take a stab at it !!

- they grew and picked a lot of tobacco

- they grew and picked a lot of cotton

- they participated in insurrections against chattel slavery

- they fought on the side of the Union North

- they invented bbq ribs

- they invented jazz

- they invented rock and roll

- they invented swing dancing

- one of them invented a lot of hybrid fruits and vegetables

- they have won a lot of awards in music, cinema, art

- they own a lot of cab companies

- several of them attend college

- several of them become lawyers and judges

- one of them is currently on the SCOTUS

- one of them became the First Lady

- someone who is 12% Negro became POTUS.

Sure it was.

You claimed that Michelle was celebrating the progress America has made on Race.

I asked you how often you see that from lefties on this site as opposed to calling their enemies racist.

My point stands.

Lefties never celebrate our progress on Race because the Myth of America as being Racist is too valuable to them politically.
I gave you an example.
In fact you quoted it.

[She lives in a house built by slaves...

Irish, Scottish and Italians and other Europeans built pretty much most of the buildings that have stood the test of time from the US to Russia. Though certain American Indians excelled at high steel work in American cities. For the first White House, Afro americans were hired to move the rocks and other materials that artisans did not have time for.

her (black) kids

In theory they are quadroons or "mixed," unless you feel Obama is not half white or not the father.
You might be right...and I'm sure the Irish, Scots etc, being free men, were suitably rewarded for their labour.

I suggest you read up on how Irish immigrants were treated when they first came to America.

[She lives in a house built by slaves...

Irish, Scottish and Italians and other Europeans built pretty much most of the buildings that have stood the test of time from the US to Russia. Though certain American Indians excelled at high steel work in American cities. For the first White House, Afro americans were hired to move the rocks and other materials that artisans did not have time for.

her (black) kids

In theory they are quadroons or "mixed," unless you feel Obama is not half white or not the father.
You might be right...and I'm sure the Irish, Scots etc, being free men, were suitably rewarded for their labour.

I suggest you read up on how Irish immigrants were treated when they first came to America.
Were they enslaved...in the 19th century?

But...even if they were, how would that change the message?

My point stands.

I gave you an example.
In fact you quoted it.

I have no idea what you are talking about now.

I now await your lame rationalization for not reposting your alleged example.

My point stands.

I gave you an example.
In fact you quoted it.

No, I'm sure you don't.
Here you go..."A simple comparison of the DNC and RNC speeches should be enough of an answer."

No, no...don't thank me.

My point stands.

I gave you an example.
In fact you quoted it.

No, I'm sure you don't.
Here you go..."A simple comparison of the DNC and RNC speeches should be enough of an answer."

No, no...don't thank me.

Wow, that is even dumber than I expected.

Citing dozens of hours of speeches, compared, is fucking moronic and is just a method of running away because you know you can't defend your claim.

Forum List

Back