Why Did Republicans Seek To Cut Food Stamps Yet Are Content With Giving Israel...

94% of Republicans believe that Dweeb is an idiot.

Don't any of you anti-Semitic Liberals see the wisdom in having one friend in the Middle East?

No one is really all that interested in bailing out Detroit. It is a failed experiment in Liberal politics. The Republicans may eventually start buying up foreclosed properties when the price is right, but there is no up side to sending a broken city boat loads of cash that they will blow the same way.
The Democrats say they want to help Motown, but no one is really doing much more than giving speeches.
Until Conservatives invest there and become a viable voter base, the DNC has no real need to do more than talk.

Watch! If Detroit ever votes close to 50% GOP, Dems will build tracks four wide for the gravy train.
Detroit wasn't the only city that suffered from GOP policies. In fact, Red southern states have suffered under conservative polices for over a hundred years.
Go ahead and tell the people of Mobile, Biloxi and Dallas how we've suffered under Republicans

Detroit has been under Democrat mayors for, what 52 years? Yup a steady string since 1962. and what has happened? It went from a million and a half population to about 700,00 today. It's rather difficult to see how the city suffered under Republicans when the city had grown rapidly the 50 previous years. (44 with Republican mayors)
465,766 per 1910 census.
1,670,144 per 1960 census.

How do you justify this?

food-2.jpg

Oh yeah... I remember now. It's Bush's fault. :lol:
Yes obviously the Great Recession would increase gov assistance.

Now, how do you justify supporting republicans?
The recession has been over for 4 years now. Typically dependence drops. This time it's increased every year.
Democrats are among the staunchest supporters of Israel, so it isnt a GOP thing.

Looks like another Billy Goose Egg fail troll thread.
Lol except that democrats understand the need for food stamps
Food stamps and disability are the drivers of the Obama economy.
What does that even mean? The amount we spend on food stamps is a tiny fraction to what we spend on defense.
And the amount we give to Israel is a tiny fraction of the TRILLION we spend each year on welfare programs. It amounts to about $60 for each American on a federal welfare program. Do you think an ally in such a strategic location as Israel isn't worth 60 bucks a year?

I find it really pathetic some of you are actually defending our gov giving Israel the pointless 3 billion a year.
pointless! are you bonkers, without that money how could Israel balance the books and expand its wonderful Abortion service.As a pro abortionist may I thank you America for helping create one of the most liberal abortion services in the world.

I find it really pathetic some of you are actually defending our gov giving Israel the pointless 3 billion a year.
It's hardly pointless. Israel is a major ally.
Of course you're too stupid to know the US gives Egypt and Jordan more aid than that every year. Why dont you complain about that, you stinking troll?
A major ally huh? That's how you justify giving Israel, a powerful nation, 3 billion a year, yet dirt poor Americans trying to feed their kids don't deserve any help?

You have issues.
Who said dirt poor Americans dont deserve help? But find some for me. Because most people on food stamps are living lives that would be considered middle class in most of the world.
Another Billy Zip fail thread.

The recession has been over for 4 years now. Typically dependence drops. This time it's increased every year.
Democrats are among the staunchest supporters of Israel, so it isnt a GOP thing.

Looks like another Billy Goose Egg fail troll thread.
Lol except that democrats understand the need for food stamps
Food stamps and disability are the drivers of the Obama economy.
What does that even mean? The amount we spend on food stamps is a tiny fraction to what we spend on defense.
Look at my chart above, you twit. Would you rather that chart reflect the increase in jobs?

I didn't think so. :slap:
Jobs? We've had more job growth under Obama than both Bush and Reagan.
Uh no, that's a lie.
If we had the same labor workforce particiaption rate as when Obama took office the official UE rate would be over 12%

...a pointless 3 billion a year in aid? Guess what? It would still be the most powerful country in the Middle East without it. Talk about fostering dependence!

Let me all remind you on the stats on food stamps:

1) The average SNAP household receives $133 a month in benefits.

2) The average income of a SNAP household is $766 a MONTH.

3) 76% of people who receive SNAP have at least one dependent living in the household. These people receive 83% of all SNAP benefits.

SNAP Food Stamps Facts Myths and Realities

So, USMB republicans, how do you justify your political beliefs again?

I would agree to cut all aid to Israel, provided that we also cut all aid to all the other nations around Israel. We keep giving weapons to Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria (in the past), and then you are shocked we give weapons to Israel to balance it out? Of course we do.

As for comparing Israeli aid to SNAP.... that's exactly why our country is going broke. You morons on the left, are a penny smart, and dollar stupid.

You are essentially promoting SNAP which is costing us $80 Billion a year, and yet want to complain about foriegn aid of only $3 Billion? No wonder our country is screwed up, with Libtards running around "We're spending too much! Quick, increase $80B SNAP, and cut $3B in foreign aid to save money!"

What idiot, says stuff like this?

Don't any of you anti-Semitic Liberals see the wisdom in having one friend in the Middle East?

No one is really all that interested in bailing out Detroit. It is a failed experiment in Liberal politics. The Republicans may eventually start buying up foreclosed properties when the price is right, but there is no up side to sending a broken city boat loads of cash that they will blow the same way.
The Democrats say they want to help Motown, but no one is really doing much more than giving speeches.
Until Conservatives invest there and become a viable voter base, the DNC has no real need to do more than talk.

Watch! If Detroit ever votes close to 50% GOP, Dems will build tracks four wide for the gravy train.
Detroit wasn't the only city that suffered from GOP policies. In fact, Red southern states have suffered under conservative polices for over a hundred years.
Go ahead and tell the people of Mobile, Biloxi and Dallas how we've suffered under Republicans

Detroit has been under Democrat mayors for, what 52 years? Yup a steady string since 1962. and what has happened? It went from a million and a half population to about 700,00 today. It's rather difficult to see how the city suffered under Republicans when the city had grown rapidly the 50 previous years. (44 with Republican mayors)
465,766 per 1910 census.

Democrats are the cause of Detroits current state only if you ignore the fact that all the jobs went overseas. It kinda hard to keep the Motor City running when theres no more motors for people to build

Because to a majority of conservatives Israel's well being comes before America's.

As opposed to the immoral leftists, who don't care about the well being of anyone, like the Jewish people, like the Vietnamese boat people, like the people of Ukraine, like the killing fields of Cambodia, like even American citizens who they don't want able to defend themselves, like even the completely defenseless unborn babies.

If you want to play the game of just coming on here and making unqualified accusation and judgements about half the country, we can play that game too. The differences is, we're right about you.

Seriously tho...Look at Detriot. Republicans love to point out how bad its doing but they dont want to do anything to help. They much rather point at it and hold their noses like its a foreign country

Heck yeah! You got it buddy. See, it's reasoning like yours... that is the direct cause of Democrat Black voters, voting in over whelming majority for Democrats, that has resulted in them remaining impoverished for now 3 generations.

When you pay people to behave badly... not working, not maintaining a job, no family morals.... shockingly, people don't make the changes needed to have success. When you tell people, that it is government job to bail you out of your bad choices, that's when people don't make teh changes they need to, to end up successful.

Ohio went from having a deficit, to cutting spending, and cancelling big projects, focusing on core public services (roads and sewers, electricity and water), and now we have a surplus. The surplus is so large, they are now considering cutting taxes slightly, while rebuilding the public rainy day fund.

And you know... we should get all of that. We acted wisely. We acted prudently. We paid our taxes, and cut our spending. We did what adults should do.

Detroit..... has not.... why should we, who have acted wisely, be forced to pay for Detroit which choose not to? The corruption, and unions, and crime, and gambling that has swallowed up Detroit, and we who have been mature and prudent should pay for it?

No, you go pay for it. If you 'actually care' (which you leftists never do), then you get off your own butt, waddle yourself to Detroit, and work at the soup kitchen, or help at a charity if you want to with YOUR money.

But you people never do. You stand up and point fingers at everyone else, without doing anything yourself.

Last edited:

465,766 per 1910 census.

Democrats are the cause of Detroits current state only if you ignore the fact that all the jobs went overseas. It kinda hard to keep the Motor City running when theres no more motors for people to build
UNIONS are the reason jobs left Detroit. Alabama has a thriving auto industry. The workers earn good money and enjoy good benefits, the most important of which is they don't have to live in a hell hole.

GM's labor costs in Detroit are $73/hour while Hyundai's cost here in Montgomery Alabama is $44.
The unsustainable pensions ad yet another layer of cost. The UAW's 30 and out pensions mean that a worker who started at Chevy at 18 could retire at almost $40.000/year at age 48. This has resulted in GM paying pensions to 5 times as many retirees as they have active workers.

I beg to differ.....
Valerie Jarrett was on Morning Joe on MSNBC this morning letting the world know
how many millions the government has poured into Detroit.

Of course it's a lie. These leftards know it's a lie. If they really honestly don't know how much money the US tax payers have poured into Detroit, then they are far more ignorant and stupid, than I had ever assumed to begin with.

I have always assumed that they were simply ideologically idiots, and not truly Forest Gump stupid. If they truly believe that the US Federal Government has given 'zero' to Detroit, then they need to run Forest Gump, just to increase their average IQ.

...a pointless 3 billion a year in aid? Guess what? It would still be the most powerful country in the Middle East without it. Talk about fostering dependence!

3) 76% of people who receive SNAP have at least one dependent living in the household. These people receive 83% of all SNAP benefits.

Let me remind you of something related to food stamps:

1) That's $133 more per month than someone deserves of another person's money.
2) There's a reason someone with low skills makes low wages
3) It's not my responsibility to feed someone else's kids.

I justify my beliefs by making the claim that no one is owed anything in life by another person. To defend your position, you would have to make the claim that they do. Are you willing to make the claim that any portion of what I've earned belongs more to someone else than me? If you are make it but do it logically not emotionally.

Seriously tho...Look at Detriot. Republicans love to point out how bad its doing but they dont want to do anything to help. They much rather point at it and hold their noses like its a foreign country

Democrats have controlled Detroit for 50 years. Why would anyone want to help a place they tried to tell those who ran it the way you were running it wouldn't work? Expecting someone who knew better to now pay the price is foolish. That would be like advising someone they can't afford the car they want to buy, the person still buying, then the person buying it expecting help when they can't make the payments.

Republicans believe that Jews are "God's favorite people". Even more than corporations. They believe that one day, if they are "good", the end times will come and conservatives who are "good" will float off into "Heaven". So they think that if they can shovel money to Jews, God will see that conservatives helped "God's favorite people" so God will like conservatives too.

That pretty much sums it up.

I believe as a Christian that the Jews are God's chosen people. Has nothing to do with ideology. The rest of what you say is nothing more than a bunch of tripe by someone that apparently hates religion and shows it by having such a false view of it.

That pretty much sums up your sorry existence.

FACTS about GOP welfare reform...
The bill would cut $40 billion from the food stamp program over the next 10 years.
NOW there you go again you dastardly mean GOP!

EXCEPT:

A) It would also require adults between 18 and 50 without minor children
to find a job or to enroll in a work-training program in order to receive benefits.
NO!!!NO!!!NO!!!NO!!!
NO f...king way should ANY adult without minor children between age 18 and 50 BE FORCED to get job training!!! NO!!!NO!!!NO!!!

B) It would also limit the time those recipients could get benefits to three months.
Currently, states can extend food stamp benefits past three months for able-bodied people who are working or preparing for work as part of a job-training program.
AGAIN what's with this JOB training sh...T!!!! These are Americans out of work! Why are we penalizing them by asking to have job training??

C) The bill would also restrict people enrolled in other social welfare programs from automatically becoming eligible for food stamps.
AGAIN....AGAIN!!! Why oh why are these MEAN OLD GOPers asking that restricting dual social welfare! HOW MEAN!!!

D) In addition, the legislation would allow states to require food stamp recipients to be tested for drugs and
AND again the FREEDOM of Americans to take drugs! WHY are they being forced to be tested? I mean why are these poor drug induced
welfare people being FORCED to prove they aren't spending money on drugs? FOR SHAME you MEAN OLD GOPers!

E) to stop lottery winners from getting benefits.

NOW this really chaps me!!! This is so totally UNFAIR!!
SO what if the winner is getting benefits! Their taxes will pay for it so why must they stop??

AGAIN so totally MEAN and totally UNFAIR!!!
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/u...bill-cutting-40-billion-from-food-stamps.html

Forum List

Back