Why did so many Dems vote for Iraq War

Stupid Statement..............and typical of you.................my nephew is permanently disabled from an IED in Iraq..............only survivor in the Humvee that day................didn't wake up until Germany.............

Don't tell me about Lying to those poor veterans.............

They gave their lives to take that country and those towns only for politicians to sit back and watch as those towns were taken by ISIL when they gave their blood and lives for these towns...................

Obama and you types are complete fucking idiots...............

Bush was a fucking idiot on strategy in this war as well............as the same ones who probably set the IED were trapped in FAhallah and allowed to leave in the first battle their...............All for Politics...............

We didn't even leave them any Intel capabilities when we left..............and then DID NOTHING AS THE COUNTRY WAS LOST

Well I thank your nephew for his service and feel bad about his injuries and for having a dumb uncle like you.

Either we made Iraq the 51st state or HAD to leave sometime like the unwanted "guest" that overstayed the original welcome.

Based on the efforts of the war manufacturers' lobbying whores, we left tons of weaponry and machinery in Iraq....because....well, because they needed to gouge the tax payers for NEWER stuff, and virtually all that we left are now in the hands of insurgents....
We paid for the rope to hang ourselves with.
We paid for the rope.............

Hmmmmm no we elected a retard for POTUS.

Because they were fed cooked Information. W and DICK dooped everyone.

In law, there ARE different levels of culpability based on an individual's responsibility in enacting the "crime,"

Kaz is full of doo-doo.......Bush and Cheney would get the needle while Dems. in Congress who voted for the war ON Iraq (not "in" Iraq) would receive 15-20 years in a slammer.

We paid for the rope.............

Hmmmmm no we elected a retard for POTUS.

Aren't you tired of same freaking tune??? Yeah you hate Obama and your hate blinds you from any rational response to the topic.....

Why don't you type "I hate Obama" and copy and paste that to all your responses to others' posts?

How could anyone have anticipated that the POTUS and his administration could be capable of such bald-faced lies?

The POTUS and his Administration was merely quoting what a lot of leading Democrats were saying based on intel from US and allied intel agencies. Are these lies?

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

147 Democrats voted against the Iraq war. Why do you never quote them?

Why don't you quote them?

Their vote is their quote. We were right. You were wrong. Go show God the blood on your hands.

I didn't get to vote, but Hillary and Kerry did.

Kaz 11398316
So you expect a serious answer to your wanting me to say it was only W behind the war, it's not going to happen, it's ridiculous crap. You are just rewriting history and absolving your party of their crimes

No. That is not what I asked for. Here is what I am asking you again.

"The early March 2003 decision to invade Iraq that forced an end to UN inspections is the fault of GWBush and no one else. No one on earth made that decision other than GW Bush."

If you know of someone else who decided to stop the inspections and start a war instead. I'd like you to tell me who that was.

Remember. In October 2002 when those members of Congress voted, there were no UN inspectors in Iraq and a month later Bush decided to let the UNSC give Saddam Hussein a final opportunity to let the inspectors in and be verified disarmed - peacefully. Peacefully means without a war.

The decision to quit inspections was Bush's and Bush's alone. Who else decided to quit the inspections and start a war instead?

No need to rewrite what I'm asking you. I didn't say there were not others 'behind' the war. I said Bush is the only human being on this planet that decided to quit inspections and start a war. So who who else do you think decided that.?

I want names and quotes.

Last edited:
No need to rewrite what I'm asking you. I didn't say there were not others 'behind' the war. I said Bush is the only human being on this planet that decided to quit inspections and start a war. So who who else do you think decided that.?

So Bush controls the UN?

See how dangerous the far left religion truly is?

It is foul of you to cut Kerry's quote off without quoting the rest of it.

Do you see those three dots ... Inserted four times including at the end? Why didn't you insert some honesty here and quote the full statement and paragraphs?

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

Here us more without your damned deceitful dots (...)

"Without question we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal and murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. And we all know the litany of his offenses. The reason I think we need to really think about him is because he presents a particularly grievous threat through the consistency with which he is prone to miscalculation. He miscalculated an eight-year war with Iran. He miscalculated the invasion of Kuwait. He miscalculated America's response to that act of naked aggression. He miscalculated the result of setting oil rigs on fire. He miscalculated the impact of sending scuds into Israel and trying to assassinate a former American President. He miscalculated his own military strength and he miscalculated the Arab world's response to his misconduct. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose and destroy its weapons programs. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it's not new. Since the end of the Persian Gulf War we've known this."

Saddam had extensive WMD....the Rats seem to think because he couldn't get his nuclear program going there was nothing there to find...there was and russian Spetsnaz got it over the border into Syria and on into Lebanon. There were known terrorists in Iraq....Zarqawi and Abu Nidal the principle psychopaths. What is little known is that Saddam also had one of the most sophisticated counterfeiting operations the US Treasury had ever seen.....his US $100 bills were perfect. And of course his murdering rapist sons were ready to replace him had we simply targeted him. The whole outfit had to go. But of course the main reason for invading Iraq was to invite in AQ to have a go with our military instead of our office workers and embassy employees. The result was over 20,000 AQ killed and the organization decimated. Then Barry ran away and it was all for naught.

It is foul of you to cut Kerry's quote off without quoting the rest of it.

Do you see those three dots ... Inserted four times including at the end? Why didn't you insert some honesty here and quote the full statement and paragraphs?

Here us more without your damned deceitful dots (...)

"Without question we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal and murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. And we all know the litany of his offenses. The reason I think we need to really think about him is because he presents a particularly grievous threat through the consistency with which he is prone to miscalculation. He miscalculated an eight-year war with Iran. He miscalculated the invasion of Kuwait. He miscalculated America's response to that act of naked aggression. He miscalculated the result of setting oil rigs on fire. He miscalculated the impact of sending scuds into Israel and trying to assassinate a former American President. He miscalculated his own military strength and he miscalculated the Arab world's response to his misconduct. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. That is why the world, through the United Nations Security Council, has spoken with one voice, demanding that Iraq disclose and destroy its weapons programs. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real, but it's not new. Since the end of the Persian Gulf War we've known this."

Another post that proves the far left is the most dangerous religion on the planet..

Then what do expect from the far left drones that supports Obama's illegal wars..

Saddam had extensive WMD

But wasn't it real "nice" for Saddam.....knowing he was going to hang for HIS sins......to give up those WMDs voluntarily instead of using them?.......What a sweet and altruistic guy, right, moron?

But wasn't it real "nice" for Saddam.....knowing he was going to hang for HIS sins......to give up those WMDs voluntarily instead of using them?.......What a sweet and altruistic guy, right, moron?

Saddam had nothing to say about it, shitbag. The russians were where he got his ABC munitions and they didn't want the world to know that. Saddam was a pig, same as Willy Jeff Clinton....I'm surprised you don't have a poster of him on your wall in the dorm.

I'm surprised you don't have a poster of him on your wall in the dorm.
'
As you must have over your bed of Karl Rove?

Yeah, the new bullshit mantra.....the god-less Russians in Iraq saved our troops from WMDs.....What an IDIOT!!!

3rd ID went over the berm from Kuwait in full ABC protection gear in that heat. That's all a zit-popping little creep like you needs to know about what we expected to encounter.

Dingbat that would be yet ANOTHER sin you can pin on fuck-face Cheney.

It was still an invasion. What it certainly was not was an "occupation," which is what that idiot thinks it was.

If the US stopped supporting the Kurds, they would have been overrun by Saddam. Clearly it was an invasion
So stop with the conjecture then and prove it. Post a link to an article stating Clinton put "boots on the ground" in Iraq.

The point is irrelevant to the discussion which is that Clinton was a neocon just like HW, W and Obama. He was. He tried to topple the Iraqis militarily and he tried to set up Kurdish autonomy militarily. He nation built directly in Kosovo, Bosnia, Haiti and Somalia. He also attacked the Sudan and Afghanistan.

So you tell me what difference it would make to you if we went into the Kurdish region with military personal or we just armed and advised them across the border. Would it make any difference to you? How would it make a difference?
Irrelevant?? You made it relevant by lying. Your lack of credibility is relevant to any discussion you have. That you're so pathological, that you can't have a discussion without lying, is a relevant factor in every discussion with you.

Not liberal = lie, got it
Let me correct that for you ...

kaz = liar

Tell me again how Clinton "occupied" Iraq with "boots on the ground," liar...?

Crying now that it's irrelevant because you got caught lying doesn't mean you didn't lie. You realize that, don'tcha?

kaz 11394927
My arguments against the Iraq invasion are:

1) It was Unconstitutional. The only authority for the military granted and the only authority for the military which should be granted is for the "defence" of the United States. Attacking Afghanistan was that, they attacked us. Invading Iraq was not. Nation building in Afghanistan was not. In Afghanistan, we should have gone in, killed as many al Qaeda and Taliban as we could and left. We should not have gone into Iraq at all. I oppose Gulf War I, Gulf War II, and having any military bases or permanent troops in the middle east.

2) It was not in our national interest. The Arab governments and Europe are under a far greater threat from radical Islamic States. Yet we push them aside and fight it for them. It's ridiculous. Look what happened when we didn't attack ISIS. Jordan and Egypt did. Why should they take care of themselves when we do it for them?

I don't know why you want to run away by throwing in the 'boring' excuse because I agree with your reasons for opposing the war in Iraq and agree with your support for toppling the Taliban.

I do not agree with leaving Afghanistan after toppling the government. That would have been a disaster to leave the Afghans to fend for themselves.

What I said was:

"I am not saying the invasion is your fault. The invasion is the fault of GWBush and no one else. But you can't seem to find a valid argument against that"

Why don't you provide a valid argument against that?

Why can't you grow a pair and acknowledge your party did this hand in hand with GWB? Pull down your dress, your twat is showing, girlie
Because no one in Congress deployed a single troop. Bush, as Commander-in-Chief, was the decider who decided to invade a country which had not attacked us and which was not producing the WMD for which he decided to invade.

Even Bush acknowledges that even if you can't...

"As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq." ~ George Bush, 12.14.2005

Forum List

Back