Why did so many Dems vote for Iraq War

An on-going "excuse" that many right wingers on here have about supporting the wasteful, horrible and unproductive war ON Iraq (not just "in Iraq") is that many democrats ALSO voted for such a war.....

They're somewhat correct on this and I, for one, have much less respect for those democrats who foolishly went along with the LIES of the murderous Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz...... It is salutary for right wingers to tacitly and finally admit that the war was a DISASTER and, to some extent, I don't blame them for trying to share the blame far and wide to ease their own sorry conscience.....

However, there's an ancient axiom that states:

If one tells you a lie.....and you repeat it thinking it to be true, ultimately WHO is the culpable liar?
Dems voted for the war because they didn't know then what they know now...although what they know now is worse than what they didn't know then because what they know now is dead wrong.
The vote was to give Bush the authority to take the country into war if he thought Iraq was a threat and that invasion was the only way to keep Hussein from developing WMD.
That is what he thought. That is what bubba thought...

An on-going "excuse" that many right wingers on here have about supporting the wasteful, horrible and unproductive war ON Iraq (not just "in Iraq") is that many democrats ALSO voted for such a war.....

They're somewhat correct on this and I, for one, have much less respect for those democrats who foolishly went along with the LIES of the murderous Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz...... It is salutary for right wingers to tacitly and finally admit that the war was a DISASTER and, to some extent, I don't blame them for trying to share the blame far and wide to ease their own sorry conscience.....

However, there's an ancient axiom that states:

If one tells you a lie.....and you repeat it thinking it to be true, ultimately WHO is the culpable liar?
Dems voted for the war because they didn't know then what they know now...although what they know now is worse than what they didn't know then because what they know now is dead wrong.
The vote was to give Bush the authority to take the country into war if he thought Iraq was a threat and that invasion was the only way to keep Hussein from developing WMD.
That is what he thought. That is what bubba thought...
Doesn't matter what Bubba thought. Bubba didn't drag the country into a nine year war which cost us 5,000 American lives and trillions of dollar over WMD which weren't there.

kaz 11420473
So by your first word "nope" you actually meant "yep"

My no means no and my yes means yes. Honest people are that way. You falsely said that 'Democrats are responsible for nothing' so I wrote in plain English what they were responsible for and you obviously cannot make an argument against those facts. So you flip flop the meanings of yes and no.

Why not just run away as you usually do when you have absolutely nothing to say that is relevant or truthful?

OK, quick English lesson. When you agree with what I said, you say "yep" then proceed. When you disagree with what I said, you say "nope" and then proceed. You said "nope" then agreed with what I said. Glad I could help you learn one thing today

We control the SC votes against Israel with our veto. Russia controls the SC votes against Syria with their veto. Do you deny this control?

You didn't say we have veto power or control over some situations, you said we control the UN. Buy a dictionary

Well let me quote me then.

"The five permanent member hold veto power over the UNSC so the answer is yes, of course he did."

Any of them could have vetoed 1441, but no one, including W could compel them to pass it. If we controlled the UN, W could have compelled them to pass it. He couldn't.

Seriously, BUY A DICTIONARY. Being able to stop something isn't "control." I don't control your car if I siphon the gas out of your car. You can't drive it, but I don't control the car. You are seriously not a bright guy.

In fact, all five voted for it
Why would they veto 1441? 1441 a prelude to get UN inspectors back into Iraq. It wasn't a green light for Bush to invade.

Irrelevant to what I said.

BlindBoob said we control the UN. Vetoing a bill isn't "control" over the UN any more than taking the gas out of your car means I "control" your car.

Hey partisan, how come Israel hasn't been sanctioned more by the UNSC? Besides which how many "Bills" have we vetoed anyway?

Seriously you should not be questioning anyone's luminosity.

And none of that was a legitimate case for war.

Bingo, so stop the Bush lied crap, he didn't, he believed it, and focus on that we should not have invaded, period. Democrats need to stop the lie they were duped and say they were wrong, but they learned. That would be something I could get behind. But continuing to use the lie you were duped for vote pandering I can't get behind
What do you think W believed? I think he truly believed the Iraq invasion would lead to a stable and democratic republic in Iraq, but in order to invade he had to sell Americans on Saddam having womd that could fall into terrorist hands, and create harm in America much greater that 9-11 ... so he hung his hat of trumped up evidence.

LBJ probably had good intentions too.

Sure FDR did, he lied the US into war.
FDR attacked a country that did not attack the US
FDR round up all those Japanese Americans and put them in camps.
FDR used two WMD's to try and the WWII early.

Yet the far left sees him as a hero..
Yeah, Japan never actually bombed Pearl Harbor and the other Axis powers never declared war upon the US. Right...

FDR did round up Americans of Japanese descent and put them into camps. Only thing you got right.

Truman used the atomic bombs to end WW2. There is no try.

FDR rounded up Japanese. Profiled them. Put them in camps based on the color of their skin.....you Lefties celebrate him. Bush sought to intercept and record calls of suspected terrorists and you Lefties said he was taking away our rights. Argue why Bush should not have followed FDR's path on protecting the Homeland.
In Roosevelt's case, the enemy was known. The Japanese Empire attacked us. Roosevelt asked for a declaration of war from the congress and got it. It is easy to criticize Roosevelt regarding the Japanese internment in retrospect, but it was also a different time in America, where racial discrimination and attitudes prevailed. Are you suggesting that Bush should have rounded up all Americans of Saudi descent or all Muslims in general and shipped them off to Gitmo?

In Bush's case, a bunch of terrorists took over planes and flew them into the WTC and Pentagon. There was no country or government attacking us, but a terrorist organization. Bush took appropriate action attacking Al Qaeda in Afghanistan, then decided to attack Iraq which had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks.

Jr. lied us into the Iraq war because he wanted to finish what his daddy left undone.

The only way to do that was to lie to the American people and lay the blame for 9/11 at the feet of Saddam, and then scare them with the possibility of WMD's.

Left loons still dwelling on BOOOOOOOSH!!!!! While their failed Messiah fucks up everything he touches, unbelievable

Left loons still dwelling on BOOOOOOOSH!!!!! While their failed Messiah fucks up everything he touches, unbelievable

Really? He's screwed up everything? Job growth has been pretty good under Obama, so has the stock market and health care.

You right wingers can't see past your hate of a black man in the White House.

Really? He's screwed up everything? Job growth has been pretty good under Obama, so has the stock market and health care.

You right wingers can't see past your hate of a black man in the White House.

Give the racist shit a rest, moron. Just give it a rest, it's comical

Actually, what I find comical is the right's ability to block anything that Obama supports, even when they were for it just a few months ago.

I also find it comical that Boehner keeps asking where all the jobs are, when it's been documented that we have had steady job growth for the past 60 plus months.

Jr. lied us into the Iraq war because he wanted to finish what his daddy left undone.

The only way to do that was to lie to the American people and lay the blame for 9/11 at the feet of Saddam, and then scare them with the possibility of WMD's.

My slightly different take (or just a different version) is that junior wanted to do "one-better" than daddy.....after all, GHB's war resume was so darn much better than junior's hanging out at bars through the VN ordeal.

Forum List

Back