Why Did Views on The Electoral College and Popular Vote Change?

Trump didn't even manage to win the plurality, let alone the majority.
Lol
Actually more people voted for the conservative/libertarian side you fucking moron...
Candidate Party Popular Votes
Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Gary Johnson Libertarian 4,488,931
Jill Stein Green 1,457,050

You think Trump is a conservative ! That is rich! :21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21::21:
I never said that, I said conservative voters voted for Trump, Anything is better than a career politician...

Some of us have always opposed the electoral college system for being a useless vestige of the past.
That doesn't make us 'right' or 'left', it just means we have an opinion.

I mean, Slick Willie Clinton never won the popular vote. Even candycorn was proud to post the electoral college results every time Obama got lambasted. As she included it in her signature

So what's different now?

-Geaux
Are you drunk this morning? Bill won the popular vote both elections.

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140
Over 50% no

-Geaux

That is not what you said, one does not need to be over 50% to win the popular vote.
But in the current case, that's the beef... right?

Point being.. More people voted for Perot and Dole than did for Clinton

Why the shift?

-Geaux

No, in the current situation it is that Clinton got more votes than Trump, not that it was not over 50%.

It is a stupid beef, but at least get it right if you are going to make a thread about it.
Conservative/libertarian voters outnumbered progressive voters… End of story

I mean, Slick Willie Clinton never won the popular vote. Even candycorn was proud to post the electoral college results every time Obama got lambasted. As she included it in her signature

So what's different now?

-Geaux

I was under the impression the election was nearly 24 months ago.
You still haven't gotten over it; have you?
Sad.

That is not what you said, one does not need to be over 50% to win the popular vote.

Since you invented "popular vote for president", which doesnt exist, you invented that rule as well? There is no such thing as a popular vote for president. Each state appoints electors. It so happens every state allows its voters to chime in by state ballots. But they dont have to.

Not one person in this country ever voted for Hillary Clinton for President. He may have voted for an elector...but never for Hillary Clinton. So she didnt win anything. She was never on a ballot except at the Electoral College.

So what's different now?

-Geaux
Are you drunk this morning? Bill won the popular vote both elections.

View attachment 222139
View attachment 222140
Over 50% no

-Geaux

Actually not winning over 50% is not that unusually. It has happened numerous times, 19 times I believe.

List of United States presidential elections by popular vote margin - Wikipedia

So what's different now?

-Geaux

The EC keeps refusing to line up with what they see as the real selection process...media polls.

Since you invented "popular vote for president", which doesnt exist, you invented that rule as well? There is no such thing as a popular vote for president. Each state appoints electors. It so happens every state allows its voters to chime in by state ballots. But they dont have to.

Not one person in this country ever voted for Hillary Clinton for President. He may have voted for an elector...but never for Hillary Clinton. So she didnt win anything. She was never on a ballot except at the Electoral College.

Dude, what are you talking about? She was on the same ballot as any congressman, amendment, bill or referendum. Her name was on the ballot I cast. It didn’t have an X Next to it when I mailed it in however.

So what's different now?

-Geaux

Bill Clinton didn't win the popular vote, but got more votes than anyone else. It's not great, but it's better than someone winning with LESS votes than their opponent. It's like going into the Superbowl with 10 points already.

I did not invent shit you fucking moron, this is not my thread, talk to you fellow sheep that started the thread.

So what's different now?

-Geaux

I have no use for the man, but Obama never got "lambasted".

He won the Electoral College twice. He was legitimately elected, winning the Electoral College.

Just like Donald Trump.

Winning the popular vote is good for nothing but window dressing and bragging rights.

Pretty truthful statement.

The argument/debate should be if we switch from the electoral college,
do we then elect Presidents' with a plurality of the PV or a Majority.

A Majority would call for a second election between the two leading vote getters, if no one received a majority.

A couple of ways to look at it...Kinda like getting into the Baseball Hall
of Fame for hitting. Do we elect someone to the hall of fame because
he was successful .350 of the time or because he failed .650 of the time.

Bill Clinton won with 43% of the vote (PV). That translates into 57% didn't
wnt him. Abe Lincoln won with 39.8% of the vote. That translates into
60.2% of the people didn't want him.

More people wanted Donald Trump (45%) of the vote, than wanted Bill
Clinton or Abe Lincoln, just to name a few.

It's an eye-opener...ain't it?

Trump didn't even manage to win the plurality, let alone the majority.

Like GW Bush, Trump won thanks to the electoral college.

The electoral college was put in place to give low population states a voice.
Low population states: Mostly rural, usually conservative, religious, farmers... lots of hunters with AR-15s lol (Trump territory in 2016).

The system makes it harder for city slickers on election day. You need at least 5% extra city slickers to match a red neck militia guy with an AR-15.

Here's the average conversion factor on election day: 1 conservative red neck = 1.05 liberal city slicker.

So what's different now?

-Geaux

Bill Clinton didn't win the popular vote, but got more votes than anyone else. It's not great, but it's better than someone winning with LESS votes than their opponent. It's like going into the Superbowl with 10 points already.
I look back now on Clinton and realize I did well under him. He really looks middle isle when compared to Obama

-Geaux

So what's different now?

-Geaux

I look back now on Clinton and realize I did well under him. He really looks middle isle when compared to Obama

-Geaux

Well, if the country weren't so partisan, it wouldn't lurch so much.

So what's different now?

-Geaux

I have no use for the man, but Obama never got "lambasted".

I suspect that "lambasted" refers to the criticism President Nimrod received from his detractors hereabouts and/or the poor showings in Mid-Term Elections for Crime Family-D during his 2 terms, not his Presidential Election Results.

…. on the other hand I could be wrong and the OP just has no grasp of mathematics. :dunno:

For Democrat wankers, it's when they got their asses handed to them. Whenever they lose, everything's 'wrong' and needs to be changed. Same ole, same ole.

The electoral college was put in place to give low population states a voice.
Really? I am of the opinion it was put in place to prevent too much democracy. 'Mob rule' I think it was called.

edit...I had the impression their voice was guaranteed by assigning two senators to them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back